[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a double action striker fire be an actual thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Glock.gif (498KB, 465x261px) Image search: [Google]
Glock.gif
498KB, 465x261px
Could a double action striker fire be an actual thing?
>>
>>32958528
It is.
>>
>>32958528
A glock striker is kind of a double action...I mean it's partially cocked when the slide returns, and then you finish the whole shebang of cocking and firing with the trigger pull...pretty much a double action.
>>
>>32958528
Kahr basically uses a double action striker
>>32958575
Well one of the huge benefits of DA is being able to actuate the hammer (or striker) with the trigger after a light primer strike
Really can't do that with a glock
>>
>>32958528
you literally posted a double action striker so yeah
>>
>>32958528
Canik, Walther, and SW made them. Ironically knock offs of Walther.

Balls.
>>
>>32958575
>>32958609
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>32958618
Glocks cock the striker partially and then release it. Just like how the hammer on a lot of da/sa guns have a half cock position, loading a round in the chamber partially cocks the striker.
>>
>>32958660
But that doesn't make it actually double action at all.
>>
>>32958600
Sure you can, just slightly pull the slide back to reset the striker. No, it's not fast, but it works. If you need double strike ability, you don't buy a glock.
>>
>>32958675
Okay, it's not double action, maybe 1.5 action.
>>
>>32958689
And you round down, so it's really just single action and entirely anecdotal that it operates like that.
>>
>>32958689
Stop making shit up. It doesn't have second strike capabilities. It's not a double action.
>>
>>32958528

For what purpose? How do you get a round in the chamber without also 'cocking' the striker?
>>
>>
>>32958752
Have a decocker
>>
>>32958528
Ever heard of a P99?
>>
>>32958873
>add extra parts in the fcg just to add complexity and have a shittier trigger pull
Ok retard, have fun with that.
>>
>>32959368
>just to add complexity and have a shittier trigger pull
Found the retard.
>>
>>32958528
HK vp70
>>
File: UAFSE.jpg (52KB, 787x830px) Image search: [Google]
UAFSE.jpg
52KB, 787x830px
>>32958528
Why do people ask questions like this when the answer is a quick search away? Have people just become too lazy to use a search engine?
>>
>>32958786
>>32958879
>>32959651
How do those work?
>>
>>32958528
walther P99,
>>
>>32958528
You know, I never quite understood why the barrel tips upward during cycling. Is it so that the new round can feed into the chamber?
>>
>>32960735
based upon the .gif, i think its so that the barrel doesnt travel with the rest of the slide and allows for the round to eject and a new one to be inserted
>>
>>32958752
To allow another shot at a light primer strike. At least that's the only thing I could think of that would be coool
>>
>>32960735
It's the locking mechanism
>>
>>32960735
How else do you get it to unlock?
>>
>>32962400
having the barrel rotate like on a Beretta Cougar or Px4 or Savage 1907, or having the locking block internally like a Mauser C96, or the bolt on a knee joint like a Luger or Pedersen, or a rotating bolt like a Desert Eagle or Garand, or locking the slide on rollers like an HK P9S or CZ 52, or not having any lock at all like a direct blowback
>>
>>32962467
But glocks don't do any of those things, do they? Glocks tilt their barrels. Guns that tilt their barrels do it because that's their locking mechanism.
>>
>>32962467
Damn, you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>32959827
probably like a slingshot.
>>
So to be clear, a Walther P99, every time you pull the trigger, even with a dry empty gun, the striker is cocked and dropped? Neato.

Obviously if the slide cycles the striker should go into the normal half-cock right?

My issue with striker guns has always been that the striker cannot be fully cocked from zero with the trigger in case the round does not go off the first time. Yes I know you should rack the slide. But under stress the chances of the round going off on a second pull might be worth one extra pull before attempting a clearing drill.
>>
>>32962543
>Obviously if the slide cycles the striker should go into the normal half-cock right?
I don't know about the P99 but that is not the case with the VP70
>>
>>32962543

OK so the Walther P99 with the AS (Anti-Stress) trigger works like this, like a DA/SO hammer gun, but, striker mode. It also has a decocker.

There's also a DAO version and an SAO version, but the AS, dual mode, trigger is the primary selling point for most people.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.