[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bear guns.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

What type of gun did your school principal keep in their office for defending against wild animals? Mine had a Henry 30-30 to keep the black bears off of the football field. We were in a small town so the closest thing we had to animal control was a park ranger and that one dad with a F-250 that went hunting all year.
>>
>>32945807
Thanks for the nightmares OP
>>
File: rimshot.gif (2MB, 320x240px)
rimshot.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>32945807

And we all know how hard it is to keep anything black off of a sports field.
>>
File: grizz.jpg (160KB, 580x892px)
grizz.jpg
160KB, 580x892px
>>32945960
>>
>What type of gun did your school principal keep in their office for defending against wild animals?
Mine was a bleeding heart faggot with a master's in education pursuing a doctorate in environmental science.
So presumably he would have given the bear some berries to distract it, lubed his ass or cock up with honey, and attempted to seduce it.
>>
>>32945807
semi-related story
>some years ago
>live in desertland shithole
>coyotes around at pretty much all times
>be at school
>coyote gets on campus
>everyones like whatever, just don't fuck with it, it's on the field anyway
>some dumbass lets it in the main building
>school locks the fuck down for like 2 hours
>suddenly lockdown released, but all students are kept from going into the cafeteria
>ask a buddy later what happened
>apparently the shop teacher (who I knew) ran out into the main building with a fucking piston out of a semi truck he just happened to have
>beat the coyote to death
fast forward a few weeks
>one day ask shop teacher about it
>he shows me the piston
>bigass chip taken out of it from hitting the concrete floor
>coyote skull fragments buried in the metal
>used it as his paperweight for the rest of my time at that school
shop teacher was pretty fucking cool, man.
>>
>>32946114
that makes me miss my old shop teacher. let's talk about shop teachers.

>highschool in seattle, 2001-05
>as liberalized education takes hold, trades classes and anything that could possibly cause a student harm are phased out
>our shop teacher is ~70, oldschool navy ret CPO, hands like catcher's mitts type. he was selectively deaf, meaning he'd ignore students and other teachers most of the time, and liked to play up his old man decrepitude. some days we'd show up and if we all got to work on our projects he wouldn't say a damn thing.

>be in a oxy acetylene unit
>only 2 welding stations in the back, enclosed on 3 sides and with hood/curtains
>be waiting for my turn, figuring out how to make brass knuckles look like something else so i can cast some
>just then hear, "TEEESHER, TEEEASHER I AM ON FIRE!"
>look up to see ukrainian gangster kid stumble out of welding area, welding coat on fire all the way up the left arm
>shop teacher teleports from asleep at desk to dousing kid in co2, never seen anyone move that fast
>much laughter
>>
>>32946249
>>32946114
Are all shop teachers based as fuck?

>shop teacher is 40 something german immigrant
>always makes really offhand jokes that could have gotten him in trouble
>let me and my buddy run errands from him so we could leave school and go grab breakfast at McDonalds
>helped me with a shit ton of /o/ related shit (I owned an old VW bug, he had a old kubelwagen and a manx clone)
>graded everything so fucking lightly
>allowed us to choose our final exam project, mine was to refinish a longboard, got an A+

10/10 would pay him a visit if I was closer
>>
>>32946249
fuck yeah shop class
>shop teacher was like 260 and 6'4", and like 40, broke all the shit in his body and swore to our faces
>shit was great
>be learning lifts on that day (not eurofag, car lifts)
>have chainhoist on a track like a gantry crane
>shop teacher running the lift and shows us how to not die in the process
>known dumbshit climbs on chainhoist on the other side of shop
>tarzans his ass into the crowd of us
>kicks me in the head in the process
>shop teacher reaches out and grabs the chain mid-tarzan
>kid launches off into the side of teachers suburban
>we all know some shit is gonna go down, quietly follow into the classroom and close the door that separates class from shop
>hear like 5 minutes of loud screaming
>they both walk back in, obviously exhausted
>never mention it again
>kid was known as tarzan

another

>be bolting some shit to the floor with an impact
>giant concrete shop, so against my worse judgement, use ear pro
>by the book safetyshit pussy kid constantly bitches me out for not having gloves or eyes or some other shit
>at all times
>no matter what
>anyway
>still anchoring the shit
>in my own head
>hear, muffled, what sounds like "thats not what the book says"
>instinctively say "can you shut your goddamn cock holster for once in your life"
>don't turn around
>hear massive laughter
>like if a bear could laugh
>ohno
>turn around
>shop teacher losing his fucking shit behind me
>bent over laughing
>looks me in the eye and manages a "don't pull that shit again"
>walks away still losing his shit
god I miss that guy.
>>
File: 5620963.1149989369.jpg (237KB, 800x405px) Image search: [Google]
5620963.1149989369.jpg
237KB, 800x405px
>>32945807
>Bear guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQiwzu1XvQ&t=4m28s
>7.62x39 no ood against bear
>44mag is
>cite x39 has too little energy
>need +P+ soecial snowflake loading 44mag to even come close to regular spam can milsurp 7.62 energy levels

A reliable, easy to shoot rifle with lots of ammo and able to shoot a quickly moving animal multiple time? AK. Always AK.
>>
>>32946411
Go to bed Clyde.
>>
>>32946249
>shop teacher couldn't teach math in the city
>so he came out to the countryside to teach shop
>spend our days learning about the math and physics involved in welding and building
>would've been pretty cool if I had paid attention
>he gets into a wee bit of a sexual relationship with the school's loose cannon
>while she was 13
>this goes on for three years until she moves away to go to trade school
>>
>>32946439
fuck off fudd. and thx for pointing me towards clyde k, I made this thread 2 days ago and that guy if rad as fuck.

>libruls will accuse me of being white trailer trash
>fine, lets make my vids in a burned down trailer park with loads of trash
>>
File: 800px-Plumbata_shotgun_slugs1.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Plumbata_shotgun_slugs1.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>32945807
Wouldn't a shotgun with a slug barrel be best for bears?
>>
>>32946457
Go away Clyde you're fucking pathetic
>>
>>32947323
>Slug barrel

Is that not just a regular barrel with no choke? I shoot slugs out of my 870 all the time i didnt change shit?
>>
>>32947623
the dedicated barrels are rifled
>>
>>32946411
It's not just about energy. Softpoint .44mag will leave big fat holes in a bear. Spamcans are FMJ so they'll leave little .3" holes.
>>
>>32947323
The very fanciest saboted slugs are literally just .45-70 FTX bullets or their equivalent. Get a .45-70.
>>
>>32947623
Its fine out of those but like the other poster said you can get a dedicated rifled slug barrel that makes them have surprisingly good long range accuracy (like 120+ yards).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.