[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taurus Judge 4510 .45/.410 Revolver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: TaurusJudge4510.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
TaurusJudge4510.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
So I'm not a gun expert or even remotely close. I only have one gun now, it's a Glock 19 gen4.

I searched this forum for the Taurus Judge and found nothing. I want to know, is this a good buy?

It can shoot .410 2.5" Shotshell ammo. So does that mean this is basically a little mini shotgun?

My reasons for owning a gun are simple: home defense and nothing more. I don't care to spend a lot of money on different guns or being a good marksman or anything like that. I have a family and want to be able to defend them if something bad happens.

Given these stipulations, I ask again: Is this a good buy for someone like me? Any other recommendations for discrete home defense weaponry?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Here is a link to the gun on Academy's website.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/taurus-judge-model-4510-45410-dasa-revolver#repChildCatid=328764
>>
>>32918356
Your g19 is better in every way
>>
>>32918356
It's a novelty. Get it if you like it.
>>
>>32918356
The Judge is a range toy at most. If you're looking for a shotgun as a HD gun, go with a 870 or mossberg 590. The shot pattern of the .410 at anything near a considerable distance will have little effect on a perpetrator due to spread.
>>
>>32918356
Your gonna get a lot of taurus hate on here. I think there revolvers are solid. I own a judge public defender. It is a good gun for close defense. I keep mine as one of 2 guns, in my vacation place. That and my p83 wanad make me sleep soundly down there.
>>
>>32918398
Spread out of mine is pretty acceptable at 20 feet with almost all kinds of shot
>>
>So does that mean this is basically a little mini shotgun?
Yes.
>good for home defense?
..it will work but i really advise against it.

your glock is more than enough to protect your household

make sure to get a stream light TLR-1 HL
for positively identifying your target. don't wanna accidentally shoot little Susie because you thought she was a burglar right? right.
a shotgun is good.
a rifle is not good
a pistol is amazing.
>>
>>32918449
Thanks, so what makes a pistol more effective in home defense? My thought pattern, which may seem silly, is that a gun with one distinct bullet path (like a rifle or pistol) will be more likely to continue and hit someone I wasn't aiming at (I'm no marksman). Whereas a shotshell type ammunition would spread out?

So even if I (not a great shot at all) mis-aimed, I would be able to avoid severe damage to other people, while at least putting some little beads into the "bad guy's" body.
>>
Do NOT buy Taurus OP. My father in law almost lost an eye to one of their shitty Tracker revolvers. Total cylinder failure on factory rounds. Shitty welded cylinders are dangerous.
>>
get the 6" magnum and hunt and shoot clays with it
>>
File: raging-bull-001.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (378KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
raging-bull-001.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
378KB, 800x596px
>>32918572
Was about to say this. The Raging series can load .454 which makes .44mag look like .40S&W. I'm about to buy pic related for that exact reason.
>>
>>32918404

Beretta guy here:

This is absolutely 100% horseshit.

The Taurus PT-92s are solid, because they're literally the same machines that originally produced Beretta 92s; they even kept the same plant workers. Even with Taurus' shitty QC, it's hard for them to go wrong on a PT-92.

On the other hand, Taurus has absolutely shit quality when it comes to their revolvers. Do a bit of research, or even go to your local store, and they will attest to how the shit QC of Taurus mixed with poor design results in headaches for buyers. IF you get a revolver that is reliable, it's counter to the norm. That said, Taurus does have a very friendly service policy, where they'll replace (not fix - replace is what they do) a malfunctioning firearm with a minimal hassle.
>>
>>32918514
>>32918449

>a pistol is amazing

A rifle, shotgun, or carbine is superior to a pistol every day of the week.

