[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sim rounds and MMA fighting...?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
http://www.foxla.com/entertainment/features/234116427-story

What does /k/ think of this? I'm all for playing paintball / airsoft style shit with sim rounds but whats the point in just mag dumping each other then wrestling around? And the whole "ultimate warrior" bullshit and being "proficient" in unarmed combat? Seems kinda retarded....
>>
This is somehow worse than airshit

Why are you not out after getting hit?
>>
>>32914172
So the mma fags are finally admitting that it's boring as shit to watch their "sport" and need to spice up the "show."
>>
>>32914213
I don't understand the point, the team who has the most hits loses, so whats the point in wrestling around? just run in as fast as you can and mag dump them point blank. I guess its just supposed to be a fun sport with no purpose...?
>>
>>32914275
Maybe but why even mix the two? If you like MMA or martial arts that's cool but the whole you need to be a well rounded warrior just seems like fedora shit in this day and age. If you are in a war/ gun fight/ home invasion/ defensive situation and unarmed you're chance of survival is pretty low, and the chances of you and your enemy running out of ammo and just squaring off for some fisticuffs seems retarded.
>>
Looks fun as fuck.

Public gunsim games will really never be good until you can disable a players ability to move after being shot. Fags will get hit and just keep going but at least this game is designed with that in mind.

Settle your autism gentlemen this is clearly designed to be more fun than practical or a sport.
>>
>>32914213
Because a single round does not always stop or incapacitate somebody.
Simunitions training isn't like playing tag with guns. The shit hurts, and it's a big part of the training to reinforce the mindset of "Keep fighting even if you're hit, don't just give up and get killed"

You fight the way you train, don't forget that.
>>
>>32914582
I see no viability in this as training, and as a sport it just seems weird? like running around mag dumping sim rounds then wrestling around..
>>
>>32914615
>Just watched OP's video
Holy fuck this is retarded. Just go play paintball.

Regardless though, plenty of credible law enforcement agencies use simunitions in scenarios with actors, and they don't expect the scenario to end until their cops either apprehend or stop the actor, or get a sim round to the face or nuts.
I consider it very good training, personally, when it's not retardified into cowadooty tacticool paintball.
>>
>>32914172
We did sim rounds when I was in the Marines.

They would hire American hajjies to play terrorist. They had 1 girl missing an arm playing a dead victim. I was confused because I thought we were the ones who injured her at first.

She was fucking hot too. You'd be surprised how good looking some of them are when you take the sheet off their head.
>>
Simmunition rounds are fucking trash

Force on Force rounds are substantially beter
>>
>>32914838
No joke.

ME girls are very attractive on more occasions than not.

Selfish ass hajjies
>>
>2017
>Not training with lasers
>Not also prepping for the future of weapon's technology

You fucking dummies. Bullets and shit are a passing fad, lasers are the future.
>>
>>32914275
I'd watch an MMA fight where the fighters are constantly being shot with airsoft pellets or simunition.
>>
>>32914854
Used them for cqb and other training while active duty. It's an effective tool that has a stimulus to go with being "hit" that using blanks can't compare to.

But you're free to have a wrong and retarded opinion.
>>
File: absolutely civilian.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely civilian.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
>>32914172
>unironically using skrillex mememusic
>CoD shirt
Looks about as serious as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfjr68r0oOk&index=60&list=LLpZS_39kl9wPfCiO5GNSUnw
>>
>>32914935
I get this sneaking suspicion you have no idea what the hell I am talking about when I say Force on Force rounds
>>
>>32914172
Simunition is fun, but not as serious.
>>
>>32915013
>world of tanks
>>
>>32915873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bzej-2F9BQ
>>
>>32915096
Not the guy you're replying to, but I don't know what Force on Force rounds is, pls explain
>>
>>32915096
It's basically the same thing as Simunitions. Don't be a fucking fanboy shill over which brand of paint-filled training rounds you prefer, there's hardly a god damn difference, and I say that having shot and been shot by both. The differences are negligible.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.