[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme? suppressed revolver thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: suppresed revolver.jpg (50KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
suppresed revolver.jpg
50KB, 660x440px
Is this a meme? suppressed revolver thread.
>>
>>32953002
You're a meme.
>>
>>32953002
It's a wheel nugget. It could work.
>>
>>32953002
Why would someone silence revolver? You couldn't do any stealth mission with it like you could with glock or colt, because 6 shots are not enough
>>
I'd say it's a meme, while they can be suppressed they weren't designed with that in mind. Pushing the cylinder forward to make a gas seal increases velocity, though it still only packs about as much punch as .32 ACP.
>>
>>32953034
you dont leave behind brass

its a fantastic assassin's weapon

cant really suppress just any old revolver though
>>
File: P1201187-768x576.jpg (84KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
P1201187-768x576.jpg
84KB, 768x576px
>>32953002
Its not a meme if a suppressed bullpup shotgun revolver
>>
>>32953052
True about brass
But you can get brass catcher(Atleast I've seen it in few movies)
Why don't subsonic pistols exist tho, they would be even quitier than now
>>
>>32953092
>Why don't subsonic pistols exist tho, they would be even quitier than now

I don't even.
>>
>>32953092
bait
>>
>>32953092
are you fucking daft?
>>
File: 1436767418679.jpg (118KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1436767418679.jpg
118KB, 1024x575px
>>
>>32953034
revolvers can be reloaded, plus the nagant is a seven-shooter.
>>
>>32953034
No brass ejected.
No metallic sound of the action cycling.
No failure to eject due to low recoil sub sonic ammunition.
No stove piped cases from low recoil.

Nagants mechanically advance the cylinger forward against the barrel making a seal saving propellant gasses.
>>
>>32953034
>You couldn't do any stealth mission with it like you could with glock or colt, because 6 shots are not enough

This is good.
>>
>>32953034
If capacity is an issue, get a revolver that holds more. 8 shot .357s exist, 10 and 12 shot .22s exist, and there's an obscure antique revolver that holds something crazy like 20 rounds. I want to see a suppressed one of those, even if it's bulky af.
>>
File: what-is-a-wadcutter-bullet.jpg (962KB, 2061x1373px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-a-wadcutter-bullet.jpg
962KB, 2061x1373px
38 special wadcutters would be very nice with a suppressor.
>>
File: fp_ppd_38spl_hst_micro_r_130gr.png (323KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
fp_ppd_38spl_hst_micro_r_130gr.png
323KB, 600x367px
38 spl HST
>>
So why haven't there been silenced revolver designs that just rely on a manually operated breach seal independent of the trigger action, instead of the Nagant's fairly poor trigger-actuated breach seal?

Better yet, why not just use a captive, break-action sealed internal chamber? With an ejection rod and wide enough hinge on the breach you can just dump the casings straight down into the palm of your hand.
>>
>>32954261
>No brass ejected.
Brass catcher
>No metallic sound of the action cycling.
You can slide it slowly
>No failure to eject due to low recoil sub sonic ammunition.
Didn't see it ever happened
>No stove piped cases from low recoil.
Revolver brass need to be ejected somewhere, and you can't eject one at time, and when ejecting all of them, it makes noise
While changing mag isn't that noisy
>Nagants mechanically advance the cylinger forward against the barrel making a seal saving propellant gasses.
Yes, but it's not accurate, atleast that's what people say
>>
>>32954248
Yes, but ejecting brass is loudy af
While changing mag isn't
>>
>>32953002
>ITT: retards who don't know anout cylinder gap
The nugget is the only one what will suppress properly.
>>
>>32954957
t. retard who didn't read said thread.
>>
>>32955014
I did. My statement is still true. I didn't specify how many retards. If you don't consider yourself one, why so triggered?
>>
>>32953034
>6 rounds
>not enough

Shit bruv it's enough when you're just trying to pop one person real quick and leave no shells at the crime scene
>>
Hey op i've gotta give props to you for succeeding so well with your threads recently.
>>
>>32954925

You really do not seem to have much experience about pistols equipped with suppressors, Nagant m/1895 - or firearms in general. Few pointers:
1. Brass catchers are bulky in many cases source of reliability issues (nothing like extracted case bouncing back in between action).
2. Sliding pistol slide slowly tends to increase change of misfeed - hence not smart either.
3. Failures to eject due to combination of subsonic ammo and pistol not designed/equipped (replacing of recoil spring with less powerful one sometimes required) are a real thing, although not a major issue to my experience.
4. Nagant m/1895 brass can only be ejected one at the time and via opened loading port. It is not S&W or Taurus.
5. More than accurate enough - this sort of thing would be a tool for quiet short-range work. The thing is that normal revolvers cannot really be suppressed due to cylinder gap. But due its unique gas seal design (when cocked cylinder will slide forward and front of cartridge case will push inside muzzle making gas-seal) Nagant m/1895 most definitely can.

It completely another issue that the suppressors often block line of sight and make using normal sights difficult or impossible and ergonomics & trigger of Nagant m/1895 plain suck. But with proper ammo (heavier lead bullet and subsonic load), some work done to improve grip and small rail with read-dot added on the top this could be a good tool for an assassin. One could also chop the barrel shorter while at it - since it would make the complete weapon bit handier.
>>
>>32954933
>>
File: 1472835761076.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472835761076.gif
2MB, 500x281px
picture unrelated to post content
>>
>>32954933
>I have never even briefly touched a firearm
>>
>>32955959
I suddenly want a webley wobley magic suppressed 6 shot cylinder pistol.
>>
>>32953002
There are some advantages of suppressed revolver over suppressed auto.

This isn't only one, but is the only one you can realistically get.

>>32953034
Nielsen device vs. just normal can.

>>32953051
Best thing about it is just barely noticable, you can get better results just by reducing gap.
>>
>>32954617
>Better yet, why not just use a captive, break-action sealed internal chamber?
Expanding on this, why wouldn't this design work?
>break action completely seals cylinder gap if tight enough
>no need to swing out cylinder means it can be resting against barrel port at all times and back out to cycle AFTER firing
>meaning no dogshit trigger with heavy action like the Nagant
>could even use a gas system to depress and cycle the cylinder instead of a timing action, further simplifying the trigger and relieving gas pressure
>>
>>32953002
I wish someone would make a break top gas seal revolver chambered for .38 special.
I also wish they'd make gas seal .38 special ammunition.
Shooting something like that out in the woods at some tin cans just seems comfy as fuck.

Hell, I really don't care too much about the whole break top thing, I just want a modern gas seal revolver with some ammo compatibility.
I mean, seriously.
Imagine it guys.
>>
>>32953052
If you had a magnet above your slide and only shot steel case could you catch most of them?
>>
>>32957954

That would have to be a ridiculously powerful magnet.
>>
File: ots-38.jpg (2MB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ots-38.jpg
2MB, 2250x1500px
that shit is trash. way too long for doing hits.
>>
>>32959143
Russians have some legit interesting engineering ideas. Shame that they're going through horrible brain drain. I'm not sure it's recoverable at this point.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.