[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yemen Withdraws Permission for U.S. Antiterror Ground Missions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: al-Qaeda-in-Yemen.jpg (840KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
al-Qaeda-in-Yemen.jpg
840KB, 1632x1224px
>WASHINGTON — Angry at the civilian casualties incurred last month in the first commando raid authorized by President Trump, Yemen has withdrawn permission for the United States to run Special Operations ground missions against suspected terrorist groups in the country, according to American officials.

>Grisly photographs of children apparently killed in the crossfire of a 50-minute firefight during the raid caused outrage in Yemen. A member of the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, Chief Petty Officer William Owens, was also killed in the operation.

>While the White House continues to insist that the attack was a “success” — a characterization it repeated on Tuesday — the suspension of commando operations is a setback for Mr. Trump, who has made it clear he plans to take a far more aggressive approach against Islamic militants.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/world/middleeast/yemen-special-operations-missions.html?_r=0
>>
>>32921184
If Ospango drops bombs on our chilluns that's fine but God forbid it's bullets from guns
>>
>>32921184
The "government" of Yemen doesn't even control a third of its nation.

Also,
>Obama orders drone strikes that kill 60+ kids in Dabiq
>Trump orders commando assault that kills 10+ civilians

OMG FUCK DRUMPF
>>
>>32921944
>inb4 source?

https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/21/an-airstrike-in-syria-killed-entire-families-instead-of-isis-fighters/?client=safari
>>
Saudi puppets dare to ban the USA? Nuke Riyadh.
>>
>>32921944
>>32921953
> a few bombs
>muy sloppy operation
Trump fucked up bad
>>
>>32921184
>permission
Like anyone gives a fuck about that
>>
Yemen already said it wasn't true
>>
>>32921184
the women and children picked up weapons and began firing on the team as well, thus the casualties.
>>
>>32922945
Even if it were true, what the fuck would Yemen do about it if we sent boots back on the ground? Invade us?

I miss the Raygun foreign policy where the US actually acted like a superpower and called all of these shitbird nation's bluffs. Qaddafi funds terrorism across Europe, including a bombing that killed servicemen, bomb his fucking house. An American frigate hits an Iranian mine in international waters, sink two of their frigates and a bunch of gunboats in retaliation.
>>
File: 1399315909768.jpg (179KB, 825x824px) Image search: [Google]
1399315909768.jpg
179KB, 825x824px
>>32923257
yeah or that one time we shot down an civilian airplane full of innocent iranians and did not even apologise lmao
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
Good. We need to keep our military out of the shit hole nations and their shitty problems over their patches of fucking dirt. Let them blow eachother up unless we have citizens or embassies in danger.
>>
>>32923257
Yeah and Quadafi blew Pan Am 103 out if the sky in retaliation for the Raygun's F111 mission that killed some of Quadafi family. Blowback is a motherfucker.
>>
South Yemen when?
>>
>>32922945
>Neither the White House nor the Yemenis have publicly announced the suspension. Pentagon spokesmen declined to comment, but other military and civilian officials confirmed that Yemen’s reaction had been strong.

>According to American civilian and military officials, the Yemeni ban on operations does not extend to military drone attacks, and does not affect the handful of American military advisers who are providing intelligence support to the Yemenis and forces from the United Arab Emirates.
>>
>>32923257
Or like that time the Iranians killed 241 marines, sailors, and soldiers and we... left Lebanon entirely.
>>
>>32924143
Sauce plz
>>
>>32921184
>NYTimes
>>
>>32924406
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombings

I was gonna call you a dumbass but I'm in a good mood today.
>>
>>32921184

Trump really needs to read some of the fucking shit instead of sending people in with bad or incomplete intelligence. Obama didn't sign off on it for that reason. What a fucking idiot Trump is.

Now, a SEAL is dead, 30 civilians are dead, including an American citizen, and there seems to be a fucking media blackout on that.

What a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>32923257
Libya was responsible for absolutely no terrorist activity, it was all fucking Syria. Every single intelligence organization besides the US one labeled Syria as the funder and organizer of these terrorist groups, but the US didn't want to get rid of Syria. They needed an enemy and Ghadaffi stepped up to the plate.
Don't listen to neocon lies. Ghadaffi was an idiot, but he wasn't a terrorist.
Same fucking thing happened in Iraq, Saddam was an idiot, but he wasn't funding terrorism, and we had no fucking business invading Iraq OR helping depose Ghadaffi. Now both nations are unstable shitholes with actual terrorists running rampant without a strong man to keep the country in check.
>>
>>32924506
And you know this how?
>>
>>32924520

Because it was actually reported for one day by some news sites (with sources) and then completely "forgotten" about.
>>
God damn, the Houthis are going to completely exacerbate all efforts to prevent war with Iran.
>>
>>32924520
pissed off pentagon people leaked stuff
>>
>>32924534
>>32924550
Source?
>>
>>32924555

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/seal-american-girl-die-first-trump-era-u-s-military-n714346
>>
>>32924568
Ah yes, "US Official." Surely this is a trustworthy person.
I was more asking about the validity of the source, I've heard this story before, but "US Official" is to me about as valid as "Russian Hacker" at this point after the Pissgate fiasco the media doubled down on. Is there anything proving that it's true or is this just the media saying "We have reliable sources so trust us."

Cause I havne't trusted the fucking media in 10 years, and after 2016 I just assume they're lying at this point.
>>
>>32924616

Jesus wept.
>>
File: 1486232734257.jpg (111KB, 560x740px) Image search: [Google]
1486232734257.jpg
111KB, 560x740px
>>32924616
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_media_effect
>>
>>32924520
Watch the Charlie Rose special with Lisa Monaco, Obama's chief counterterrorism advisor. She talks about this.
>>
>>32924520
>>32924555
https://charlierose.com/videos/29792
>>
>>32924616
>I just assume they're lying at this point
Wait, like all of them? Both sides? Because i can get behind that.
>>
>>32924655
Oh fuck off, the media is extremely and blatantly biased, and have been shown to fucking lie their asses off time and time again. They have jumped on baseless rumors, attached "anonymous source" to it, and reported it live on national television.

Fuck em, fuck every single major news organization. They're just political puppets.

>>32924664
>>32924671
Okay that's a bit better. That's actually what I was asking for, thanks for not being faggots, guys.

>>32924679
Of course. I'd sooner trust a hobo than Fox or CNN.
>>
So aside from Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS in Yemen, the Houthis are going to be an issue. They're backed and funded by Iran and their fight against Saudi Arabia is acting as a proxy war between the US and Iran. With Iran testing these ballistic missiles, Trump condemning them and in the process of tearing up the Iran deal, Iran is becoming more emboldened to take us on, as we are with Iran in return.

This shit is going to get ugly. Fuck Yemen.
>>
>>32924506
Nope. He didn't sign off because there wouldn't be a moonless night until after he leaves office.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.