[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil Filter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Hey guys. I recently purchased a .22 suppressor, but sins it has been over 6 months, and when I contacted my buddy who ran the shop that sold it to me, he said mine was still going to need a few months till I get it. I started looking into alternatives, and saw the oil filter suppressors. I'm wondering if you guys had any experience and if you know the legality of them. Specifically in Texas
>>
File: 1486533168864.jpg (92KB, 794x550px) Image search: [Google]
1486533168864.jpg
92KB, 794x550px
>>32942239
Do you own any dogs?
>>
>>32942287
Why can't you shoulder it?? That is something I never understood!?
>>
>>32942368
shouldering it constitutes re-manufacturing the weapon as a rifle. a short barrelled rifle specifically which is illegal unless you pay the tax stamp
>>
>>32942239
they dont work for shit, you still have to pay the tax stamp and register the adapter like any other suppressor so why bother
>>
>>32942239

? Same paperwork as any other suppressor,why would it be otherwise?
>>
they work terribly and are illegal to shoot through
what else do you need to know?

inb4 some idiot says they are quiet without ever having heard a real silencer
>>
File: 1467170724502.jpg (127KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467170724502.jpg
127KB, 1080x720px
>>32943133
>shouldering it constitutes re-manufacturing the weapon as a rifle. a short barrelled rifle specifically which is illegal unless you pay the tax stamp

http://www.guns.com/2014/04/04/can-shoulder-ar-pistol-atf-say-yes/
>>
>>32943542
>they work terribly and are illegal to shoot through

stamp makes it legal
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>32943550
>And Americans say their gun laws are ok.

I guess you missed the non stop bitching about our gun laws on here every day for years on end
>>
>>32943558
Nice troll attempt but they reversed that decision as I'm sure you know. Now the ATF will shoot your dog and burn you and your kids alive in your home waco style if you shoulder an AR pistol
>>
>>32943579
>Why does the ATF care about "short barreled rifles" when they don't seem to care about normal pistols or normal rifles?
>Literally what is the point?
>Why are US gun laws so convoluted and stupid?

they wanted to ban pistols in 1934 but that part fell through at the last minute, banning SBRs was supposed to stop people from making concealable rifles to replace their pistols

but they were unsuccessful in banning pistols, so the SBR thing is just retarded now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act
>>
>>32943579
It all makes a lot more sense when you realize the National Firearms Act was also supposed to make handguns illegal but legislators walked back on that.

As to what's covered and why, well, mostly it was moral outrage over mob violence and everything on the list was a meme amongst criminals in the 30s.

So you get this weird checklist that every gun has to go through to determine what kind of gun it is, based on several classifying features, some combinations of which are legal, some of which are illegal.

Obviously such a system has its share of loopholes, such as
>ARs or AKs produced with shorter barrels are pistols as long as they don't have a stock
>braces aren't stocks as they're not intended to be shouldered

>A shotgun produced without a stock is legally not a shotgun and thus can have a barrel shorter than the legal minimum but the overall length of the gun must still be above the legal minimum.

It's abritrary as fuck and completely ineffective in numerous ways. But it's not going anywhere and anything that would replace it would probably be much worse. Getting rid of arbirtary-ass barrel length requirements is a personal dream of mine though.
>>
File: tmp_20462-giphy-1943623451.gif (815KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20462-giphy-1943623451.gif
815KB, 245x245px
>>32942239
>>
>>32943133
How does the tax stamp thing work? Is it just an extra, one time cost?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.