[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: fuck.png (114KB, 579x294px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
114KB, 579x294px
so I decide on buying the mosin nagant from classicfirearms for 180 with 20 taken off for the cracked stock, it says it is C&R Eligible so does that mean when I buy it and ship it to my FFL dealer I do no paperwork and just walk out with it? this is my first time buying a gun and I have anxiety so I don't want to spill my fucking spaghetti all over the place when I walk in to get my mosin
what do I do /k/

I don't want to sperg out like a fucking autist and come off as a noguns retard
step by step tutorial please

>take a PTRS rifle point it at your head and pull the trigger
>>
>>32923877
If you have a C&R license, you can have guns shipped to your doorstep without a background check. In your case, you still have to fill out a form 4473.
>>
>>32923877
>, it says it is C&R Eligible so does that mean when I buy it and ship it to my FFL dealer I do no paperwork and just walk out with it?
you only do that if you have a curio and relic license at which point they ship it to your house. no intermediary ffl required.
if you dont have a c&r its treated as a normal gun and you fill out forms at the ffl dealer
>>
>>32923907
alright is there anything I should do specifically when filling out the form like bring my social security number etc?
>>
>>32923877
C&R only matters if you have a C&R license. I assume you don't, so you have to get it shipped to an FFL. When you get there you'll have to fill out a form and wait 10 days to pick it up because it's your first time.

Make sure to bring your ID. If you live in a cuck state you may also need a "proof of residence," basically a bill from the last 30 days that you've printed out.

Just say it's your first time and let them show you what to do. It's just paperwork. Read the form carefully when doing the checkboxes too. They'll give you another one if you fuck up, but they'll still judge you if you waste their time spelling the county you live in wrong or accidentally checking a box that would disqualify you.
>>
File: 20160218_180105.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160218_180105.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>32923930
If you're old enough to buy a gun, you should have your SSN memorized. If I were you, I'd save up a bit more money and get a better rifle as your first gun.
t. Guy who bought a Mosin from Classic Firearms as his first rifle about two years ago
>>
>>32923877
>falling for the milsurp meme
>falling for the nugget meme

there is literally no way for you to not sperg out like an autist.
>>
>>32923930
you need some form of id like a drivers licence. in certain states like ca you might need more to prove residency. social securitiy number is recommended but not required. if you have a common name adding your ssn distinguishes you from jon smith the serial killer and the process goes faster.

i dont recommend getting a cracked stock gun just to save 20 bucks. replacing the stock will cost way more than that. if the cracks bad you will have to replace the stock or the gun will beat itself apart.
if its so you can tactifuck it with archangel ahead.
>>
>>32923958
>>32923960

I actually planned on grabbing an SKS after the mosin so I have a bolt action and a semi auto

>>32923980
I have the proper tools to fix the cracked stock and I know a woodworker who will do it for free

also

>Tactical stock on a milsurp glorious slav weapon

tbqh rather hang myself
>>
File: 20160218_180502.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160218_180502.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>32923994
>Mosin
>Gloriois
You got memed on.
>>
>>32923994
>I have the proper tools to fix the cracked stock and I know a woodworker who will do it for free
in that case go for it
iwouldnt recommend a mosin at the prices for the gun and ammo the way they are now. you havemuch better options in that range but if its what you want its what you want.
>>
>>32924023
b-b-b-but my powerful 54r round
also my local gunstore wants 20 dollars per box of 7.62x39, 40 rounds per box

im so cucked
>>
File: 20160218_180022.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160218_180022.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>32924037
There's a reason that you're supposed to buy your ammo online you know. And if you want to shoot 7.62x54R that badly, why not get a VEPR or something?
>>
>>32924079
new york is cucked on assault weapons as far as I know, SKS is the best semi auto i can probably get that I know how to disassemble
>>
You're a fucking sperg. Buying anything in 7.62x54R is a bad idea. I've owned three nuggets and I don't know why, I'm still trying to get rid of my most recent one that I impulse bought. Get a Tikka T3, or a Savage Axis if you have to have a bolt action. Don't buy any milsurp guns unless:
a.) It's a logical decision, like the gun uses modern ammunition and you will use it for a purpose
b.) You're legitimately a collector
A nugget is a terrible decision for a first firearm.
>>
>>32924145
i'm mostly going to buy a nugget just to have it as a collectors piece, same with the Arisaka mainly because i'm not going to shoot a 12 dollars worth of ammo per reload
If you're selling your nugget how much do you want for it? I probably won't shoot it more than once a year
>>
>>32923877
You're more than likely going to get a fucking thrashed mosin. Browse gunboards trader forum and AKfiles marketplace and Armslist and you'll find one in good shape for what you're gonna pay for that thing.
>>
>>32924208
It's a 1942 Valmet M39. I'm trying to sell it for $350.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.