[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinions on the OICW and it's ilke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: space gun.jpg (11KB, 240x201px) Image search: [Google]
space gun.jpg
11KB, 240x201px
What is your opinions on the OICW and it's ilke?
>>
>>32942755
I didn't really like Battlestar Galactica
>>
>>32942755
it was a retarded concept but it led to a bretty good grenade launcher so I'm ok with it
>>
>>32942755

>C-wire gloves

They really were trying to create the least practical infantryman with that project. I know for a fact that CVC and flyers' gloves existed back then and they put the poor bastard in c-wire gloves.
>>
too heavy and bulky to actually work
>>
They need to quit wasting tax dollars and just make the pulse rifle from aliens a reality.

It'll be a good weapon and it'll sell so well it'll be insane.
>>
File: XM25 CDTE.jpg (100KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
XM25 CDTE.jpg
100KB, 800x531px
>Remove G-36 from bottom
>Modernize weapon sight with electronics more advanced than original gameboy

There, I fixed it.
>>
>>32942755
HEBBY
>>
>>32944058
How is that one faring, btw ?
I heard there was a limited deployment in Afghanistan but no news since then.
>>
Increased combat effectiveness by 300% in Afghanistan. Airburst weapons are the future and they will make combat a whole lot more unfair by negating cover.
>>
>>32944080
I have a massive boner for the XM25 but I can't help but wonder how much the airburst rounds cost
>>
The OICW was perhaps the single most retarded infantry weapon concept ever, but the XM25 follow on project is pretty neat. AFAIK, it's still super natal. There were some field experiments, but the South Korean version KBed in the field, so the US took the XM25 off of the field work again. Super neat concept though, a grenade launcher that can fuck a target perfectly at any range inside of it's effective envelope.
>>
>>32944078

From what I've read, it seems to be on the slow track to adoption sometime this year.
>>
>>32944078
No one liked it because it was heavier than an M203 and a load of grenades, and basically does the same thing.

It also removes a rifle from any given firefight since whoever's carrying it won't have enough back strength to have that AND a proper rifle because it weighs a gorillion pounds and they still have other shit to haul around.
>>
>>32944263
?
it has way longer range than M203's..
Can fire more

>It also removes a rifle from any given firefight
??
You just shoot the person directly with the M25
Firing a million rounds into dirt/walls/air doesn't do shit
>>
>>32942755
I've handled the K11 a bit, but never fired it. The scope is cool and all but the thing is too damn bulky and heavy. Granted, its lighter than a SAW, but felt heavier than a rifle + 40mm grenade launcher. I'm not sure if the 20mm airburst grenade has enough power to be effective.
>>
>>32944104
How much does a tamagochi cost? Or a cheap digital wrist watch?
>>
>>32944263
That's why SMG sidearms will make a comeback. The MP7 is ideal.
>>
Methinks those Russian case-less bouncing grenades is probably better than lugging around a bulky launcher and its special ammo.
>>
>>32944104
given that we spend like 250k rounds per taliban kill i'd say it probably evens out to say the least
>>
it was the shit in Ghost Recon
>>
>>32946024
One of the early H&K mockups featured an MP7 attached to the airburst launcher.

I think as far as PDWs go, we can do a lot better than 4.6x30mm
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.