[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training Scars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Training Scar.jpg (107KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
Training Scar.jpg
107KB, 1154x1154px
Alright /k/ it's time to embarrass yourself and be ridiculed out of your bad habits. What's one training scar you beat and what's one you still have?

I see training scars all the time, most often it's poor trigger discipline and re-holstering procedures.

>The one I beat
Not trapping the trigger because the gunshot startled me as a kid.

>Why I still suck
Sometimes while performing an emergency reload I don't take my trigger finger out of the trigger guard
>>
>>32904382
I often get "lazy" when mag dumping or speed shooting and focus on the target not the front sight.

It has a pronounced effect on the patterns.
>>
When I drop a magazine, I kick it behind me.
>>
>>32904382
I've trained in my right eye as dominant.
Still working on reloads and checking chamber under stress.
>>
>>32904881
How are you suppose to quickly acquire a target and keep focus on the front post?
>>
File: 1485835029639.png (124KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
1485835029639.png
124KB, 600x570px
>>the one i beat
Goddamn Garand thumb
>>One I still have
Sloppy stances
>>
File: best sights, Adv. Tac. Pyramid.png (189KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
best sights, Adv. Tac. Pyramid.png
189KB, 500x403px
>>32904958
DESU I notice that I transition to target focused aiming after the first shot in a string of fire and I don't see that as a training scar. That's what keeps my groups the tightest and it's where big dots or pyramidal sights really come into their own.

pic related: my favorite sights
>>
>>32904382
I know a guy that broke a finger slamming his hand in the feed tray cover of an m2.
>>
>>32905147
Hue

>The one I beat
Used to draw and find my rear sights above and hiding my front post. Scar from shooting Glock/Luger/other steep grip angle too much. Now I draw with the nose of the gun slightly elevated, put the front sight on target and then bring the rear into place if precise aiming is necessary.

Sidenote: it helps me keep my front sight visible during rapid fire up close as well, and so long as I'm aware that the angle of the pistol will send the first rounds high I can get them on target without trouble.

>The one I still have
When I rapid fire for precision I find myself forgetting to breathe until my vision blurs instead of just using my respiratory pause.
>>
>>32904958
If you're close enough that you have to quickly acquire the target you won't be using your sights as much, at least you shouldn't be because you need to be quick. If your target is further away you can count more on him being a bad shot long enough to line up a good shot.

That leads to mine, I always wait until the shot is lined up perfectly before firing. I have some damn good groups but when it came to speed shooting I was shit.

The goal is to balance speed and accuracy.
>>
>>32904382
I usually rest my thumbs on the frame if there's a ledge made by where the frame meets the slide. It's great for accuracy and if you're using a gun with a safety, because just the act of getting into your shooting grip turns it off and holds it down so you don't question whether it's on. However, when I transition back to glocks my thumb always ends up on the goddamn slide stop nub. Probably would be the same with SIG's. It irks me when manufacturers put it right there...
>>
>>32904382
i do the robocop spin with guns
hasnt bit me in the ass yet but it might eventually
>>
>>32904382
>One I Beat
Not properly seating the magazine with push/pull or confirmation tap

>One I Still have
Breaking my grip to release the magazine on my CPL
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.