Pros of Rifle/Shotgun/Carbine:
- Wider ammunition choices/frangible ammunition
- Harder to disarm
- Better sight picture
- More room for attachments
- Calibers are typically more powerful

Pros of Pistol:
- Barely more maneuverable (a difference of maybe 2 inches compared to a shouldered rifle).
>>
File: tactical.jpg (59KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
tactical.jpg
59KB, 540x366px
>>32918514
>what makes a pistol better at HD?

turning corners.

you arent going to get the fastest target positivity than you would with a shot gun or a rifle or something long,
a pistol is compact, has decent firepower, and can turn tight corners in your home, which im sure your home HAS
90% of pistols come with a under rail that can house a light, your shotgun,rifle/revolver cant do that unless you do pic related

i may have been hasty when i said Taurus judge is a little under powered,
domnt listen to these taurus haters ops

the revolvers are fine now a days and their qc is much better than what it previously was for the wheelguns

do stay away from their semi-pistols though
>>
>>32918514
Sounds like you would be better off spending your cash on ammo and range time.
>>
>>32918519
What's welded on the cylinder?
>>
File: 8be.jpg (25KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
8be.jpg
25KB, 600x578px
>>32919631
Heres your (you)

its like you aren't even trying.
>>
>>32918356

This is objectively one of the last guns you should consider for home defense
>>
>>32918514
>My thought pattern, which may seem silly, is that a gun with one distinct bullet path (like a rifle or pistol) will be more likely to continue and hit someone I wasn't aiming at (I'm no marksman). Whereas a shotshell type ammunition would spread out?

It's not about "one distinct path", it's about mass. Mass and speed affect penetration.

Shotguns: shotguns don't spread out the way they do in movies, unless it's a horrible DIY sawed-off, which increases spread but handicaps power. Within the home, you're looking at maybe a 2-3 inch spread, depending on distance. Most HD ammunition (00 buck) will penetrate interior walls and furniture, and may penetrate exterior walls.
>>
>>32918356
I'm sure I'll get a lot of crap for this, but I decided to buy the Smith and Wesson Governor about two years ago because I was hearing a lot about how great the governor/judge style guns are for close range self defense, especially in carjacking situations. I liked the gun at first and I carried it almost everyday, but after shooting it so many times, the novelty kind of wears off. If you're interested in something like that, go for it, but don't assume this is the ultimate self defense weapon because it shoots shotgun shells.
Ultimately all the gun did was encourage me to buy a full sized revolver.
>>
>>32919634
>>32919657

>being this functionally retarded

Clearly a troll.
>>
If you want a good home defense gun get a 12 gauge shotgun. You can get a Mossberg Maverick 88 or Savage 320 for $200.
Shotguns are easier to operate and people generally have a higher hit rate in high stress situations.

Unless you are using self defense shells, I don't see how the 410 shot can achieve sufficient velocity in such a short barrel. I've sold a few Judges but their not a gun I recommend to people. That being said, most people (untill I came on this forum) ive talked with spoke positively about Taurus revolvers. I know guys that don't care for their pistols and still like their revolvers.
>>
>>32919745
yeah you clearly are.
the poor man wants to buy a gun to protect him and his family, stop being a fucking nigger

OP
piatols/shotguns
great
no rifles

there's your answer
>>
>>32918449

>shotgun is good.
no
>rifle is not good.
NO
>pistol is amazing.
Are you high?

In all circumstances a stock will significantly improve the handling of any firearm, ergo decreasing the skill required and increasing the probability of hitting what you intend. I've never understood this whole bias against the use of rifles in home defense situations. Given the proper chambering and ammunition they will not over penetrate, the standard magazine of an AR or AK is easily more than that of any pistol or shotgun thus giving more opportunities to make sure a home invader is dead, and they offer greater accuracy at any practical distance especially for reflexive shooting in a panic.

