[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help me understand my retarded State gun laws?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

File: Screenshot_2017-01-25-02-00-41.png (768KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-25-02-00-41.png
768KB, 1080x1920px
MAsshole here.
ARs, AKs, and all rifles that have "the internal functionings of military rifles" are banned,
but I can buy a fucking IWI Tavor for $2,000 at my local gunshop.
What the fuck IS an AW then? I heard in New Jersey a guy got his M1 Carbine taken as one, but Tavors aren't?!
If you live outside this State can you bring "Assault Weapons" in? Because people aren't being forced to give up their ARs and AKs, the sales on them are just restricted, which doesn't make any sense.
And there's a 60 day period after becoming an MA resident to apply for your LTC if you have an AR, so non-residents can bring them in??

Oh, by the way, you need an LTC to even buy and own guns here.
And Glock, Hi Point, Kel Tec and Uberti are banned by brand name alone too.

Does anybody know more about this? Can I not buy a fucking carbine from WWII off gunbroker? Despite being able to dish out $2,000 and $1,500 for Tavors and PS90s?

inb4
>just move lol it isn't hard to move
>>
just move lol it isn't hard to move
>>
>>32931974
The easiest way to understand your communist laws is to leave and never worry about it again
Just don't come here. We're full.
>>
>>32932000
Trips confirm it
just move faggot it isnt hard
>>
File: 1480827316105.jpg (407KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1480827316105.jpg
407KB, 746x982px
>>32932009
That'd just be one less Patriot holding down where the country was founded, though.
>>
>>32931974
>"the internal functionings of military rifles"

Ummmmm.... so... most of the rifles ever put into service?
>>
>>32931974
The problem with 'ban by name' laws is that once something new comes onto the market and it's name isn't on the list, and it meets the specs for a non-assault weapon, it's GTG.
>>
File: the blade.jpg (528KB, 1317x1800px) Image search: [Google]
the blade.jpg
528KB, 1317x1800px
"A republic, if you can keep it."

The goal is to abolish all arms. You are looking for logic and consistency in legislation, when what you will find is a partially completed goal of the left.
>>
File: IMG_3214.jpg (12KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3214.jpg
12KB, 250x194px
>>32932009
>to leave and never worry about it again
My friend if you leave an infection untreated it will spread.
>>
>>32931974
We here in NJ also have a list of guns banned by name, which I call the "Scary Gun List." And yes, the M1 Carbine is banned. I was gonna buy a .22lr variant, but that too is banned.

Working my ass off to afford to move to PA.
>>
>>32932020
Except Israeli ones I guess
I don't know what's going on
>>
>>32932019
It's too late anon..
>>
File: 1461716528201.jpg (27KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461716528201.jpg
27KB, 600x300px
>>32932034
>>
>>32932030
Jews must be involved somehow.
>>
File: jewshavenoshame.png (241KB, 568x564px) Image search: [Google]
jewshavenoshame.png
241KB, 568x564px
>>32932053
>>
>>32932030
Occam's razor would lead me to conclude that the State of Massachusetts does not consider the State of Israel to be a legitimate country, ergo their military is not legitimate, therefore none of the weapons fielded by the IDF are military weapons.
>>
>>32932072
Wouldn't Occam's razor dictate that the Mass government is retarded?
>>
I just wrote a huge fucking rant that I accidentally deleted. I'm not going to type it up again but I suggest you do some more research on the topic yourself. GOAL is a good resource.

But really even after that you'll still have a hard time understanding it because the whole thing is bullshit that even Healy doesn't fucking understand. It was brought about by a 'reinterpretation' of our state AWB that drastically changes it without any due process. It makes people criminals retroactively, but don't worry Healy said she won't go after you. Not to mention this all came about just before the DNC where Healy had a speech, seems legit to me.

But anyways I'm tired, I haven't really kept up on this thing since about November so my info could be outdated and my memory isn't great anyways. Like I said, do your own research, but really you should just leave this shitty state if you can.
>>
>>32932132
>our State
You got Steam? I could do with meeting someone from /k/

And also thanks for the effort, and I understand.
I mainly just wanna buy a Howa M1 Carbine, but have no idea if I can or not, FFFF
>>
>>32932128
Eh... I suppose that could be true as well but I tend to expect the worst out of humanity and the idea that the fuckwads in charge of Massachusetts don't consider Israel to be a legit country fits nicely in that worldview.
>>
>>32932157
You got a burner email? I'd rather talk through that and/or the teamspeak for now.

