[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Stellar Kirin" successfully tests SM-3 Block IIA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: fiddycentBTFO.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fiddycentBTFO.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
https://news.usni.org/2017/02/06/standard-missile-3-block-iia-intercepts-target-in-space-for-first-time

>The U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the Japan Ministry of Defense and U.S. Navy successfully used a ship-launched Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) Block IIA to intercept a medium-range ballistic missile target for the first time on Friday night in Hawaii.

>In the Feb. 3 test, conducted at about 10:30 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (3:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Feb. 4), a target was launched from the Pacific Missile Range Facility at Kauai, according to a MDA statement. USS John Paul Jones (DDG-53) detected and tracked the target missile with its AN/SPY-1D(V) radar and Aegis Combat System Baseline 9.C2 system. The ship fired a SM-3 Block IIA – being jointly developed by the U.S. and Japan – and intercepted the target.

News releases from MDA and Raytheon add that preliminary data shows the test met its primary objectives, which include evaluating the performance of key missile components such as the kinetic warhead, divert and attitude control system, nosecone, steering control section, booster performance and second- and third-state rocket motor.

babby sprints coming soon to a VLS near you!
>>
File: thiskillsthefiddycent.jpg (824KB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
thiskillsthefiddycent.jpg
824KB, 3456x5184px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy50-BGr7mw

>Despite the larger size and greater capability, Stevison said no ship or VLS modifications were needed.

>“The ship itself is perfectly capable of launching a missile of this size, and we saw that executed near-flawlessly here Friday night,” he said.

>Overall, he said the test “was absolutely one of the smoothest tests I’ve seen conducted in my experience doing missile defense testing,” which he said was about 20 years. The preparation going into the test ensured everything went right and that all the needed data was collected to assess and help make improvements as needed going into the next test.

>The test event in Hawaii was also the first shipboard demonstration of Lockheed Martin’s Aegis Baseline 9.2 (BMD 5.1) Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) tracking and engagement capability, which is also set for certification in 2018. In tandem with the Baseline 9/BMD 5.1 software variant in development for the U.S. Navy, Lockheed Martin has been developing a comparable J7 variant for Japanese Aegis-equipped destroyers.
>>
File: sm3.jpg (668KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
sm3.jpg
668KB, 2550x3300px
>>32907666
>On the other hand, this SM-3 IIA is """much larger""" than the other Standard Missiles, creating some additional concerns.

much larger huh...
hyperbole or shitpost?
>>
>>32910197
He means diameter dumbass, not length.
>>
>>32910197
look at the change in volume
>>
File: sprint missile.webm (866KB, 484x360px) Image search: [Google]
sprint missile.webm
866KB, 484x360px
>>32907666
>babby sprints coming soon to a VLS near you!
My dick is ready.
>>
File: b23[1].png (473KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
b23[1].png
473KB, 600x706px
>>32907666
>Mid-course interception
>Useful against ASBMs in terminal phase
No.
>>
>>32910559
This.

And even if they were even sort of successful against the DF-21 it wouldn't change the morale damage that has been inflicted upon the American sailor. I think this will be the first year in a long time where American sailors refuse to sail, as they fear dying in the Western Pacific to Chinese missiles.
>>
>>32910590
Impressive

Chinese sailors lack children and therefore meaning to their lives, making them truly fearless against any threat.
>>
>>32910590
lel, you get a whole dollar for that one
>>
File: getout2.gif (471KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
getout2.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>32910590
Holy fuck. Dude.
>>
>>32914835
I'm pretty certain if /k/ had ID's that guy probably made a whole exchange of just himself. Gotta give Wang a pat on the back for that one though, took some effort.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.