Buy a good basic bitch AR and be done with this tom foolery.
>>
>>32918356
Watch the hickok vid on it. I went in expecting to laugh but once he put in some buckshot it seemed decent. I wouldn't want to be shot with one. That said use the glock
>>
File: this fig is sauer.jpg (222KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
this fig is sauer.jpg
222KB, 1024x768px
>>32919795
holy shit you fucking retard
OP doesn't need improved handling of a firearm when a pistol is already highlycontrollable
he needs quick corners and target acquisition

have fun with your heavy AR getting shoved into the ceiling when you try to turn a corner and getting stabbed in the stomach wondering what happened,

rifles are unwieldy long, and heavy

if you HONESTLY think thats a better choice over a handgun in a HOME, with corners and rooms and crevices and obstacles like chairs and furniture
then you need to be admitted to a firing line for the mentally feeble.
>>
>>32919795

>and they offer greater accuracy at any practical distance especially for reflexive shooting in a panic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4

>decreasing the skill required

practice with anything firearm is needed
>>
>>32919940

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYjThckYqBQ

Consider that this guy probably doesn't handle guns on a regular basis. The easier this can be made for him the better.
>>
>>32919998
see. this is good feedback

i love bird head grips
>>
>>32919871

>being so utterly anemic that maneuvering a rifle is significantly harder than a pistol

>running around your house cutting the pie like a wannabe John Wick endangering yourself when you should just round everyone important up in one room and keep your gun trained on the entrance

>having such a disconnect from reality that you actually believe the average Joe can be a leet operator like in the movies
>>
File: glock best.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
glock best.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>32920063
>anemic
i never said anything about strength,
having a rifle for hd is an increase of it getting taken from you

>rounding everyone up
yeah because that scenario is going to be possible every fucking time

>endangering yourself
yeah go give little susie a glock
be the man of the fucking house and die for your family you fucking pussy

>disconnect
he lives there every single day of his life
he knows his house inside and out he knows where he needs to look
he knows where someone could be
he knows all of this because he can walk around the house more confidently and with more certainty then someone that DOESNT LIVE THERE

he knows the creaking floor boards,
the screeching door hinges
the aching stair well that makes noise when you walk on them

if you don't know what has and hasn't been touched and who has and hasn't been in a room in your household then kill yourself for thinking you could ever defend your family

now are you going to come at me with this more petty faggotry that has no structure to your argument or can we get back to the fact that OP needs a pistol

if you don't come up with anymore structure im done replying.
>>
>>32918356
They are viable with specialized ammo but if youre not carrying it then youd be better served with an AR
>>
>>32919940
If you're gonna try to argue that a pistol is more accurate than a long gun just get the fuck right out of here.

You can take a hundred of the worlds best shooters and a hundred of the worst, and if you have them shoot at, like your video, 230 yards, I guarantee you without a single exception more people land more hits with a rifle than a pistol.

Continue to suggest a pistol is better than a rifle at your own stupidity.
>>
File: 8 inches of bull.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
8 inches of bull.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>32920206
have you been reading?
you've completely missed the point

>practice with anything firearm is needed

im not saying its more accurate,
im saying that he doesn't need a fucking rifle in his house compared to a handgun.

practice enough with anything and you can get a .22 snubby to hit a gong if you PRACTICE
he doesn't need that much accuracy out of a AR that he can get from a pistol IN DOORS
>>
File: I sincerely hope this is bait.jpg (43KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
I sincerely hope this is bait.jpg
43KB, 320x240px
>>32920164

>pistols can't be taken either

>not having everyone know where to go during a break in

>implying being a dumbass somehow makes you a man

>implying people would intentionally let their house fall into disrepair just for the sake of having indicators of where people are

>implying people are used to navigating their house with the lights off on a regular basis

>criminals will always pick somewhere predictable to break in

>being able to think carefully and coherently during an adrenaline rush is a skill that everyone with no experience possesses, to the point at which accidental friendly fire isn't something to consider if they panic

>implying the difference in mass makes the difference between super human reflexes and Parkinsons tier controlability

