[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obviously the Python is great, but how does the Colt Trooper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3000x1518px
Obviously the Python is great, but how does the Colt Trooper stack up? LGS has one like in the pic, and in mighty tempted.
>>
>>32921135
God damn that grip.

That's slick looking go for it.
>>
>>32921528
The grips just look like Pachmayrs with a Colt medallion. Nice looking gun though.
>>
>>32921528
>>32922042
The grips that are on it now aren't those presentation grips either. It's a different set of rubber grips. A lot happens to ha gun in 40 years though. Did some research. They open in 45 minutes, I'll be there to buy it and take some time at the range with it.
>>
>>32921135
>Obviously the Python is great
>nickel plated sissy pistols
>good

Rick Grimes, get fucked.
>>
>>32922468
Does electroless nickel count as sissy? Because that's the finish on the Trooper I just bought, and it's so goddamn nice.
Double action: smooth as shit.
>>
From what I remember, the Mk V Troopers actually had stronger actions than the Pythons did. The reason for this was that the Troopers utilized a newer and better engineered lockwork, while the Python was stuck with a licensed Galland revolver action from the fucking 1800s due to fuddlore.

Either way, I'd get it if the price is reasonable.
>>
>>32924507
The one I picked up is a MarkIII. It still has the improved action. They're a lot more reliable to shoot than the python from what I hear. They don't get out of time nearly as much as the Pythons do.
>>
>>32921135
They're quite alright. Compare to the Ruger Security Six and GP100, and the Smith & Wesson M28 and M66, a working man's double-action .357 revolver.

Vaguely imilar to the Python, but the lockwork is much stronger, so you don't have to worry about the timing. Obviously the trigger won't be as amazing, that's a trade-off.

Also I feel the "half-lugged" barrel looks slicker than the full lug.

>>32922468
From a practical standpoint, the Trooper Mk.III is like the Python if it was a useful service revolver.

>>32925567
Ah, OP bought the gun then? Pix?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32925753
Yep. I bought it. I don't like the grips that are on there now, but my grandfather has a set of factory wood colt grips from a Python, which should fit nicely. Talked them down to 700, and the thing is in great, great shape.
>>
>>32926044
Fucking nice, and a pretty good price too, you see them for a fair bit more sometimes.

How's the lockup, no wiggle, no pushoff? Bore nice and crisp?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32926114
Thanks, I'm really pleased with it. Glad I went back for it.

No wiggle at all. Nice and crisp. Looks like it wasn't fired very much. The only issue I noticed is that the ejector rod is slightly bent. But that's not a huge issue. Overall really great shape for a 40 year old gun.
>>
>>32924507
What would you consider a reasonable price for one?
I was planning on getting a M28 for 600 which seems like a decent price, but I also found a Trooper Mk 3 for 800.
It sounds like they fill similar roles, and I like how both look equally, so I guess I'll go for whichever is the better deal unless one is notably better than the other.
>>
>>32925753
now that is one good looking revolver
>>
Nice find. I would try to get the ejector rod fixed, but sounds like it is in good shape otherwise. Post it again once you get the wood grips on. I would like to see a before & after.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.