[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so how about a semi-automatic sliding breechblock rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Okay so how about a semi-automatic sliding breechblock rifle?
>>
>>32945916
you mean a semi auto falling-block?

Krag–Petersson
>>
>>32947390
Yes semi auto sliding-block.

How is Krag-Petersson rifle related to this subject?
>>
>>32945916
It would have trouble ejecting
>>
>>32947605
Its the closes to a semi auto
>the Krag–Petersson (uniquely, a repeater), which use a pivoting rather than a sliding block.
>>
File: Krag_Petersson_1.jpg (96KB, 1000x439px)
Krag_Petersson_1.jpg
96KB, 1000x439px
>>
File: Krag_Petersson_2.jpg (83KB, 996x438px)
Krag_Petersson_2.jpg
83KB, 996x438px
>>
Madsen LMG
>>
So you want a semi auto where the bolt moves at a 90 degree angle from the recoil impulse? Did you even think about that before you hit "Post"?
>>
>>32945916
gas-operated long stroke piston. Put the recoil spring on the piston.
So here's how it would have to work, the gas operates the piston which pushes down on the top of the breech block. It's the only way it would work and still be viable. I guess the closest thing to a bolt carrier would be a sort of two pronged fork thing attacked to the piston, and as the piston comes back, it cams the bolt carrier down. Might have to do it at an angle, I don't see a straight 90 degree falling block working in any sort of self-loading fashion like that. Also the bolt carrier would have to be open in the middle to allow a new cartridge in.
However. I'm going to quote Jurassic Park:
"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should."
>>
>>32949667
... Ever heard of a gas piston?
>>
>>32952584
How the fuck does your gas piston move perpendicular to the barrel? You want a rack and pinion gear system in your gun? Cause that's retarded.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.