[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making your own Stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

Sup /k/? Iv recently gotten into sewing and making my own clothes .Then I had the idea to create my own webbing and other gear.

Does anyone have experience, pattern, advice or anything they could contribute?
Unfortunately I only have a few pictures.
>>
File: dscf0875.jpg (294KB, 584x390px) Image search: [Google]
dscf0875.jpg
294KB, 584x390px
>>
File: dscf0877.jpg (286KB, 584x390px) Image search: [Google]
dscf0877.jpg
286KB, 584x390px
>>
Bumping for interest

Op if no one replies go ask in gear queer thread
>>
sewing machine is your friend
get yourself a good one
the old behemoths work great but they do weigh quite a bit (table, motor, machine itself)

once you make some stuff you'll realize just how much you've been getting rooked over the years. the raw materials are cheap as fuck and if you can use a machine you'll be able to custom make things to your exact liking. pouches, bags, etc, have huge markups
>>
>>32943826
Get an order industrial/commercial machine
Domestic ones are overpriced shit and you don't need any fancy stitches
>>
>>32943826
>ikea operator arrives to operate
>pulls out weird screw thingy
>opens up can pringles can
>m60 fully assmbled in 13 seconds
I want some ikea camo.

also
>>32944112
this^
All you need it good measurements and you're ready to make your own stuff. To be fair though, unless you can sew and hem well then your first adventures are going to be less than stellar.
>>
>>32944112
Yah, I currently have a cheap machine I got second hand from a couple years back. But Im on the prowl for a better machine.

Yah I can make a shirt or pants for almost 75% less then off the shelf.
>>32944128
Yah Iv been on the prowl for patters but so far Iv only found patterns for BDUs. If anyone can find patterns for plate carriers or webbing that would be smashing!

But I als had this idea in my head to make things like Chicoms or older style webbing in cammo patterns. I mean what /k/ommando wouldn't want a Chicom chest rig in Flecktarn?
As for components I could easily order snaps, d-rings, claps, button snaps and the like from china for super cheap!
>>
>>32943826

You were that kid in school with the duct tape wallet, weren't you?
>>
File: yah.png (58KB, 900x787px) Image search: [Google]
yah.png
58KB, 900x787px
>>32944545
>yah

(yah)
>>
>>32944545
fuck yeah, sounds like a plan.
Why not pull a zuckerberg and simply draw your own plan while referring to some top notch plate carrier.

Then use those plans to make replicas like the chinks do but double or triple sew every line to ensure beautiful quality
>>
File: tactical plastic bag.jpg (31KB, 360x484px) Image search: [Google]
tactical plastic bag.jpg
31KB, 360x484px
When they don't issue you a drop pouch
>>
>>32944843
haha selver goddamnit
>>
File: proofster.png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
proofster.png
84KB, 600x587px
>>32944843
Idk if that is Russian camo but the bag looks a lot like the proofster meme.
>>
>>32944827
I had thought of that, but I think the big thing will be that Ill need practice and with that Ill start with something simple. Like the aforementioned chicom, but Ill do the 4 cell with the doubled cells. Because why have 4 mags when you can have 8?
>>
>>32943826
A pattern for a box isn't hard. A chest rig is just a bunch of boxes on an apron.

Just note that cotton webbing is VERY hard to sew through. Get some strong embroidery needles, anything smaller is just gonna bend or break. I don't think a normal everyday Singer is gonna pierce that stuff either, sew it by hand at first and learn to hide your seams because they WILL be ugly.
>>
A friend of mine started to make his own stuff like that.

Now he's making stuff for the french SOF.

If you apply yourself to it, get nice raw materials, you can do way better stuff than what is on the market for just the price of your own work and the materials.
>>
>>32943837
that's a lot of work to accommodate a Hi Point, but you get an A for effort and ingenuity.
>>
>>32944954
Not my work. Just something I found.
>>
>>32944903
what would be a good sewing machine to get?
>>
>>32945036
OP here, Iv heard the rule of thumb is the bigger motor and the older the better. If you can get your hand on a small industrial one if the price is right.

Unfortunately I only have a small one at the moment but check out flea markets and second hand stores.
>>
What you're looking for is an industrial sewing machine.
>>
>>32943826
You guys wanna know how to buid your own radio's? It will be analog, fm, and cost way more than a comparable radio.

But it will be fun and educational.

All I know is you can make your own magpulls from ducttape pretty easily.

I still really wanna see the fable'd "seatbelt plate carrier".
>>
>>32944900
Estonian camo, bag is from estonian supermarket called Selver
>>
>>32945216
>buid your own radio's?
I have a buddy that can do that, guy is a mad scientist who plays with radios and nuclear reactors.
>make your own magpulls from ducttape
I think double sided back to back electrical tape would work best, as would electrical tape for a mag coupler.
>the fable'd "seatbelt plate carrier"
That sounds neat!
>>
File: i like what i see.gif (203KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
i like what i see.gif
203KB, 500x500px
>>32945216
>you guys wanna know how to buid your own radio

YES.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.