[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting in shape for special forces?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Royal brittania.jpg (163KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
Royal brittania.jpg
163KB, 768x960px
If I were to try out for special forces what level of fitness would give me a decent base for success during selection? I know a lot of it is mental fortitude but what standard of physical capability would I need such as upper body strength, stamina, ect? What is the best way to prepare?
>>
>>32946508
You are never fit enough. Start with that.
>>
Lots of running, hill circuits and such.

Then lots of long-distance, with weight and speed over distance in mind.
>>
>>32946508
Depends what unit, what country, and whether its active or reserve.
Should be able to do at least 50-60 pushups in 2 mins, same with sit ups, and be able to run 1.5 miles in under 9:30 realistically just to make the minimum standards for any type of elite unit, and thats reserve.
Youd probably find its a lot more about mental and physical endurance, i.e being able to tab 20 miles in 5 hours up hills with 50-70lbs of gear on you, and then do more the next day, and more the next day.

If you have to ask here, you havent done your research mate.
>>
>>32946508
heavily dependent on what sf you're going into.

cardio and road march endurance are more important than bench pressing.

maxing out pfts should be a side effect of your fitness level, not a goal.

whether or not you're gunning for a wet unit, learn to swim well enough that you can tread water with weight, and be comfortable on the bottom of a 12' pool.
>>
>>32946508
Do a simple lifting program that won't fuck up your recovery too much - Texas Method is good.
If you can do pullups or look like you can do them (I.E you're not a fatass), see 50pullups.com for a good training program. If you're fat, lose weight and do lat pulldowns while you're fat.
If you can run, that's good. If you can't train for it, couch to 5K is good for starters, and from there you just run longer and longer.
If you're fat, don't run until you're lighter, or you could fuck up your joints. If you are fat and want to train condition or lose some extra calories (a slimmer waist and a better lifestyle begins with a better diet), the elliptical and bicycles are your friends. Swimming is GOAT whether you're fat or not.
>>
>>32946508
Also, if you are in the UK, unless youre going SF(R) remember its at least 3 years prior service, and SF isnt James Bond stuff; for every minute you spend kicking in doors like a badass, youve spent a day sitting in a ditch soaking wet eating powdered milk.
>>
You know, it's 2017 and whatever country you are from the government of your country probably has already made documentaries/guides/whatever about selection process to SF unit. They won't tell you everything but you can get estimates. You didn't even bother to look that up or even ask in a general thread about enlisting on this board. I doubt you are able to prepare for it.
>>
>>32946753
This.

If you cant even be arsed to google search, and instead hope to get the low-down from randoms on a Tibetan paperfolding forum, then youve already demonstrated a critical lack of preparatory skills.

Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
>>
You're posting on /k/ asking how to get in shape. You think these fuckers know anything about being in any kind of special operations unit?

Come on man, the answer is no. There are a couple of Rangers on here, idk maybe some SF guys, but no one from that back ground is going to spoon feed you shit when you can find it yourself if you take the initiative.

Go do elevated pushups or something, then fucking use google. Or save yourself the time, and just keep living your shitty life, because you aren't going to make it anyways. I saw plenty of fucks like you, thinking you're going to be a HSLD operator because you have an 18x contract.

Jesus I'm fucking ranting. I hate waiting to jump, sorry for the hate.

You aren't going to make it though
>>
>>32946808
Can tell you're ex forces from your salty attitude towards fitness questions :v
>>
You will never be prepared psycologically enough and this is most important

Lots of 5 and 10 mile ruck marches
200 pushups in one set
Flutterkicks
Lots of running
Burpees

No matter how fit it will never be enough its all in your head,

Also try to put on 10 lbs of fat beforehand if your skinny, I went in infantry training skinny and left skeleton mode
>>
>>32949046
To add a bit,

Before I went in training calisthenics wise I was defiantly in the top 5 in my high school I could pop out 200 pushups in a set 5.30ish mile but on our first pt AFTER red phase I ran like a 10 min mile and 50-60 pushups due to never having enough food and mental and physical fatigue

Also going in the summer for infantry you better learn to be used to being in extreme heat, carrying heavy loads,

