[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

striker babby anonymous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: 1470990454553.png (343KB, 600x614px) Image search: [Google]
1470990454553.png
343KB, 600x614px
Are you a striker babby?

Please note: You can only post ITT if you have actually tried a traditional double action gun. Revolvers do not count.
>>
>>32968479
Until today, I had no idea this much butthurt and angst could fit into one post.
>>
>>32968479
What the fuck are you on about? Striker fired handguns have been out longer than double/single action. Fuck off with your fake superiority complex.

Sage and report because OP is a giant faggot.

Inb4
>hurr he hasn't shot a double action, guys
I owned a CZ75, P220, S&W 5906. They were all shit. Striker fire is the future.
>>
This is never catching on, because it's old as shit and you're regurgitating the old babby meme for laffo brownie points.
>>
>>32968479
>if you've TRIED a DA
Not even own one? Jesus, going for the low hanging fruit OP.

Did some 20 yo kid outshoot you and your 1980's M9 at the range, grandpa?
>>
File: 1485034510521.jpg (103KB, 590x350px)
1485034510521.jpg
103KB, 590x350px
>>32968984
>Striker fired handguns have been out longer than double/single action.

Strikerbabby can't even into firearm history. Let me guess, you also think your precious Glock was the first striker fired pistol to ever been invented.

How little you know.
>>
this is the same fudd position as muh revolver is better than auto pistols
>>
>>32968479
Strikers are fine
Hammers are fine

People who complain about either are children
>>
File: 77mnNv9.jpg (218KB, 1000x750px)
77mnNv9.jpg
218KB, 1000x750px
>>32968479

You've got to be kidding. I literally only shoot DA/SA but this is downright stupid. This is almost as cringey as being unironically democrat or republican
>>
File: S&W 469.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px)
S&W 469.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
80's cop gun reporting.
>>
>>32969223
This. I have Glocks, Berettas & HKs and they all work.
>>
>>32968479
This is rather obvious troll thread, but I'll try to respond like it isn't.

As person that tried transitioning from bobbed hammer Model 10 clone (poorfagotry) CCW into automatics, I actually tried DA/SA as well as striker DAOs.

DA/SA in pistols works only as a automatic safety, something that in current day can be achieved by trigger safety.

DAO or SA pistol with trigger safety beats DA/SA in 99%.
>>
>>32969223
What what what?
A sensible, rational, even keeled response on /k/?
Unacceptable.
>>
>>32969890
>something that in current day can be achieved by trigger safety.

This is a complete misunderstanding. Trigger safeties are drop safeties and that's it.

You cannot thumb the hammer on a draw or reholstering with a trigger safety. You cannot do a press out with a striker fired gun. You cannot stop a trigger press in the middle of a trigger pull with a striker fired gun. I will say it again, the trigger safeties on most striker fired pistols are nothing more than a drop safety.

Also DA/SA is inherently more safer than SAO.
>>
File: IMG_33071.jpg (964KB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_33071.jpg
964KB, 3264x2448px
>>32969123
A good thread died so you can be a contrarian dipshit. The Browning 1900 was designed nearly a decade before the Little Tom.
>>
>>32970563

>You cannot thumb the hammer on a draw or reholstering with a trigger safety.
Correct, but as long as you can visually check that there are no obstructions, then you'really fine. There will never be a time when you need to quickly holster your gun.
>You cannot do a press out with a striker fired gun.
Yes, you can
>You cannot stop a trigger press in the middle of a trigger pull with a striker fired gun.
Yes, you can. Most striker triggers have a bit of take-up and then a wall that needs a bit more pressure to fire.
>I will say it again, the trigger safeties on most striker fired pistols are nothing more than a drop safety.
It is to ensure the gun doesn't go off without intentionally pulling the trigger. Same as the heavy trigger pull of a DA/SA.

>Also DA/SA is inherently more safer than SAO.
Keep your finger off the trigger, and any well-constructed firearm isn't any safer than another. That doesn't extend to the Taurus 24/7 or type 94 Nambu.
>>
>>32968479
What is this shit? Why even argue over how the gun operates when training can make you equally effective with any gun?
>>
>>32969223
/thread
>>
I like striker fire for consistency

I don't mind DAO. HK LEM I think is fine, I don't really like DAK

I am ok with DA/SA with a thumb safety

I like SAO

I do not like DA/SA decocker for inconsistency of first shot

I can appreciate double Strike capability, but in general I think it can create bad habits. Clearing a round that hasn't fired is the more reliable method rather than pulling a trigger again. Of course there is the argument if somebody is on top of you etc

I appreciate the simple manual of Arms for striker fired guns

I don't know why DA/SA fags always have such an inferiority complex
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.