[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the longest amount of time you've spent innawoods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 7A_-_ALICEpack.jpg (773KB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
7A_-_ALICEpack.jpg
773KB, 2000x1339px
What's the longest amount of time you've spent innawoods?
>>
>>32908530
977 days
>>
>>32908530
15 days desu. Philmont 2008
>>
Without a resupply? Two weeks I think.

With people bringing supplies in six weeks. Was leading a training group.

I think carrying food is the limiting factor, if you can manage to keep things clean and weather is good, water supply nearby, etc you can stay out as long as you keep getting food (and as long as you stay sane)
>>
2 days with absolutely nothing starting

only 6 with prep ime and a pack. Unfortunately work and making money is more important then spending an entire week or 2 almost dying in the Cascades
>>
>>32908566
shit son
care to tell?
>>
>>32908530
Im planning a trip out to some public land soon, You guys care to give me tips and reading mats so i can prepare..
its only gonna be a 5 day trip, 2 days hike in 2 days hike out and 1 day for leeway time.
Bringing basics and food.. and a 7.62 cal something. For mtn lions, pumas and that shit. just in case.
>>
I went camping for 9 days once. I came back with ptsd and Rambo muscles. U jelly faggots?
>>
>>32908697
>just in case
Lololol you tiny penis Internet retards are hilarious
>>
>>32908530
12 days in Mid Louisiana.
>>
>>32908697
Nothing besides don't be a retard. Do the Boy Scout shit - always go with a buddy.

If you're too autistic to have any friends and you want to violate this number one rule anyway (seriously don't go out alone) then do whatever you can to mitigate the consequences of not having a buddy should shtf. When I go out alone I take things easy, leave behind detailed notes and maps about my location and activities, keep my trips short, etc.
>>
A few days camping at a state park with my mom and dad, like everyone else here. Also: /k/ - weapons
>>
>>32908636
Got tired of society. Decided to remove myself from it for a while.
>>
I've never been innawoods before, what are the absolute bare essentials? I don't want to carry a pack, I want to survive.
>>
>>32908770
neat
>>
>>32908905
You're so full of shit. Grow up douchebag.
>>
>>32908983
ok
>>
>>32908948
About a months worth of research and reading.
>>
>>32909003
this guy.

read up, do some "canterbury" research
>>
1 week without a tent.

We built one of these but circular around the bass of a tree. It withstood a thunderstorm without leaks somehow.

got a fair few ticks though
>>
3 days. High adventure was split up and shit.

I'm planning a "long hunt" type trip for a week. It's brush terrain and about 100 sq/m. I'll be carrying the following:

+wrapped in Serbian Milsurp wool blanket:
>Fire equipment
>water purification
>2 x base layer change
>1 qt dutch oven
>food for 2 weeks
- Wrapped into a 2' x 1' and strapped to MilSurp MOLLE bladder and backpack

+Milsurp Bladder and backpack
>Will have condor MA54 admin pouch attached
>also alice mag pouch or fast mag pointed down.

+20" AR with SJC titan, acog/rmr,
-this is my all around rifle

Is M193 good enough for an 8 point buck? Anyone know of a factory supersonic 100 gr load? How about a subsonic 40 gr (yes I want basically a .22lr)
>>
>>32908530
30 days. Wind River Wilderness Area 2013. No Weapon other than a pocket knife and bear spray though.
Would do again.
>>
>>32911915
Fuck you I'm homeless
>>
>>32908697

Let someone know you are going for a trip. If you are a friendless basement dweller tell your mom. Tell your boss. Tell someone. Make sure someone comes looking if something goes south.

Make sure you have a means of contact to the outside world. Make sure you have a backup cell phone and a radio to make contact with forest rangers if all else fails. Make sure someone can come save you of you need saving.

Make sure you bring enough potable water or have a bullet proof water purification plan. "I will hike until I find a river then make a fire my rubbing two sticks together to boil it" isn't a plan. Ensure water is with you or on your route. Seriously, you will go through a shitload of water.

On that note make sure you have a foolproof fire starting plan. It's fine if you want to test your mettle and make a fire by rubbing two stick together, but have some storm matches and a lighter on standby.
>>
>>32908530
Not a fan of that set up for the alice anon, try this one next time
Inner top pouch: get a shamwow instead of a towel, theyre the shit.
Left ammo pouch:good
Middle ammo:good
Right ammo: literally why? I can maybe see the journal if you want something to occupy yourself with but how about some actual ammo.

Right outside: eh not horrible but not amazing, maybe some home made mre

zero deg bag is good

main: ditch the gas can and just make fire, provided you don't live I a highly forestfire prone area

overall not bad but I don't see any firearms or alcohol so I will give you a 7/10
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.