[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hudson H9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_8490.jpg (103KB, 930x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8490.jpg
103KB, 930x620px
So /k/, what do we think of the h9? Abomination or the high power 2.0? On paper it looks good and everyone at shot show was sucking this things dick. Any flaws or obvious things to watch out for? It could be a pretty cool gun in my opinion
>>
>>32941934

>we

Stop giving a shit what /k/ thinks, anon. /k/ is equally divided between people who know what they're talking about, people who don't, people who do but shitpost based on their opinions, and people who don't but shitpost based on their opinions. Like what you like and don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. Unless you're just asking out of curiosity, which is fine. Sick of people asking if things are /k/ approved like they have to please internet stranger faggots.

>It could be a pretty cool gun in my opinion

It could be, but in my opinion, despite looking cool as fuck, I think it'll end up being a gimmick like the KRISS Vector, where the theory behind it is sound but the cost will deter it from ever being popular. Also people bitch about how mounting a light on it would be way low despite that like 10% of people mount lights on their guns. Truth is most folks can't or won't spend $1100 on a pistol, especially a brand new unproven one.
>>
>>32941934
At the very least it's sci-fi as shit.
If it's good enough to still be being sold in five years I'll grab one.
>>
>>32941934
I appreciate anything that's not an AR or Glock variant.
>>
>>32941934
Dunno, I'd need more experience to really judge it.
>>
>>32942023
I think the killer for this pistol is going to be the combo of unproven and expensive.
People are leery about buying an unproven 500 dollar pistol, let alone if it costs 1100.
>inb4 poorfag
I'm more than willing to buy a 1000 dollar handgun but it better be reliable, durable, and accurate.
The H9 has yet to prove any of that apart from appearing to be accurate judging from SHOT show demos.
>>
>>32941934
I think it'll find a niche among collectors and if the trigger is as good as they claim.
>>
>>32941934
I really want one.
>>
>>32941934
Weight.

Price

are the obvious ones.
>>
Save your opinions for when it's actually released with a tangible price point and observable performance rather than pure hype.
>>
If, by some miracle, the HPA passes it'll do well. In reality, the HPA won't pass and very few people will buy this. In 50 years, grandpa Ian will do a video on one when it's sitting in a box ready to sell at auction (if Hillary doesn't win and ban all guns out of spite, a ban upheld by some liberal court who want to prove her right). At least Ian will get to pull it apart and see if the action really was a novel invention or it it just ripped off something else.
>>
>>32941934
If they sold it in 10mm Auto I'd be instantly on board, I'd sell my left nut for one if I didn't have the money.
>>
The jury is still out. I like the idea so far
>double stack 9mm
>1911 ergos, but smoother shape / easier to carry
>supposedly good trigger, low bore axis
but I really need to wait for actual reviews of to learn stuff like
>is it reliable?
>how good IS the trigger? How much travel?
>is it actually comfortable to carry?

The only noticeable downside is the weight. It's 34oz unloaded, compared to a Glock 19 which is 21oz unloaded. That's quit the difference, I was hoping it'd be lighter with that aluminum frame. Supposedly they're coming out with a polymer version later.
>>
>>32944932
It has a steel frame
>>
>>32944940
well that's kinda dumb for a carry gun.
>>
File: 1910_5.jpg (82KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1910_5.jpg
82KB, 600x451px
also
>does not have a grip or backstrap safety
fuck, I want a modern Colt 1910 prototype
>>
>>32944946
Its not meant to be a carry gun.
>>
>>32944946
Perhaps, but it doesn't stop people carrying 1911's or Hi Power's.
Also at 34 ounces it weighs the same as a p226, which some have known to carry.
It is on the far heavy end of a carry gun, I'll say that.
>>
>>32944932
It's not a carry gun you queer.

All you faggots talking about weight are just retarded.
>>
>>32944984

Seriously. It's like someone saying "yeah the glock 34 seems nice and all, but it's heavier and longer than the glock 19!"

NO SHIT AUTIST.
>>
>>32941934
I think the while idea is predicated on the idea that hard-core 1911 guys want a striker gun in 9mm, which I suspect might be false, and that the only good trigger is a sliding one, which almost every target rifle, pistol, and shotgun does not have.

I think it will be the handgun equivalent of the .45 GAP, but time will tell.

>>32944566
Wrong gun, guy.
>>
>>32945025
What they're going to find out is that it isn't the sliding trigger that makes a 1911 trigger pull good, it's the geometry of the sear and hammer hooks allowing the pull to be short and crisp.