If you'd like to read the actual text it's about halfway down this page. It starts right after the big bold ENFORCEMENT NOTICE.
http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html
>>
>>32931974
>What the fuck IS an AW then? I heard in New Jersey a guy got his M1 Carbine taken as one, but Tavors aren't?!

Whatever the fuck politicians think they'll be able to tell their voting base is a public safety risk. Never mind that, statistically, hand guns represent the majority of gun crime, and that the best indicators for it are not actually gun ownership- legally owned guns are rarely used in the commission of any crime- but instead poverty and gang membership.

If you look at the Federal Assault Weapons ban, most of what you see listed are either vague features- a hand gun that is heavy enough becomes an assault weapon for no reason besides it's weight- or ergonomic ones- flash hiders, suppressors, etc.
>>
>>32932184
Nah, I don't. Which teamspeak?

And thanks.
>>
File: windows.png (105KB, 255x239px) Image search: [Google]
windows.png
105KB, 255x239px
>>32931974
Tsk tsk tsk...

The eternal Israeli strikes again.
OP, donate to the NRA and call and email your state representatives about the stupid bullshit.
>>
>>32932199
ak.ts.nfoservers com

Make a MA thread tomorrow if this thread dies. Otherwise just post in here and I'll hop on when I see it.
>>
Fuck all you pussies that always tell people to move...
> Don't thread on me
> /k version, Don't thread on me or I'll move.

Stand your ground. Fight the gay ass laws.
>>
>>32931974
>the internal functionings of military rifles

Wouldn't that ban almost every half decent bolt action? I'm struggling to think of many decent bolt action's that both aren't derived / a variant of a military rifle (Mauser, Enfield, etc.) and do not have a variant used by a military at some point. I mean, common stuff like Win m70's and 94's and remington 700's don't pass that bar, also RIP sporterized rifles.

I really hope I just don't understand this law. Otherwise, you have my deepest sympathies Massachusetts. t.Leaf
>>
>>32931974
>inb4
>>just move lol it isn't hard to move

Dude, New Hampshire is *right* over the border and has some of the best gun laws in the whole country. Vermont's are great, too. You can keep your job in MA, you just have to drive like an extra 15 minutes in the morning.
>>
Sorry massholes
Stay and vote
Take friends and family shooting with you and get them to vote
>>
>>32931974
>all rifles that have "the internal functionings of military rifles"
I'm trying to think of an action that wasn't adopted by any, not even semi-auto. Maybe some lever action rifles(some were adopted though) and something straight out of Forgotten Weapons(because it was so shit that nobody wanted it)
>>
>>32932294

Lemme get in on this MA /k/ nonsense, feels like I'm the only one here
>>
>>32932809
You feel comfortable with the Steam account stuff?
More convenient for me.
>>
>>32932826
Yeah lemme dig it up, it's been awhile since I've used it
>>
>>32932826

Here it is: steamcommunity.com/id/57365673
>>
>>32933082
Sent, I'm Bourbon. Napping now though
>>
>>32933105

Alright g'night
>>
>>32932034
If our forefathers thought like you we'd all be speaking in a stupid accent, sipping tea, checking our white privilege and worshiping some old hag that seemingly never dies
>>
>>32932000
This is how we lose in the long run. We need to help them fight.
>>
>>32933357
Some states like CO give huge backlash to gun control measures because you can see where it leads.

The worse off these people live, the better it is for everyone around them.
>>
>>32932157
you can get the M1 bud, just call your local FFL before you have it shipped
>>
>>32933357
if the state is blue, you've already lost
a good fight is one you win
>>
>>32933410
surely you jest, the only fight you lose is the one you don't participate in
>>
>>32931974
>just move
If we just move then eventually nobody will be left to fight the good fight and nobody will be safe
>tfw gunshine state
>>
File: 1486137824294.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486137824294.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
I moved to DE for college and became a resident here.
MA is my home state, but no matter how much I wrote reps, tried to reach out to my local government or rally people I realized that MA wants to disarm itself, the people east of Worcester want to depend on the state, the people out west are the MOST cancerous fudds out in the Berkshires.

Maura Healey is no exaggeration, a Tyrant and Charlie Baker is a Cuck that Ive spoke to personally about the issue and he ultimately explained that there wasn't a route to improvement any time soon.

