[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Next War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

Alright /k/, I've got a question for you all. In both world wars, new technology and tactics caught military leaders completely by surprise and changed the way wars were fought. New technology and tactics essentially made it so, under the right circumstances, a smaller force with the right strategy and equipment could take on a numerically superior force and win, for example artillery, machine guns, U-boats, airplanes, and chemical weapons in WWI and tanks, mobility and combined arms warfare in WWII.

How will the next conventional war between two major states be different? What role will cyber warfare play? Will there be such thing as conventional war again at all?
>>
Who the fuck knows what would actually work? The Germans used zeppelins to bomb London in the beginning of WWI and it accomplished nothing. They thought timetables of trains could be weaponized.

But simple shit like building trenches on the high ground ended up putting a lot of the war to their advantage.
>>
File: 1358059871905.jpg (1MB, 2573x1709px) Image search: [Google]
1358059871905.jpg
1MB, 2573x1709px
>>32968051
bump for interest

I've always believed that who rules the air, rules the ground.
>>
>>32968051
Didn't read past the title.
Don't know where that is.
I want to deploy there.
>>
>>32970515
you want to deploy to an empty island where the tallest piece of foliage is a 4ft bush? Da fuq?
>>
>>32970499
I wonder this is.....
>>
File: 1344569969208.jpg (2MB, 2808x1872px) Image search: [Google]
1344569969208.jpg
2MB, 2808x1872px
>>32970544
>>>32970499 (You)
>I wonder this is.....
>>
File: 1472796284096.jpg (277KB, 570x620px) Image search: [Google]
1472796284096.jpg
277KB, 570x620px
>>32968051

I think any war against China will quickly reveal how ruthlessly cunning those chinks can be. They will not adhere to the Geneva convention or bullshit 'rules of fairplay' and I think we'll see one or two spectacular attacks using subterfuge, sleeper agents, cbrn, or civilian disguise.
>>
>>32970586
chinesse niggas don't look for a fight, thet await for it.
>>
>>32968051
boston dynamics has a bipdal robot with roller blades on it's feet just like code geass mechs. this is the sort of thing that will determine the future: mechs that can moe as efficiently as any wheeled vehicle on streets, rails, off roads AND can walk like goats up raggidy hills.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4180960/Boston-Dynamics-new-nightmare-inducing-robot.html
>>
File: chinese child beaten to death.webm (3MB, 482x434px) Image search: [Google]
chinese child beaten to death.webm
3MB, 482x434px
>>32970586
the chinse cheat at everything. their IQ stats are fake. everybody who's talked to a chink going to uni in the US/EU knows how dumb they really are. chink math skills are a meme.
>>
There is not going to be a next conventional war. The Russian invasion of Crimea and the eastern Ukraine is what we are going to see in the near future. Yes, there will be some small clashes now and then between some bickering nations, but most wars between states will be done by proxies and unmarked troops.

The Chinese conquest of the South China Sea will not be opposed with arms, only some posturing and strong words. No nation in that region is willing to jeopardize their trade by aggression towards China.
>>
File: 1486318527669m.jpg (92KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486318527669m.jpg
92KB, 1024x576px
>>32970676

Don't get me wrong. I despise the chink fucks and lived among them for a few years. I know they are charlatans and the US would ultimately win a conflict...

HOWEVER, These are just the devious fucks that would launch nuclear shells from large-bore artillery hidden within a 'civilian' container ship into US coastal cities or similar type of attack using bioweapons. I've actually seen the ships and drills where they practice pulling artillery from shipping containers and firing from decks of cargo ships.

TL;DR Chinks would lose, but they have a few cutthroat and nasty surprises waiting because they just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>32970808
>I've actually seen the ships and drills where they practice pulling artillery from shipping containers and firing from decks of cargo ships.

should have made pics/vids and sent them to the pentagon. did you?
>>
File: 1480465132801m.jpg (194KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480465132801m.jpg
194KB, 768x1024px
>>32970858

Don't need to. Believe me, they already know this is a capability of theirs...just not sure what kind of contingency can be effectively put in place to prevent something like that given the scale of commercial traffic, which is staggering....let alone what are some of the 'unknown' dirty tricks these fuckers could try and pull.

Knowing shit like this is in their repertoire makes you wonder what else they've got in mind.
>>
>>32970919
the russians have missle defense in containers on ships too. but if the chinks were to bring an artillery piece on US soil that in itself would be a declaration of war....
>>
File: 1472098121833.jpg (89KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
1472098121833.jpg
89KB, 980x490px
>>32970957

Yeah. It isn't a firststike capability, but I suspect it is one of those things the chinks keep up their sleeves for when the shit hits the fan and they want to spook the bejeezus out of the US and if they go for a pyrrhic victory...or at least make any play on scs/Taipei extremely costly.

This is also why I have zero doubts we'll soon see 'micro' nuclear energy reactors on their scs 'islands'.

Overtly, it will be called a 'clean energy' or energy independence scientific breakthrough. Not so covertly, it will be an attack deterrent. That way, any successful aerial/tomahawk attack/bombardment will unleash 'environmental catastrophe' in the area...especially the food supply, and they'll blame the US for it.
>>
>>32970808
is this Chinks spreading rumors their butthole has teeth?
>>
File: 1472098202300.jpg (542KB, 1200x1699px) Image search: [Google]
1472098202300.jpg
542KB, 1200x1699px
>>32971078

LOL. No. Just that I think these guys are playing on a particular level of stupid and mean we aren't used to dealing with. Their gambits aren't any type of overmatch, even they know they can't go toe-to-toe with the US...so they are looking for side-hustles to make any US victory extremely discomforting.
>>
File: 1486311591252m.jpg (77KB, 838x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486311591252m.jpg
77KB, 838x1024px
>>32971139

I almost like to think of them as fans of playing the professional sporting foul or 'sacrifice out' against a superior team. They'll have their shittiest player try to break the leg of the US' star player. Sure, they lose a player, but now the US just lost it's too scorer...or some kind of similar niggerball analogy. ;)
>>
>>32968051
I thought Nazi Germany and its allies were the the outnumbered ones. They lost, remember? Steam rolled by wave after wave of Russians.
>>
China can't compete with the US today -- either conventionally or in nuclear -- and in fact, they just started getting modern.

Their navy is large, but mostly out-dated junk. They finally closed the technological gap to a large extent with their newer platforms and weapon systems, but these are still few in number even as they are actively building them up.

They just recently got significant 4th-generation air power, and their 5th gen still suffers from last-gen weapons and engines (although they are actively improving both).

In terms of strategic weapons (rocket artillery, ICBMs, ballistic ASMs, etc) they are keeping pace through technology BUT platforms like THAAD and SM-3 are maintaining an edge.

On the plus side for China, they are aggressive and agile in terms of improving their forces, making strategic moves and generally being serious about things. They also properly fund their forces so they maintain a pretty good readiness state -- at least the front-line stuff anyway. Or they APPEAR to anyway. Meanwhile something like 70-80 of our Hornets can still fly, ships are waiting years to get into dry dock, etc.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.