Oh and if die hard 1911 guys couldn't let go of the barrel link system and go linkless or abandon the problematic internal extractor they sure as shit won't buy a 9mm.
>>
Probably wont sell too much or "change the game" or anything, but if it's a good gun then it will have it's share of die hard fans. As a Hi Power owner I definitely have my eye on it. Looks cool so far. Hopefully it's a decent gun that doesn't flop.
>>
File: IMG_2597.jpg (218KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2597.jpg
218KB, 1024x686px
>>32941934
My face when the military announces this is their new go-to along side the FBI.
>>
These threads are hilarious. None of you have even held it, much less shot it. Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: tmp_29105-bdBbQeI922657156.png (274KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29105-bdBbQeI922657156.png
274KB, 610x457px
>>32946252
Seriously this!!! When this gun comes up everyone comes out of the fucking woodwork to shit on it and predict how much of a failure it is going to be. At worst it will probably turn out to be a mediocre handgun with a slight novelty. At best it could turn out to be a fantastic shooting gun. It seems like most of the people attending shot show that shot it had only positive things to say about it. The only two things that it has going against it is cost and for some people weight. The cost will probably come down with time due to an economies of scale once production has been running. Even then it seems like a double standard because people are some how ok with $1200 1911s or HK or Sigs. Not every fucking handgun has to be $500. If that is what you want to this gun just simply isn't for you. But don't shit on it because it is outside of your price range. The overall value isn't really that bad. The argument that it is too heavy is a bullshit argument. It only weighs 34 oz. That is less most comparable handguns with an aluminum frame; which is even more impressive when you consider the H9 has a steel frame. I really with this attitude that a carry gun has to be feather light would fucking die. Plenty of people carry all metal handguns without any issues. I don't know why some people act like anything heavier than a fucking glock is a problem. Is it too uncomfortable for them to carry? Are they physically too weak to carry it? I just don't understand this obsession with a gun being fucking light as possible.

I for one am looking forward it and plan on buying one as soon as they come out. I completely understand though how someone might be hesitant to buy one right away at that price. I'm totally willing to risk it being shit though. That is just a risk you take when you try to be innovative.
>>
>>32941934
i like the idea

real question is how it will be implemented

I also hope they start selling it at a more reasonable price once they make back their R&D money
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>32941934
It's pisses off both glock and 1911 fags. It's perfect.
>>
>>32946630
This.
>>
>>32942042
Pretty much this. It's the first legitimately new looking pistol design of the 21st century, instead of "lol just add some weird angles and curves to the outside" like the Steyr M9/L9.

>>32944628
I think the weight and fancy recoil mitigation system would be significantly more useful in 10mm too, but realistically starting in 9mm gives them the biggest market.
>>
>>32941934
This gun has a tough road to hoe. It only really fits into the semi high-end range toy and maybe game gun market. It's too big, expensive, and heavy to really be sold as a carry gun, and i don't think people who buy 'duty' guns to operate operationally will buy it since it isn't used by anyone in that capacity.

The only place i see this gun working is as a second or third range toy for someone who already owns a full size 9 and wants another or as a competition pistol, and we don't even know if the gun will be any good at that. I think this gun is most like a P226, fs92, cz75 or SP01. A big heavy steel and aluminum soft shooting 9 than is mostly a range toy. The only problem is it is significantly more expensive than the ones mentioned and they all have a track record and a company of some size behind them that isn't going to vanish tomorrow.
>>
Weight and size is the biggest limiter on it right now. It's inbetween a Glock 19 and Sig P320 height wise but has a longer barrel. If they release a 4" barrel version, keep the same 15 round capacity, and add a polymer frame option as >>32944932 suggested then it could really do well
>>
>>32945008
H9 and Glock 19 are the same size, cartridge, and capacity. It's a completely valid comparison. Your Glock 34 example makes no sense.
>>
File: Pvt..jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pvt..jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Trust me, it's a fine pistol.
>>
>>32942023
>I think it'll end up being a gimmick like the KRISS Vector
The difference between this and the vector is that no mechanical complexity has been added to the H9.

>>32944946
Weight is only a downside for a carry gun if you're a fatbody who can't adjust your belt correctly.

Lose some bellyfat and do some squats, until your belt sits on your hip rather than grips your hip.
>>
File: 1465506066618.jpg (232KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465506066618.jpg
232KB, 1200x1200px
>>32941934
>designed by a female

No thanks.
>>
I think it's awesome, but I do wonder how low weaponlights are going to sit on the rail. I also hope they come out with a "full-size" version if this one does well; doing so would only emphasize the main goals of the design.
>>
It will never be as cool as the Maxim. Sorry, that's life.
>>
>>32944932
frame and slide are forged steel you drooling retard
>>
reminder dogs are superior
>>
>>32941934
What does the H9 look like with a laser & flashlight module attached?
>>
>Muh low recoil

It's a 34oz gun that shoots 9mm no shit it's gunna have no recoil. Go shoot a 9mm 1911. Low recoil in a steel frame 9mm is easy without putting the recoil spring in front of the trigger guard

Besides looking cool from some angles I don't see the point.
>>
>>32955461

recoil and muzzle flip are two entirely different things

They never advertise the gun as "low-recoil"

The whole point of the design was to lower the bore as humanly possible, hence the relocated trigger spring and everything. The barrel is so low rounds feed pretty much straight into the chamber with barely any ramp
>>
>>32954886
it was already mentioned, cunt
>>
>>32941934
I want one.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.