[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the pinnacle of weaponry hasn't been reac-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

>the pinnacle of weaponry hasn't been reac-
>>
File: 1486650984695.png (4KB, 164x202px) Image search: [Google]
1486650984695.png
4KB, 164x202px
>>32954423
>>
I'm having a hard time figuring out how you would ever use that
So far I've come up with opening 12 bottles at once with the bottle openers on each side
>>
File: 1485932139555.jpg (57KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1485932139555.jpg
57KB, 500x380px
>>32954423
>>
>>32956099
Maybe you're supposed to chuck it at your enemy like one of those crazy African throwing knives with points facing every direction.
>>
>>32954423
You could kill, like, everyone with that thing
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (232KB, 514x383px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
232KB, 514x383px
>>32956446
>>
It seems like every mall in America has that really weird stoner shop where they sell a bunch of weed paraphernalia and samurai swords and shit. I always see a bunch of Insane Clown Posse type white people buying them. I never understood why. They surely have to know that they are cheap pieces of shit with absolutely no practical purpose. So they have to get them for ornamental reasons, right? But then that doesn't make sense because they also look retarded.

I have a few swords in my collection. I've got a WWII Japanese kaigunto, a pre-WWI Cossack shashka, a handmade matador's sword from Toledo, Spain, and then (what remains) of a sword from about the 10-12th century. I could never imagine hanging an ugly piece of shit like that picture on my wall and expect people to actually compliment it
>>
>>32954423
all i can imagine if someone actually tried using that thing, it would get snagged and hung up on literally anything and everything and you'd be stuck there with your arm caught on some random object while your opponent finishes you off in any casual manner they choose while you useless struggle to get your arm unsnagged
>>
>>32956446

fucking madcatz
>>
>>32956498
I've been wondering, where can you get nice old weapons like that? I'm a huge history buff and would love to have some really old swords just to be able to look at and have.
>>
>>32956714
this
>>
>>32956714
I've got some, interested?
>>
>>32956714
>>32956729
Online, mostly. I regularly check online dealers in guntos and shashkas and stuff. They usually sell out fast because they have their "favorite" customers that they'll give a heads up on before anyone else.

Other than that, try local auctions. I'm very fortunate to have in my town an old auction house that specializes in antique firearms and weapons. That's where I got my old medieval sword from.

It can also help to travel the world a lot. A lot of countries have laws regulating the export of antiques and other "historic cultural items" so it's hard, but others don't. The matador sword ("estoque") I got from a blacksmith in Toledo that makes swords for all of the professional torreros over there.

Be prepared to shell out big bucks for this kind of stuff though, at least if you want them in decent condition. I paid about $3000 for my kaigunto and $2500 for the shashka. But I'm a huge history buff too so the price isn't that steep. In my study I have little curio cabinets set up for different cultures that I take an interest in. My Japanese one has my kaigunto, an old naval ensign, and some other nautical antiques. The Spanish one has lots of old Spanish coins, the sword, and a uniform from the Spanish-American War.

>tfw if I ever have kids they'll probably hock all of this shit for the best dollar they can get
I'm thinking about just donating all of this stuff to someone who would appreciate it before I die
>>
>>32956864
>>32956729
>>32956714
And as a side note, be sure only to buy from reputable dealers online. Fakes aren't all that common for things that don't have a huge demand (like shashkas, for example), but they do exist. I try to get at least two historians or antique experts to verify every historical piece I have, at least for the ones worth more than about $1000. I learned my lesson early on when I paid $1500 for an old Spanish marion helmet only to learn it was a fake made in the early 1900s as a souvenir item.
>>
>>32956864
>>32956871
Thanks for the information buddy
>>
>>32956498
Spencer's gift?
>>
>>32956871

>t. rick harrison
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.