But yeah its tough but its all mental strength
>>
They call it in my country 'farmer fit'. Don't train narrow. F.e. doing only 10k run's or only fitness or what ever. Train as broad as possible. Run, swim, box, hike with a rucksack (build this shit up so you don't fuck your joint up), little bit of fitness and just have an active lifestyle.
If you like running, switch it up with a speedmarch 2 min. Run 1 min. Speedwalk. So fast, with long strikes that it almost feels like you tear your butt up. Start with 3 k. F.e. and also build this gently up. Start with sportshoes, than boots, than with a rugsack.
Goodluck
>>
>>32949010
If you had asked about getting fit for the army in general, nobody would have given you any shit. Asking about SF fitness is awholenother kettle of fish, because even if there were SF blokes on here, they wouldnt say shit, and there are so many articles and books and resources online about how to get 'Seal fit' that it simply demonstrates a lack of either proper preparation or intuition about where to find useful information about SF fitness requirements.
>>
>>32946508
What unit are you going for anyway? If youre a bong and currently serving id assume SBS, SAS, 264, SRR etc?
>>
>>32949275
I'm not OP, just a guy passing by that recognises that attitude
Not that I have any problem with it mind
>>
>>32946508
Unless you're American (kek) you need prior military experience in order to be selected for selection to SF.

If you're American then great you can go straight in from civi street and enjoy being shot on your first excursion due to how shit you are.
>>
>>32946508
Things you'll have to do: run a lot with boots, do push-ups, do sit-ups, do pull-ups, march with a heavy load, don't have enough to eat, sleep deprivation

Things you won't do: crunches, bench-presses, max. out squats and deadlifts, biceps curls, cable flies, bulk, have enough recovery time
>>
File: 1445472277744.jpg (21KB, 353x251px) Image search: [Google]
1445472277744.jpg
21KB, 353x251px
>>32946508
> volunteering to go to war for israel

good little goy! I'll make sure jamal looks after your wife and her son for you
>>
>>32949658
>If you're American then great you can go straight in from civi street and enjoy being shot on your first excursion due to how shit you are.

considering how much ARMA 2 and 3 I play, not a fucking chance.

No, I can't run fast but thats why they make trucks you dumb cuck
>>
File: 1485214717330.png (182KB, 410x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485214717330.png
182KB, 410x640px
>>32950332
In real life, you cant press a button to move. Pic related is why the second part of your answer is invalid.
>>
>>32950308
Your grandfather (maybe your great-grandfather, you seem a bit edgy) was a humble man. He went to school and worked a part time job. He didn't know about geopolitics. He didn't care about the Sudetenland, but he believed that it was wrong to kill innocents.

So when his nation was attacked and dragged into the century's madness, he quit his job, he left his girl to be fucked by jody, and he left his mother crying and got on a bus to the other side of a continent, where he was beaten and drilled and dieted until he was ready to kill. He'd never shot a man before but inside of 3 months he was on a beach doing just that. He watched his friends old and new die in common, utterly understandable, and completely brutal ways. He lived through the sort of Hell that only man can make. He may have seen the extermination camps, but most of those were on the eastern front - left for the Stalinists to take over.

Your flesh and blood went through hell. He spent the rest of his life having nightmares of ruined cities and German bayonets. He could never bring himself to confess he where he learned the phrase, "food prostitution," nor how often he paid so little. After all, most casualties were caused by starvation. He carried the shame and the regret and the nightmares with him his whole life.

But he never regretted it. He accepted the butcher's bill because he knew Nazism -blind hate, genocide, fascism- he knew these things would cover the world and destroy all good. He could smile whenever he saw his children growing up safe and free, with minds and morals unclouded by hate, with bellies fat with prosperity.

And here you are. And here you are, with a mind so atrophied you can't form a coherent thought, but you bitterly ape a dead man's hate to make yourself feel better about how your aspirations go another year, uncompleted and your dreams grow dimmer. Grandpa paid a dear price for the life you wasted.
>>
>>32946508
>Go to local reserve SF centre
>ask for fitness program
>do it for a year
>apply
>>
File: 1471304309879.jpg (56KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471304309879.jpg
56KB, 478x720px
>>32950469
Emotional appeal is the first sign of deception
>>
>>32949046
>200 pushups in one set

nah
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.