[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orange Tip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Tip.jpg (34KB, 560x308px) Image search: [Google]
Tip.jpg
34KB, 560x308px
"muh orange tip"

How do you guys feel about this? I know that "toy" guns such as cap guns and nerf guns are required to have these but BB and airshit guns are not. Do you feel this is right? I know that some real firearms can look like toys with rainbow fucking paintjobs or if someone wanted to maliciously paint their real gun tips orange they could.

Anyways what do you guys think of this? Obviously you shouldn't point any type of gun at another person especially if they look realistic, it's more of a common sense thing imo, and i know that pointing replica firearms at people in some states is against the law in some or most areas.
>>
>>32931805

I should be allowed to put an orange muzzle brake on my AR if I want.
>>
>>32931805
>I know that "toy" guns such as cap guns and nerf guns are required to have these but BB and airshit guns are not.

In CA airshit has to be covered in tape or colored paint.

Nobody actually does it, but it's the law.
>>
ask /toy/
>>
>>32931868
B-but airshit can kill somebody though
>>
>>32931874
Stop this meme airshit does not belong on /toy/. send them to /asp/ or /out/
>>
>>32931811
Is it legal to put an orange brake on a gun? I kind of want to now
>>
>>32931967
reminder that airshit is completely illegal in australia without a license and a thorough beaurocratic buttfucking
>>
On this topic, if a cop is in a not so great neighbourhood and sees a lot of kids with bb guns and orange caps he might get used to it right?
So Tyrone paints the tip of his stolen 1911 orange and the cop doesn't notice it's real until too late. Is that a possibility? Maybe not that exact scenario but similar.

>>32932515
Illegal completely with or without license.
air rifles =/= airshit.
>>
>>32932488
I dont see why it wouldn't be legal on its own

if you ever actually had to use it and ended up facing the court they would probably try to use it against you in some way.

also would be stupid to open carry
>>
>>32932542
There were two shootings that involved bb/airsoft guns and those were in the city limits. No one in their right mind would use them in a urban area let alone draw it at a cop
>>
>>32931805
Marking toys with orange tips from the store is fine. Helps prevent accidents and can be removed with minimal effort.
>>
>>32934246
>No one in their right mind would use them in a urban area let alone draw it at a cop
Except niggers
>>
>>32931967
>airshit
>killing anyone
Sure, maybe if they made 1200 fps rifles and you hit someone directly in the eye socket and somehow it managed to go into the brain.
Even then I bet the chances would be slim.
>>
>>32936670
420fps metal BB gun is sufficient though
>>
>>32931805
>get a bright blaze orange thread protector for open carry pistol
HMMM I wonder
>>
>>32936781
metal =/= plastic
>>
>>32936812
Nothing in the reply chain had the word "plastic" in it anon
>>
>>32932542
>forgetting how many black people/children are killed for having a toy gun in hand
Check out the dude in WalMart, or that kid assassinated at the park .1 second after cops pull up.
U dum
>>
Pic related is my EDC
>>
Air soft guns should be banned entirely. They teach bad habits and get kids literally killed when they point them at people with actual guns. If you want to play soldier, do laser tag or paint ball or whatever
>>
>>32937886
>just for laughs
>>
Removing the orange tip is stupid because it could get you killed. You're probably going to use an orange tipped toy in situations that you wouldn't use a real gun, and that tip helps keep your ass from getting shot.

On the other hand, giving a real firearm a toy paintjob or orangle tip/muzzle brake to try to be cutesy is downright fucking retarded. You've expanded the danger beyond yourself; you're now drwaing public (and police) attention to the fact that an orange tip doesn't really mean shit, because some jackasses paint real guns for no fucking reason, and so some kid is more likely to get shot playing airsoft in the park. Seriously, if you were someone I knew who did this shit, I'd take your gun and smack you upside the head. Give it back to you after I painted it black again, and dare you to fuck with me about it. Sorry your daddy didn't teach you no better.
>>
>>32937936
Airsoft guns don't teach kids anything. Just like guns don't kill people. Parents teach kids bad habits or neglect to teach them good ones. Your comment is literally just as stupid as liberal logic. You must be British or something trying to trade rights for safety.

>inb4 found the airshitter
Paintball is objectively better, but people should be able to play autismo dressup as they see fit.
>>
>>32937985

Muscle memory is real. Giving children replicas of actual firearms to point at eachother is incredibly irresponsible when they can easily buy the real thing a few years down the line, which they should be able to do. Obviously parents are responsible for teaching their children about firearms, but this doesn't mean we should actively work against this training through the proliferation of non-lethal firearm facsimiles.
>>
>>32938014
"Muscle memory" also works for bad habits, and if you think airsoft is going to give you good habits for real marksmanship, you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>32937936
>found the ausfag
>>
>>32938037

>"Muscle memory" also works for bad habits

That's what I said. I'm arguing against airshit, not for it

>>32938047

Texas, I've been shooting since I was 10
>>
>>32931805
If you own a big red plastic container but insist on putting the universal biological hazard sign on it for "looks" you're asking for trouble. The same principle applies here.
>>
>>32938014
>if et saves wun lyfe
>>
>>32938095

We recently had a major high profile case where a kid actually DID get killed because he had a fake 1911.
>>
File: 03+Lehm+tells+Jonah+about+Wiley.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
03+Lehm+tells+Jonah+about+Wiley.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Airsoft guns do not require orange tips, at least not here in Kentucky.

Nor should they, I can walk down the street with an AR on my shoulder and be well within my legal rights, why shouldn't i be able to with an airsoft gun either?

Because people might confuse it with a real gun? Who cares? Because as previously stated it'd be entirely legal if it was a real gun

>Well anon what if you go around pointing your airsoft gun that is indistinguishable from a real gun at people and get shot!

WELL I GUESS I FUCKED UP BY ACTING LIKE A RETARD HUH
>>
>>32938119

These laws are meant for products which are sold to and used by children.
>>
File: airsoftdamage.jpg (70KB, 750x596px) Image search: [Google]
airsoftdamage.jpg
70KB, 750x596px
>>32936825

I was going to say airsoft guns don't shoot metal BBs, but there are metal BBs

I don't think anyone uses them though because they'll fuck up your gun, still not sure a .30G aluminum bb moving at 400 FPS will kill anyone
>>
>>32938112
>we recently had a high profile case where a kid died because he had shut parents who let him run around with a firearm replica
>>
File: 9945436_1.jpg (25KB, 578x325px) Image search: [Google]
9945436_1.jpg
25KB, 578x325px
>>32938142

Well, first of all, do cops run around shooting children playing cowboys and indians? Because those little cap guns didn't/don't always have orange tips

If not, why not? I'll tell you why, because they have a lick of common sense, this isn't Somalia, we don't have kids running around with AKs very often (barring the odd case in really shitty ghettos)

So are they necessary for an air soft gun? Why? What makes them different?
>>
>>32938148
I actually got a tooth chipped when my brother shot me in the face with an airsoft gun.

But I was like 13 and didn't fucking post about it on /k/
Wish everyone would fuck off to >>>/asp/ergers
>>
>>32938198

I doubt any of those kids posted it on /k/ either anon

also my friend's shitty walmart airsoft gun fucked up my m40 gasmask's lense back in highschool.
>>
>>32938198
Holy fuck, that links to the catalog with the only thread being open being the airsoft general.

Why does that happen?
>>
>>32938748
>>>/k/orange
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.