At this point it's more worth your time to fight for national reform
Make the AWB enforcement illegal, make fifty state carry federal law, repeal the NFA

Fuck MA, Lexington was working on forced confiscation of semi autos last year. It's occupied territory
>>
>>32931974
>glock, hi-point, kel tec, and uberti are banned by brand name
Thats not true at all
>>
>>32933544
Glock isn't banned, but handguns are approved on a model by model basis

For example the SIG p226 in FDE is illegal but the exact same 226 is legal in black with no mechanical differences

Like the M&P shield isnt legal in MA but the 9c is

The state makes it as hard as possible for manufacturers to sell any new product
>>
>>32931974
read about the philosophical concept about how it's impossible to perfectly categorize exactly what something is without being overly encompassing or under encompassing.
they want to make the laws seem rigid and objective in the states, but in Canada they don't even try to be objective. they straight up have a department personally decide whether a gun is assaulty enough
>>
>>32931974
>Internal Functionings of military rifles

God damn, and I thought Maryland is retarded, where an AR-15 is an assault weapon, but an AR-15HBAR and an AR-10 isnt, and a WASR is, but a 5.45 AK is not an assault weapon.
>>
>>32933554
>Like the M&P shield isnt legal in MA but the 9c is

wrong, the shield is the best selling gun in the state for the last couple years
>>
>>32933554
>For example the SIG p226 in FDE is illegal but the exact same 226 is legal in black with no mechanical differences
This sounds like an alternative fact
>>
>>32931974
your AG and state as a whole are garbage. She also is Constitutionally illiterate (goes with the territory of being a leftist). Move somewhere better.
>>
Old MA compliant guns (no bayo lug, no threaded barrel) are ok as long as they are "pre ban" which means they were purchased before June of last year, which is where that Tavor comes into play

M1 carbine would be fine as long as it doesn't come with a more than 10rd mag

Or just get your Damn C&R
>>
File: 1486135792627.jpg (136KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486135792627.jpg
136KB, 800x600px
>>32933598
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p226-mk25-desert-full-size.html
FDE
Wait
None of them are MA compliant anymore
I was gonna post the other mk25 that was MA compliant to show how ridiculous things are
But none of them are compliant now

PLEASE INVADE US NEW HAMPSHIRE
>>
>>32933680
don't even give ma compliance any thought. buy what you want and enjoy. if you can't find it look harder.
>>
>>32933701
I can find what I want at LGSs, but I'm trying to find some way to support the current lawsuit, if the AWB can be overturned we can win, but I think the people of this state have no spirit to resist. And that a largescale vote would swing left. The AWB is what gave Healey the power to interpret the law however she wanted with no vote, no support, no backing.
>>
>>32931974
Oi vey goyim, real unfortunate you can only own rifles from the land of the 6 gazillion
>>
>>32931974
MA is currently a shitshow because the attorney general is literally making up regulations on a daily basis in an attempt to close gun stores for doing illegal business. I'm not joking.

As for what is an assault weapon, there is no concrete definition. An AW is defined by a list of features, but that list of features is completely discretionary on the part of the government. So an AW in NJ might not be an AW in Mass.

In addition to this, many states by guns by brand or by exact name for the lols.

So TLDR; gun laws are fucking stupid. And you really should move. NH can't be that far from wherever you have to go in the state.
>>
>>32933419
Stop being fucking dumb. The only fight you lose is one you fucking lose. Living in Massachusetts, California, or New York is like attacking Russia in the winter.
>>
>>32933711
I think ideally we flood Comm2A and NSSF with donations and hope lawsuits work and if they don't it gets run up the ladder where it makes it's way to the Supreme Court which thanks to our dear leader Trump will be filled with 'our guys'. Legislation will not work in this state, it's too corrupt.
>>
>>32933680
I believe you Anon. Cali does this shit. It's because they're considered different models, so they need to be approved separately.

Just hope the supreme court finally stops this bullshit. STACK IT TRUMP, STACK IT!!!!!!!
>>
>>32933718
by illegal you mean "non compliant after being in compliance with selling state compliant rifles that are no longer compliant overnight without warning"

Healey is a tyrant and a grandstander, she was jockeying for a spot on the Hillary team and now she'll just double down
>>
>>32933730
Don't worry bro, it's falling apart in 2018. After the first every single handgun will be illegal and no more can be rostered because MICROSTAMPING DOES NOT EXIST YOU IDIOTS.
That or the fucking courts will continue to be endlessly corrupt and say "No no it's fine you can just buy guns already in the state. :)"
So again it comes back to M O V E.
>>
>>32933745
At the end of the day CA and MA are so endlessly anti 2A and pro authoritarian big government "you're too dumb and might hurt yourself and everyone else" mindset to legislation, that unless you begin to run for office and dedicate a career to turning the tides, it might be 50 years of successful fundraising, politics and service to get 20% back of what we've lost.
And then consider that the NRA, GOAL and other republicans have been pushing for years for this and the task becomes impossible.
Move to another state, buy firearms, teach the people at home about how great they are to own and how dumb the laws are
Telling people that they can't have something makes them want it all the more.
The more democrats think they can kiss ass for votes, the more amenable they will be to different views
>>
>implying you can save a state with Warren as a senator

