[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the F22 be brought back into production?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Should the F22 be brought back into production?
>>
>>32909638
Maybe in Block II form. There's obvious room for improvement, like the F-35's zero-maintenance RAM, and absolute essentials like replacing the flight computer with parts that are still being manufactured by companies that haven't gone out of business.
>>
>>32909638
No.

Now don't get me wrong, the F-22 should never have been cancelled. However, because it was cancelled, the cost of restarting production is too great. We made our bed, now we gotta lie in it.
>>
No, that money and effort would be better spent on the ever-encroaching sixth generation.
>>
>>32909638
no and fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>32909711
This. Hit all the low hanging fruit and extract more planes from the already sunk investment.
>>
>>32909638
no. it makes no sense at this point.
>>
>>32909638
A fantasize about a world where they just kept producing the F-22, including a carrier version and a strike version, and the F-35 never happened.
>>
No.

167 is far more 5th gen dedicated air-superiority fighters then any other nation is going to have in the reasonable future. By the time anyone can even come close to matching that F-35 production will be in full swing and the F-22 upgrade program complete, giving the US and its allies both qualitative and quantitative superiority.

There is no need for more Raptors and there is no room in the budget either, with the USAF wanting to procure F-35, B-21, GBSD and LRSO all at the same time.
>>
No

Chinese planes have already achieved parity with the capabilities of the F-22, it would be wise for America to research new technology alongside global leaders like Huawei to further the development of the human race.
>>
>>32909638
No.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.