[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AB3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1223.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
What is /k/s opinion on pic related?
Are bolt guns relevant and worth investing in?
>>
>>32907479
The only relevant rifles are Sakos (including Tikka) and those for which you can get an aftermarket trigger. All others have triggers so heavy as to be nearly useless.
>>
>>32907479
A bolt is literally the dumbest fucking magazine, on par with BAR for stupidity

>hurr durr lets give it a floor plate AND a detachable box guise
>>
>>32907479
For hunting sure I don't see why not, beats spending over a grand for an AR10 or what have you.
>>
>>32907857
The Savages with the Accutrigger are pretty neat though
>>
>>32907857
can confirm, tikka and sako are master race
>>
>>32907857

>All others have triggers so heavy as to be nearly useless

Whut

>Savage accutrigger
>Ruger ripoff of accutrigger
>Winchester MOA trigger

Not only are most guns shipping with good to great triggers now, trigger autism is borderline cancer. Unless it's a dedicated target rifle, your trigger should have some weight to it. One more point of control when you're heart is thumping out of your chest.
>>
>>32907479

Gas systems, 20+ round mags, and ergonomics that allow for a lot of control while firing rapidly are awesome when stuff might shoot back at you. Also, generally awesome.

But when you're goal is to climb a mountain, kill an ungulate with one shot, and then hike back down with it on your back, none of that is particularly useful.

Bolt guns are more accurate, lighter, cheaper, have less shit sticking out that gets in the way while carrying, and come in a wider variety of calibers.
>>
File: DSC_0032.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0032.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>32907479
The A-Bolt 3 is a much mass market oriented rifle than the regular A-Bolt and is effectively the same rifle as the Winchester XPR. The XPR has a slightly shittier stock and is $50 cheaper.

I like my XPR, though the whole rifle feels exceptionally cheap, more so than my Mossberg Patriot and on par with a Savage Axis II. It is, however, very accurate and is MOA capable using 180gr loads and shooting from a rest.

As for bolt guns, my XPR was $350 in 300WM, which is $2600 than a POF in the same caliber.

Also, the AB3/XPR use an absolutely terrible single stack box magazine that is honestly worse than even the 2 round box magazines used in bolt action shotguns.

Pic sort-of related, it is my Patriot, which is a better rifle than the AB3/XPR.
>>
File: two.jpg (1MB, 2592x987px) Image search: [Google]
two.jpg
1MB, 2592x987px
go on armslist and you'll probably find whatever you need and be able to talk them down to a deal price
pic related Weatherby Mark V and Remington BDL
>>
>>32907479
>Are bolt guns relevant and worth investing in?
Any bolt gun that has a good bolt is both a balance of ease of use and extending the plateaus of both skill and knowledge, otherwise they are known to have the best triggers over the semiautomatics.
>>
>>32908409

If what you're saying is true why do snipers prefer bolt action guns?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.