[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are pistol bullets deadlier than assault rifle bullets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: gun-172_1.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
gun-172_1.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
Usually in video games a single bullet from a pistol does more damage than a single bullet from an assault rifle.

It does make some sense, as the assault rifle bullet has less mass and is smaller. Thus it gets through the target and does less damage.

The pistol bullet is bigger and when it hits the target it deforms and transfer all the energy to the target, thus making more damage.

Would this be correct?
>>
>>32926790
No. Rifles wounds are all around more fatal and quicker to incapacitate.

Pistols just have damage buffs in games so that they aren't useless.
>>
File: alloutbait.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
alloutbait.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>32926790
>>
Everything you just said was insane.
Force equals mass times velocity. Longer barrels typically mean more velocity. There is no universal "assault rifle bullet" nor "pistol bullet" and many are in fact interchangeable between both platforms. There are certain pistols that hit stronger than certain assault rifles and vice versa.
>>
>>32926790
It takes at least 60 assault rifle bullets to kill somebody.
>>
>>32927312
is that you kevin de león?
>>
>>32926790
In most videogames where balance takes precedence over realism, slower firearms with lower capacity do more damage than faster firearms with higher capacity.

As for ignoring the videogame bit and just focusing on actual firearms, I believe intermediate cartridges have far more energy than pistol cartridges. The type of ammo makes a big difference though. M43 7.62x39 has a tendency to be TOO stable, and unless it's going through like 10" (25cm or so) of tissue, it's not going to destabilize at all. Complete through-and-through with a .30 cal bullet. In theory, the outcome might be similar to that of a .30 Carbine FMJ or a bit less effective than a 9mm due to a smaller wound. HOWEVER, due to the velocity, it might still impart more energy in the hit, and also might cause a larger temporary cavity causing overall more 'damage' (dangerous term to use...)

Ultimately, pistol ammo is generally not that lethal to humans with some people managing to survive 8+ hits, yet 7.62x39 can be used to hunt deer and I hear some have even used it on moose. As for 5.56/5.45, 5.45 is Godly. Its reliable tumbling is fantastic, and it also will generally penetrate more than 5.56 when comparing M193 to 7N6 or M855 to 7N10. I'd also trust a round that tumbles reliably at almost any velocity over a round that will fragment only at VERY high velocity (within about 200-250m with a 20" barrel). Beyond 300m, even M193 won't reliably fragment from a 20" barrel, and I hear it fragments more reliably than M855. So beyond 300m, it's likely to be a through-and-through .22 cal wound similar to a .22lr, which can still be lethal, but only if VERY well placed.

tl;dr

No, pistol bullets are not deadlier than assault rifle bullets.
>>
It takes way more bullets to kill someone in most video games any way. It typically takes 5-6 assault rifle shots and around 4 pistol shots.
>>
>>32926790
>Are pistol bullets deadlier than assault rifle bullets?
Haha, holy shit no. It's just there for game balance.
The uncharted series would have been infinitely easier if the rifle bullets did damage relative to what they do IRL vs the uncharted game rifles shooting individual #8 birdshot pellets.
>>
>>32926790
No.
Pistols are inferior to rifles in every single way except concealability.
This is always true.

Small rifle rounds have much more velocity and better ballistics (they will tumble in flesh, creating very large wounds), while large rifle rounds have larger wound cavities because of their size while also having greater velocity.

Most pistol rounds are also made so that they will specifically NOT over penetrate a target, thus they have to be less "powerful".

>tl;dr
No. Never.
>>
smaller cal with higher velocity makes for some nice cavitation, fuck handies
>>
Yes. Assault rifle bullets are known to be much less powerful. It is common practice in combat now for enemy combatants to walk forward, firing on one another, and then punching one another. There are many reported cases of two fighters punching one another at the same time and both dying.
>>
File: wm_7199942.jpg (446KB, 1875x1250px) Image search: [Google]
wm_7199942.jpg
446KB, 1875x1250px
>>32928098
>This is always true.
Something on your mind MOTHERFUCKER. Say hello to my giant friend, delivering over three thousand foot pounds of force at the muzzle and letting everyone know you have the smallest penis on the block.
>>
File: joker-giant-gun-o.gif (1MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
joker-giant-gun-o.gif
1MB, 320x214px
>>32928279
son?
>>
>>32926790
When did /k/ open a fucking daycare?
What kind of dumb shit is this?
>>
>>32928279
>the fucking sling hole
That's officially a rifle. Fuck what S&W, the ATF, or you have to say about it.
>>
>>32927650
>assault rifle
You don't belong here son
>>
>>32927650
this answer was 100% more serious than the question, good work

>>32928279
does it come in .22lr? Rifle rounds are stronger.
>barrel length
>>
>>32928470
i don't know you, but i hate you

for your wrong opinions, sure, but mostly just cause
>>
>>32926790
The best thing about a pistol is that I'm sitting next to one.
The best thing about a rifle is that it's not a pistol.
>>
>>32928279
Holy shit it's like Tetsusaiga, if it shot bullets
Is this real?
>>
File: I put in as much efffort as you.jpg (25KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
I put in as much efffort as you.jpg
25KB, 800x600px
>>32926790
come on dude
>>
File: 1373784755109.jpg (11KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1373784755109.jpg
11KB, 251x251px
>>32926790
Much bait. Such trolling. Wow. Just wow. Doge.
>>
>>32926845
Technically, Force is equal to mass times acceleration. What you described is momentum. Sorry, it really hit my ocd like a train
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.