[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I protect myself from a home invasion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1463588737223.png (204KB, 800x385px) Image search: [Google]
1463588737223.png
204KB, 800x385px
How do I protect myself from a home invasion?
>>
Don't live in a shitty area. Get home security (alarm system/cameras.) 99% of home invaders will flee when an alarm goes off. The other 1% you can finish with your home defense gun.
>>
First you'll need a good self defense weapon, id go with any rifle from intra-arms. Next simple throw a good 5 hand grenades somewhere near the attacker
>>
>>32920762
>>32920790
>Alarm system

City boy 101. He's probably inline at Starbucks right now.

OP

Step 1: a good dog. They can hear and smell a thousand times better than us. A good one will bark to alert you.
Step 2: a gun. When dog barks grab it and get ready
Step 3: ????
Step 4: profit
>>
>>32920762
t.rural/suburban retard

You don't because they almost never happen. You can take your finger off the trigger now cletus
>>
File: M-136 dispensed by UH-60.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
M-136 dispensed by UH-60.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>32920762
LANDMINES
>>
Grab a gun, put the end of the barrel in your mouth, and pull the trigger.
>>
>>32921230
That is going to be a bitch to clean up
>>
>>32920762
On the cheap?

driveway alarms from amazon placed watching outside your doors, they're like $20. The receiver makes a loud (or soft) BEEP BEEP BEEP that will wake you up when something is out there. Birds often set it off though. Batteries on the sensors last like a year.

Secondly, a rifle with a light and night sights or optic.
go with a 16" or 18" barrel though, short barrels produce too much muzzle flash for quick follow up shots in morning/evening/night/darkness, they are also louder.

a 9mm carbine would be perfect imo.
>>
>>32920762
You can't have your home invaded if you don't have a home.
>>
>>32921280
That sounds like a "you" problem.
>>
>>32921230
too slow, use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1FyA-3wcBQ
instead
>>
File: good idea.jpg (83KB, 338x398px) Image search: [Google]
good idea.jpg
83KB, 338x398px
>>32921280
>>
>>32920762
have at least 7 guns on your person at all times
>>
I have a dog, and a USP with a light on it. I live in a narrow townhouse so my 16 inch AR is even unwieldy here. My dog barks at anything (hunting dog, they're pretty thickheaded) so I'm typically aware when somethings up. Or if my neighbors kids are home from achool, or if a cat is walking around our cars.
>>
It depends on your level of commitment, optimally you have your yard designed into killzones with claymores installed, at minimum you should have a sentry at all times
>>
>>32921337
>AR is unwieldy!

That just means you don't want to bump it on stuff and smack stuff with it.

Quit bein' a pussy.
>>
>>32921148
>t. home invader
You aren't fooling us, Jamal.
>>
>>32920762

I have tripwires hooked up to launch parachute flares then a three second fuse to a pack of jumping jacks and a regular roman candle positioned in my bush bunker to simulate tracers.

>it ain't me starts playing faintly in the background.
>>
>>32920762
O U T E R K E V I N
>>
>>32920762
get good locks/deadbolts for your doors and windows

lock your shit whenever you leave/go to sleep

depending on where you live pole lights are nice (the little motion activated ones that light up whenever something trips it)

a security camera that just points at your front/back door or garage wouldn't be a bad idea, doesn't seem like that on a closed loop that connects to a PC would be that hard to set up to have it record and delete anything older than X days
>>
>>32920762
>know the invader is present before they know you are present
>know if your home is not vacant when you arrive
>have weapons where you can access them, but not where an intruder would find them
>have a way of signalling for police, a sound decoy would work well
>take your time, the police response is in your favour, better to hold out in a room silently. you know the layout, they don't
>if they are unarmed take command and force them to lie on the ground; if they are armed shoot to avoid a lawsuit
>>
>>32921263
Footage was probably before the regulation of cluster munitions, I.E. no cleanup because "remote fuse".
>>
>>32920762
1) Dont live in a bad neighborhood

2) Install REAL doors and Frames, not the thin plywood crap. NO GLASS

3) Install deadbolts on every Door - quality ones

4) Two chains per door for inreased protection at night

5) Install steel door security bars that can be locked from inside and outside

6) Bars infront of every ground and basement floor window. Pro tip: Weld the screws and the bars together so they cannot be removed without angle grinder

7) Get cheap door alarms that make noise when the door is opened

8) Install a secure lock on your bedroom door AND USE IT so you cannot be woken up by some asshole standing next to your bed

9) Get a Shotgun - Rem 870 or Mossman 5XX series - no sling, no overly tactical bullshit, no side-by-side, no over-under, no semi auto. Just a pump action, a ghost ring sight and perhaps a shotshell holder. a light is a big plus for night time too. But KEEP IT SIMPLE. You must be able to operate everything in total darkness, tired and under the influence of adrenaline. Keep said Shotgun in your bedroom next to the bed. Train with the shotgun at least once a month and load with 00 buck

10) Get a Handgun. Get what you like, but you must be able to wear it every time round the house. If you wanna get a mouse gun for pocket carry that cannot install a small light, get also a small pocket light. Load gun with high quality defense ammo and train every other week. During nighttime keep the gun next to your bed and never leave it unattended.
>>
>>32921474
Made me chuckle, well played anon.
>>
>>32921857

11) keep a cellphone close at any given time

12) When you leave the house - even for five minutes - lock EVERYTHING

13) When youre gone for several days, install time switches for lights and tv and dont leave the shutters open - also ask neighbors to remove newspapers, letters etc from your house

14) for increased protection get a dog - it doesnt need to be a fucking warhound but it should be a larger breed. Train with dog so he protects you

15) Let an electrician install covered master switches in the bedroom and your living room, that when used switch off the whole electricity in the entire house

16) If you have outside outlets, let the electrician install switches for those to so burglars cannot use electrical tools

17) Keep some XXL zip ties round the house so if you dont waste the criminal, you can still captivate him

18) Get an electronic door intercom with camera, mic and screen so you can talk to people without opening the door.
>>
Get a glider, they work for everything!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.