[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapon/Vehicle nicknames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: c9d479fe2b8d.jpg (282KB, 1550x823px) Image search: [Google]
c9d479fe2b8d.jpg
282KB, 1550x823px
We all know the MG42 had the nickname 'Hitler's Buzzsaw' given by the Allies. Did the Germans have any nicknames for Allied weapons like the Thompson and Bren?
>>
>>32931201

They called the DP 28 the Plattenspieler , or Turntable in English, because of it's pan magazine.
>>
File: type_92_2.jpg (21KB, 650x255px) Image search: [Google]
type_92_2.jpg
21KB, 650x255px
>pic related was nick-named "the woodpecker"

>Corsair was nicknamed "the whistling death"

>Aal, German for eel, was a slang term for torpedoes

>Bola: German slang term for flexible gun mounts on bombers

>Hummel, German for bumble bee, referred to a mobile artillery piece

>Jabo, german slang for fighter-bomber aircraft

>Luchs, german for lynx, referred to the Panzer II

>Ronson: name given by the British to the Sherman. It refers to the lighter company due to the Sherman's tendency to explode or catch fire upon being shot at.

>Flugpanzer (flying tank) and Schwarzer Tod (black death), referred to the Soviet IL-2 fighter plane
>>
>>32931201
They called most US weapons scheiße
>>
>>32931201

Does anyone else suspect that a lot of these names were thought up by geeks after the war
>>
The Browning M2 was and still is known as the Ma Duece by US forces. I've shot the Ma Duece a good bit myself.

The Thompson or Tommy gun was know as a Chicago Typewriter during Prohibition days.

M240B is commonly called The Pig

M16 is called a musket as compared to an M4

>>32931425
Noice
>>
>>32931536
*The M60 was commonly called The Pig
ftfy
>>
>>32931598
Yes it was. I believe several MGs were.
In modern day it's the M240B
The M60 is gun I would love to lay some lead with. I imagine it being like a 240 but sexier.
>>
>>32931401
ronson is a post-war joke, there's no evidence that british servicemen ever called the sherman that during the war
>>
>>32931631
>The M60 is gun I would love to lay some lead with. I imagine it being like a 240 but less reliable and prone to catastrophic failures.

ftfy
>>
>>32931401
>muh burning ronsons
>being serious

Anon, you idiot.
>>
>>32931681
>but less reliable and prone to catastrophic failures
Where do you get this notion? The M249 SAW is a known piece of shit, but the 240 has earned it's reputation for being stupid reliable and has been compared to AK in terms of reliability. I've spent some time with them and never had issues. I also know a few machine gunners that have spent countless hours behind them that swear by them. I'll trust them over your ass.
>>
>>32931731
>reading comprehension
>>
File: M-84-Flash-Bang-Grenade.jpg (23KB, 233x194px) Image search: [Google]
M-84-Flash-Bang-Grenade.jpg
23KB, 233x194px
Flash-bang/stun granades
They are called NICO but i have no idea why. Can someone answer me that?
>>
>>32931743
You right. I'm retarded.
Not as much as this guy though>>32931757
2 secs on google. It the name of the company that makes them
>>
File: bipod.jpg (52KB, 498x670px) Image search: [Google]
bipod.jpg
52KB, 498x670px
>>32931631
I have never heard anybody call the 240 "the pig"

I was in a weapons platoon and most of my friends were machine gunners
>>
>>32931962
Boot
It's not that common but it is a thing I've heard a few times.
>>
File: rush b.jpg (23KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
rush b.jpg
23KB, 700x525px
>>32931201
Kek-9
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.