[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a little newslet from the happy Dark Continent. Today an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Just a little newslet from the happy Dark Continent. Today an armed group, perhaps pirates or rebels, took eight hostages from a ship off the coast of Nigeria. But here is the interesting part: seven of them are Russians, one is Ukrainian.

I would like to have your suggestion as to how Putin will tackle this situation.

Being a Norwegian I know perfectly how my own wonderful country would react. There would be letters to the UN, negotiatiors would arrive with their asses full of cash and a strict forbid to pay ransoms - so instead there would be 'charity investments into local population and aid organisasions', aka pay ransom. Then about two years later we'd sent a fleet ship to patrol the area and rescue refugees. The hostages might or might not make it out of there, and the ship pwners would get a big payout from insurance afterwards. Nice.

But enough about my pocket military force. Putin is a guy who isn't afraid to show muscle. What do you think he might do here?
>>
Good news:getting rescued.
Bad news: by the spetsnaz.
>>
>>32924826
last i checked spetz doesn't do search and rescue, only cleanup
>>
File: vdW6N0p.png (420KB, 1305x5700px) Image search: [Google]
vdW6N0p.png
420KB, 1305x5700px
>>32924441
>>32924826

>pic oh so related
>>
>>32924847
I thought they did those rescues on tape school and that other opera theater?
>>
Now I think about it. Does Russia have any good friends left in Africa? The marxist group and rulers of old days aren't marxists any more.
>>
>>32925974
>rescue.

I guess you could call it that.
>>
Silly /k/, Russian armed forces are for peacekeeping in Baltic states and vacationing in Ukraine. They don't do actual defense operations.
>>
>>32924441
The shipping company will pay the ransom. The pirates are not fanatics. They're in it for the money. They won't kill the hostages. This has happened many times before. Shipping companies probably even include the cost of ransom as an overhead.
>>
>>32927299

This is probably true. But after the US rescue job with the Captain Philips incident I'm slightly surprised if Putin does a whatever. His power is built on his personal strong man popularity with the people after all.
>>
>>32927299
>>32927337
The United States built a navy in order to fuck muslim pirates in the ass, and succeeded with help from our Swedish allies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.