[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, first time gun owner here. I bought glock 19, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: glock_19_mos-1.png (1MB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
glock_19_mos-1.png
1MB, 1000x598px
Hey guys, first time gun owner here. I bought glock 19, and I'm looking for a CCW holster. Concealing in winter will be easy, but I'm afraid about summer. I only wear a T-shirt and chinos. I need no print at all, since I'm not allowed in some situations to carry in my country (but I will). Also people freak out, when they see a gun which is not on a policeman.

Also, any other tips for CCW? Do you carry with a round in the chamber? I think I got pretty good situational awareness, so I would be able to chamber the first round.

Thanks for the recommendations.
>>
a round in the chamber is the difference between life and death.
>>
>>32918752
I'm scared about shit like sitting down with a pen in my pocket, and the pen pulling the trigger. But I haven't decided where to wear the gun yet.
>>
File: RCS-Eidolon-5.jpg (675KB, 1765x2048px) Image search: [Google]
RCS-Eidolon-5.jpg
675KB, 1765x2048px
>>32918777
It's called using a holster that covers the trigger guard, carrying a Glock loose in a pocket is the realm of blistering morons.

>needing no print at all because you're carrying illegally
>buying a G19 instead of a G43, S&W Shield, or other extremely slim belly gun
>>
>>32918734
I hope you shoot yourself you moron.
>>
File: download (11).jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Milt Sparks criterion.
Order now, get it in the mail in 3 months
>>
>"I'm scared of carrying a Glock!"

G
A
D
G
E
T

S
C
D
>>
>>32918734
>I'm not allowed in some situations to carry in my country (but I will).

Why the fuck would we help you, then?
>>
>>32918734
>I'm not allowed in some situations to carry in my country (but I will)
Stupid idea. Get a permit, carry where you can, substitute with other weapons where you can't.

>people freak out
Nogunz are blind, and you really need to be rubbing their noses into it for them to see a gun on you. I've been in several situations where I as much was telling them "Look, idiot, there may be people carrying weapons on them around you RIGHT THIS MOMENT" with less than three people standing in the vicinity, and they still didn't get the message. Can't say they were dull, either - engineers and PhDs, all.
>>
>>32918734
>glock
>chambered
I hope you don't have balls, 'cause you'll lose them fast, especially since you don't seem to know what holster is.

Get a SAO with manual safety (such as SIG P938) and carry it Condition 1, or DA/SA and carry it Condition 2.

Condition 3 is only good for a no-threat situation, you won't have enough time to react when shit happens on a street. Besides, one of your arms may no longer be available to you to rack the slide.
>>
>>32918734
>>32918777
Get the Raven Vanguard II. I really like mine and it covers the entire trigger area so a pen can't fuck with it
>>
>>32918777
1. You have to use a holster that covers the trigger guard
2. You don't keep anything in that pocket but the gat
3. g19s aren't made for pocket carry
>>
>>32920396
Condition 0 is condition HERO
>>
>>32920553
There are two kinds of pilots: bold pilots, and old pilots. There are no bold old pilots.

Likewise with Condition 0. You can get to C0 from C1 by a flick of your thumb as you draw, but you're fucked if you try to reholster a C0 handgun while your shirt is accidentally in your holster.
>>
>>32918734

>CCW holster

I have used dozens of different holsters and carry positions over the years. I would say that if you're not a "fashion" minded person, the best, most comfortable, convenient way to carry is either with an OWB on the waist or a shoulder rig. You'll have to always wear a cover garment either way, but I'm telling you.... it's so easy to throw on a shoulder rig, or to just slide a paddle holster on. It makes carrying a gun way less of a pain in the ass. IWB is annoying. appendix is objectively shit. for OWB concealed carry I love the fobus holsters. they're great and hold the pistol close to your body and you can adjust the draw angle to your comfort. just make sure you get a gun belt. not some cringy nylon number but a real gun belt. either hard leather or one of those steel core deals. they help hold the pistol closer to your body because they don't fold, and you wont have to pull your belt super tight. for shoulder rigs, galco is the only way to go. crazy comfortable and great for all day wear. doesn't bother you getting in and out of car, and draw while seated, just all in all super convenient way to carry, but.... I don't like that draw so I usually just OWB with the fobus.

and while wearing a cover gaurment, remember that i's all in the materials. if it's hot out, wearing a good, thin, breathable, pure cotton button down will actually keep you cooler than a t-shirt alone.

>round int he chamber

it's up to you. I carry with one in the chamber, yes. just imagine that, BAM something bad happened and you need to pull your gun. do you want to have to rack it? or just pull it out and get straing on target with no bullshit? that's kinda the whole point of carrying a gun like a glock 19, no manual safety, not bullshit. just pull it out and shoot.

>tips for CCW

don't worry about printing so much. no-one is going to notice. they aren't staring at you. they are checking you out, you're not a celebrity.
>>
>>32920746
>IWB is annoying
tastes differ, and IWB may be an acquired taste.

I used to carry OWB for the very reasons you mention, then had to go to deep concealment and started carrying IWB. Just this week, decided to go back to OWB because if the situation change - fuck, I can't stand it anymore.

>on't worry about printing so much. no-one is going to notice. they aren't staring at you.
This >>32920358 works both ways. I've tried to figure out if a person at work I don't trust is carrying IWB (the fucker was just wearing his jeans and a T-shirt), and couldn't figure out nothing but just a bulge even though he was less than six feet from me and standing back to me.

Oh, by the way. The first rule of the Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. Nobody except people you really trust (that'll be all of /k/ here) needs to even know you have a gun.
>>
>>32920293
Because some people don't feel like being victims just because some stupid fucking liberals decided they can't carry somewhere because it makes them uncomfortable. Read: college campuses
>>
>>32919255
>G19 instead of a G43, S&W Shield
if he's Canadian a 19 is the smallest he can gun senpai
>>
>>32921614
>Canada
>T-shirt and chinos
>not flannel and relaxed fit jeans for maximum G19 concealment

I find it hard to believe he's in Canada
>>
>>32920293
Because you're not a government cuck? For me, it's mostly carrying to school. Otherwise we can't take guns to concerts, protests, and stuff like that.

>>32921614
>>32921620
Not canadian, central/eastern Europe.
>>
>>32918734
I'd recommend something smaller. Many people can conceal these but I have yet to see someone do it in person without printing.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.