[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Begginers first aid bags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Myshit.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Myshit.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
Alright /k, this is my first attempt at a emergency medical bag. i know i need ALOT more gauze but what else would you guys recommend, and what do you all think i dont need?
>>
North dakota go
>>
>>32909378
This isn't /k/ related
>>
>>32909378

My only advice is to be trained to use whatever you put in it.
>>
>>32910831
>only talk about guns is allowed on /k/
>>
>>32911238
>I can't even read the title on the top of the fucking page
>weapons
>medical bags
The man literally posted the opposite of this boards theme, stop meming and go back to /b/, shitposter.
>>
>>32909378
>hai guyz i dont know anything about basic first aid so i came to a weapons board for advice

you need to go outside and light yourself on fire at your earliest convenience.
>>
>>32910831
>everything I don't like isn't /k/ related.
Bug out bags, general survival info, etc... etc.... are /k/ related.
>>
>>32909378

>>32911199
This x100. Trying to use shit you don't understand can easily just make things worse, though there's plenty that should be pretty straightforward.
>>
A medical credential, gloves, pocket mask/bvm, chest seal, 4x4s, 2x2s, splinter outs, steri strips, and don't forget the fucking band aids.
>>
>>32911290
not really. try /out/
>>
>>32911329
>against anything related to survival knowledge
>doesn't realize there are threads like this all the time.
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>32909378
Pic related is a good place to start. Be forewarned though, I am not a medical professional so I cannot confirm whether or not pic related is completely factually correct or whether or not it's 1000% good advice.
As with everything on this site, take it with a grain of salt if you can.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1168x3437px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1168x3437px
>>32911343
I'm also a massive fucking idiot who can't remember to attach the picture after writing the world's dumbest run-on sentence.
>>
I'm buying/building an IFAK for hunting/ race war, will stay with me at all times, and it will contain
>6" Israel bandage
>2 packs of S folded gauze
>Cloth tape
>Sports bandage (bad sprains, snake/spider bites)
>Hyfin Twin pack chest seal
>CAT tourniquet
>2 pairs of gloves
>Shears
>Sharpie

My first aid kit is different to this, will stay in my day pack, and will contain
>1 sheet of ibuprofen, paracetamol, and an antihistamine
>20ish bandaids (regular sized and a few large sized)
>more cloth tape
>Antiseptic thick liquid
>Alcohol wipes
>20ish Ear buds (useful for applying antiseptic, also cleaning cuts)
>Melolite pads (these used with cloth tape can make a bandaid of any size or shape)
>more gloves
>chap stick
>>
First of all, you can usually just pack tape and a paper towel on your wound. Unless you're anemic it works.

Secondly, you're kind of retarded if you can't figure out a med bag. Just pack the same shit our corpsman did. There's a reason they do.
>>
>>32911653
>First of all, you can usually just pack tape and a paper towel on your wound. Unless you're anemic it works.
Yeah dude lmao let's tell all the EMT people they can just use paper towels instead of gauze XD

>Secondly, you're kind of retarded if you can't figure out a med bag
Most OTC medbags are full of useless (also low quality) shit, and are missing (or contain few of) the important shit
>>
>>32911672
You aren't an EMT...

The second part of your post was too retarded too respond. Like you aren't a person who knows words.
>>
>>32911283
>ifaks
>not military equipment

This is what autism looks like.
>>
>>32909378
all ya really need is half a roll of toilet paper, half a roll of duct tape, some scissors and some tylenol. you can make everything else with the TP and tape. The tape can be used as N-number of tourniquets too.
>>
>>32911689
You actually sound like an angsty 16 year old
>>
What are you aiming for? Individual First Aid Kit? Combat Lifesaver bag? Medical Aidbag?

Get an IFAK and know how to use it make sure your buddies know how to use it.

- Combat Gauze
- Compressed Gauze
- 6inch Roll Ace Bandage
- Occlusive Dressing
- NPA
- NCD Needle (might be tough to get)
- Kerlix
- TOURNIQUET
- 3 inch roll of tape

Training is the most valuable asset but not as readily available.
>>
>>32911621
Add a 6 inch ace bandage or compression bandage that ain't the ETB Israeli Bandage. They work great for groin/armpit area gauze compression.

TRAIN. LEARN. RETAIN.
>>
>>32911746
Might just be national terminology. Sports bandage is basically an elastic bandage, usually 3-4" in length. I'm sure I can find 6" however.
Thanks for the tip
>>
>>32911730
IM going for a general Bug out emergency kit. Nothing too crazy.
>>
>>32911199
>>32911283
hownew.ru
>>
>>32911890
Yeah you'll want an occlusive dressing, Israeli bandage, and tourniquet in there
>>
>>32909378
You don't need both peroxide AND isopropyl alcohol and you sure as fuck don't need 16 oz of either. Pick one and pour it into an 8 oz bottle or something.

Add some variety to your bandages or at least add some larger ones. An ACE roll would help as well.
>>
>>32911980
>>32911984
Thank you, ill get take both of you guys' advice.
>>
If you want to get really serious about first aid, I suggest take an EMR or EMT course, its long but it will help a lot in learning how to diagnose and use a lot of medical equipment
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.