Being a conservative in Massachusetts is living in a place where everyone hates you, and probably wishes they could kill you.
>>
>>32933772
Forget legislation, legal is the only avenue towards liberty. Now is the time, the deck is stacked in our favor for the near term.
>>
>>32932000
Divide and conquer? You are in favor of that?
No, shit laws need to be rolled back.
>>
The spirit of Massachusetts is the spirit of communism.
>>
>>32933787
>Being a conservative in Massachusetts is living in a place where everyone hates you, and probably wishes they could kill you.
That's why they want to ban guns. They're projecting their instability on others.
>>
It's easy to say "hurr durr stay and fight" but unless you have to live here and suffer under these laws your opinion means jack shit to me.
>>
File: 1429158062836.png (162KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1429158062836.png
162KB, 480x352px
>>32932826
>>32933082
hit me up too senpai
http://steamcommunity.com/id/spookyscarygwailo
>>
>>32933772
I'm surprised nobody at the NRA or any other gun lobby has moved to challenge CA and MA now, especially since Sessions and SCOTUS are pro-2A now.
>>
>>32931974
>>just move lol it isn't hard to move

I moved out of Jersey many years ago. Yes, it is easy to move if you WANT to move. Otherwise give up because you really don't care and don't need anything beyond a fucking flintlock musket.

New Jersey sucks and the suckage increases every year. That's why I moved to a comfy red state with low taxes, no POV inspections and decent gun laws.
>>
>>32932072
thats actually not an unpopular sentiment around here. Ive seen pro Palestinian posters on the fucking T
>>
>>32932000
>just move lol it isn't hard to move
t. guy who lives in his Mom's basement on a steady diet of Dollar Store tendies
>>
>>32933680
Regards from NH friendo. Just come here. No taxes no gun restrictions. Live free or don't.
>>
: >>32936087
>>32933082
>>32932157
You guys around right now? It's the other guy from last night Hop on teamspeak.

ak.ts.nfoservers
com

Don't forget the .
>>
>>32936201
Sessions just became AG, and SCOTUS is still missing a seat

A SCOTUS gun ruling would just split 4-4
>>
The executive just reinterprets law as it sees fit and the legislature just gives itself a 45% pay raise. And the judiciary admits it doesn't follow SC jurisprudence unless it's a snowflake sjw issue. This place is truly cancer.
>>
>>32931974
>What is supply and demand

Politicians need to understand markets.
>>
>>32931974
move to Texas
>>
File: 1478049935847.jpg (4MB, 4032x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1478049935847.jpg
4MB, 4032x5008px
>>32933521
this tbqh. Massachusetts isn't the "occupied freedom lovers and patriots" it was in 1776, it's become the redcoats and loyalists.
>>
>>32940088
>Someone saved my OC
>>
>>32931974
>Mozart-brand frag grenades, Spic and Nigger's Problem-solva series, Lel-Kek, and Ubuntu are all banned by name
U N C O N S T I T U T I O N A L
>>
>>32940088
This chart is inaccurate. The Ruger LCP .380 isn't MA compliant.
>>
have a bum OP
>>
>>32931974
>I heard in New Jersey a guy got his M1 Carbine taken as one, but Tavors aren't?
This is true, NJ has a named list and the M1 Carbine is on it

Reason is because when they were making the list, they jammed an M2 action and mag into a M1A1 chassis. Then its a scary easily concealable full auto rifle suitable for killing all the children
>>
>>32933554
>Like the M&P shield isnt legal in MA but the 9c is

This one of those "alternative facts"? Because I own a shield and I live in MA, where I bought the gun from a gun store.
>>
>>32931974
The most fucked up part is that there was not one hearing. One vote. One representative consulted.

This fucking thundercunt AG just unilaterally one day decided that dozens of ADDITIONAL weapons were now banned. Like that. In one second THOUSANDS of citizens were made felons over night with no due process and no way of turning OVER those weapons to police without becoming felons.

Yet the left is in a spineless circlejerk about how Trump's refugee EO was rolled out poorly.
>>
>>32940691
it was also backed by our faggot ass traitor govenor
>>
>>32931974
I live in Mass and my buddy just bought a Hi-point 9mm carbine at the gun show in Foxboro last weekend. They definitely aren't banned.
>>
>>32932023
What's the name and author of that painting?
>>
>>32932009
where's "here"? just curious
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.