[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gas masks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Hey rubberheads, suggest gas mask models to me. Looking for cheaper ones. Also, I don't fibrosis, so preferably ones without asbestos in them too.
>>
>>32969362
if there is one pro to living in israel its a free gas mask
(its illegal to open the case until something happens but shhh)
for your question i assume anything from surplus, and something old
>>
>>32969385
Yes, surplus, old or modern IDC. as long as it works and had replaceable filters and doesn't give me breathing problems.
>>
>>32969362
the asbestos meme is just a meme

as long as your aren't using some retarded old and broken filters you aren't going to inhale anything except what you are supposed to. (except maybe chromium in some cases but don't worry about it)

they actually make new production filters for the gp-5 and stuff and they work just fine for larping or whatever.
>>
>the asbestos meme is just a meme

>except maybe chromium in some cases but don't worry about it

>they work just fine for larping

This is why everyone should avoid listening to 4chan posts.
>>
>>32969362
PMK-2
>>
>>32970264
And yet here I am
>>
>>32970395
>"cough"
>>
>>32970429
indeed
>>
File: IMG_4014.jpg (351KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4014.jpg
351KB, 1080x1920px
What the fuck is this white powder inside my GP-5
>>
>>32970533
it's talcum or some other rubber preservation powder
Pretty much harmless, but I'd clean it off before wearing the mask
>>
File: asbestos-main-1.jpg (259KB, 2000x850px) Image search: [Google]
asbestos-main-1.jpg
259KB, 2000x850px
>>32970533
I'd get screened for cancer by a doctor and explain that you put an air tight mask on your face filled with Asbestos.
>>
>>32970533
at basic we were all issued brand new CBRN kit and ours had the white powder in it too. it's harmless but it makes for a great inspection and correction "tool"
>>
File: 20170205_002704.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_002704.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32969362
MCU-2/P is best meme mask, provided you have tinted outsert.
>>
>>32971483
>picture tilts sideways for no godamn reason
Why does this happen, /k/?
>>
File: mg400-3as-b_s-158x210.jpg (13KB, 158x210px) Image search: [Google]
mg400-3as-b_s-158x210.jpg
13KB, 158x210px
Mestrel TP 400/3 AS Gas Mask, Modern and available filters suited for properly being safe should you actually need it.
>>
>>32971483
does that one provide good field of view? My main issue with a lot of the surplus ones is that I feel like i'm looking through two cardboard cutouts
>>
>>32971604
Yes, wider than your won FOV to the sides, almost unlimited up, and slight down like any mask which covers your mouth and nose does. However, if you can, ensure if you buy one that it has not been sitting exposed to air for a couple years, because the soft silicone lens (underneath the tinted part, which is an accessory) will become yellow and cloud slightly. You can still see, but there are blurry spots and the yellow tinge is unsightly. However, it's still perfectly functional even like that, and you likely won't won't find any below $70 that haven't been fuckered in this manner.

There is also a clear outsert that some of them will come with, example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSA-MCU-2-P-Mil-Spec-Gas-Mask-with-Clear-visor-Medium-/331961459988
>>
File: Untitled4412.png (3MB, 1442x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled4412.png
3MB, 1442x1442px
MSA millennium or fr-m40 if you want a new mask for under $100 that actually reliably works. MCU-2/P is fine but its a lot harder to find a new one. 3m industrial masks exist if you live in some shithole non american country where getting masks are hard but you cant drink with the mask on which sucks if you need to move around a lot with the mask on, especially in heat.
>>
>>32971857
A Millennium is an MSC-2/P, is it not?
>>
>>32972036
"Contrary to popular belief, the MSA Millennium is not a simplified, low-cost, "civilian" version of the MCU-Series masks, but is quite the opposite. Materials-wise, it is a massive improvement, and its upgraded accessories, compared to the older MCU accessories, present an all-around upgrade which make Millennium superior in many aspects. The visor material is made of an improved polyurethane piece bonded to the mask with an upgraded resin. This mostly prevented the MSA Millennium's lenses from turning yellow with age unlike the MCU-Series' lenses, which were one of its primary issues."
>>
>>32972036
The MSC-2/P series also has problems with deteriorating when exposed to blister agents.
>>
>>32971857
>MSA Millenium
>working
Isn't the coating on the face shield susceptible to blister agents or something?
>>
>>32972156
no, the millennium series is not the MCU series. This problem was fixed with the millennium
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.