>all rifles are retardedly long

>not a butt blasted mall ninja trying to feebly defend his poor purchasing decisions
>>
>>32919575
>I have no idea about what I'm talkin about
Ftfy
>>
>>32919634
>mall ninja
The post
>>
File: cherrypicking.jpg (13KB, 259x190px) Image search: [Google]
cherrypicking.jpg
13KB, 259x190px
>>32920355
>cherry picking things that millions of family's possibly could and couldn't do
>implying everyone is the same

everyday home life happens,
>stairs get squeaky
>homes get aged
>sometimes families cant repair them all at once
this argument is over, since you cant make a solid argument why the pistol is inferior to an AR

you know what to do OP, have a good night and a safe home
>>
Get a extendo for your glocc and some hot hollow points and it will be a much better home defence handgun than any bitchass .410 revolver
>>
File: IMG_20161110_43340.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161110_43340.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>32918356
I bought the public defender poly. it works well. lots of fun. .45 long colt is expensive as fuck though.

It would work just fine for self defense inside the home, though a little big to CC. be sure you only buy 410 that is made for handguns.
>>
>>32918356
Taurus has a reputation for poor quality control, the American division is thankfully a little better than the Brazilian wing but that's only because The Brazilian factory fucked up so royally. They made a pistol that fires when you jiggle it and since the company is politically connected it managed to become the standard service pistol of the national police before the videos surfaced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
>>
>>32921653
Every gun manufacturer has made shit at one point.

Nice straw man.
>>
Good hiking gun. Alternate 45LC and bird shot and works on both snakes and larger prey
>>
>>32921785
yea 50 years ago when that was acceptable. If you cant get a re cocked striker fired handgun to function properly then you should not be manufacturing arms. I've never seen a glock or M&P or any other pre cocked striker fired handgun for that matter fire when jiggled. If you don't understand why this is unacceptable for a modern service weapon then please sell all your guns because you clearly have no business owning them. Also that is not what a straw man is.
>>
Are you autists seriously telling this guy to get an AR over a shotgun or pistol? If his main use is home defense, that means he won't be hitting the range that much. Using an AR without practice is a risk at best, and shotguns and/or his glock are piss easy to shoot and maintain. Even a bare bones $500 AR would be overkill compared to a Mav 88 in this case.
>>
>>32919575
have a judge,tracker,and rossie rio grande, no issues with any of them over at least 2,000 rounds across the three,so no idea what to think but for me and my experiences,taurus is fine,but your experience may vary?:
>>
>>32919998
Jesus, Mary and Joseph (Visarionovich)

> make a point not to aim with the pistol grip shotgun because hurr durr no stock, gee whiz I wonder how people aim their pistols.

> Action open hammers cocked ammo loaded is a (((safe))) and (((useful))) way to store your sxs scattergat in your house, and you're gonna keep it that way while you're looking around for intruders.

> Btw same goes for pump action, gonna snoop around with an empty chamber because reasons.

> Look at me I used to do lotsa cowboy shooting -- can't work a fucking pump, blame the ammo.

> Unironically recommending a Biden special for hd.

It seams Ian started popping the same mad cow disease pills Lindy has been on lately. Fucking deplorable.
>>
File: 314491172_small.jpg (13KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
314491172_small.jpg
13KB, 400x257px
>>32918404

The Judge is just a what-if gimmick that fires weak ass expensive shotgun shells out of a short barrel, making it practically useless. You're choosing the worst of everything and slapping it into one gun that does everything to the lowest standard possible.
>>
File: IMAG0026.jpg (2MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0026.jpg
2MB, 4208x2368px
It really depends on you OP. I was in the same position and ended up getting a Judge. I don't hate it. It's fun on the range, good snake gun, and a good close defense gun with the right loads. I've never had reliability issue or failures with it despite having it for a minute. So despite what people would have you believe they are not the new glocknades. Word of advice if you do get it, get the three inch chamber and biggest barrel you can. The bigger chamber will give you more options with your loads, and the accuracy on the small barrels is ... lacking. So go big.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.