[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rate, /k/ritisize, h8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: LeRange.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
LeRange.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
So I started getting into shooting more and finally picked up a walther 9mm and a Taurus .40 to take to my range, if you can call it that, that I built. I practiced shooting from cover at about 15 yards, popping aiming and shooting spending no more than 3 seconds uncovered. Then took my time shooting at 25 yards.

I know I'm about to get shit, especially for the .40 (it was free), but any advice on how to improve my aim from shooting from coverand any general tips on pistol firing a would be appreciated

>tl;dr rate, h8, and advise
>>
File: IMAG0851.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0851.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
15 yards cover shots
>>
File: IMAG0855.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0855.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
>>32903333
25 yard standing shots
>>
>>32903333
Forgot to add, fired a total of 20 times
>>
File: IMAG0850.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0850.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
Shameful self bump
>>
File: IMAG0177.jpg (622KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0177.jpg
622KB, 1520x2688px
Shameless self bump
>>
>>32903277
Stop doing the 15 yard pop out of cover thing. You're trying to run before you can walk. On the 25 yard shots, quit aiming for the head. Concentrate on getting your shots into a tight group in the 10 and X rings.

Go back to your fundamentals- grip, stance, sight picture, and breathing. Slow down. Take your time with every shot. The idea is to put each bullet where you want it, not to have the most shots in the air.

Once you get to the point where you're consistently putting a group the size of a tennis ball into the X ring, start working on speed. Do that by firing doubles- shot and follow up shot as quickly as possible. Second shot has to land within 3 inches of the first shot. Keep working it until you can consistently do that. Once you're at that spot, start timing yourself.

Easy way to do that is with the voice memo app on your phone. That'll allow you to get accurate times to within 1/100th of a second. Do it like- bang, bang, then say if it was a good shoot. Call both shots, location and distance from each other. It doesn't have to be precise, you can say something like "X and 10, about 3."

The idea here is, you want to keep your groups the same size while working on your speed. The more you practice, the faster you'll get better.

This all happens at 25 yards, btw.

Now, about tennis balls. Get 6 of them, use fishing line to hang them from a target frame. Different heights is best. Number them with a Sharpie, 1-6. Get a regular dice. Roll the dice, put a shot into the ball with that number. Fire until you hit. Half minute later, roll the dice and hope it's not the number for the ball that's still swinging. Once you get good at this, get another dice in a different color. Roll 2 dice, shoot 2 balls. The original dice always represents the first ball you shoot, you can't shoot the second one until the first one is hit. If you haven't hit both balls when your mag runs dry, chalk it up as a loss. Reload and re-roll.
>>
Living in the middle of nowhere and only having the misfortune of reading everyone's range horror stories is great.
>>
>>32903351

IF YOU CAN'T MAKE CONSISTENT HEADSHOTS AT 25 YARDS, YOU SHOULD BE SHOOTING CENTER MASS.
>>
>>32905612

Not OP, but that second one is a really awesome drill. Do you shoot 3-gun?
>>
>>32905612
You can keep adding dice all day long. Don't add more than your mag capacity, though. There's also 4, 8, 10, 12, and 20 sided dice if you want to add more tennis balls. Get some hourglasses, set for different times, to use as timers for this.

All of your practice should be at 25 yards. Once you can hit at that distance, anything closer is a cinch.
>>
>>32903277
you have no bullet trap. Use that bigass trunk pile and stack them up /\/\/\/\ style from top view so your bullets dont go flying another halfmile.

This guy >>32905612 has good points, but fuck that mess. you're out there to have fun, not 'I am become Katana, become disiprine'.

You want to get that first shot right where you want it, so invest in a 100pak of neon colored mixpak 3x5 index cards and staple them bitches everywhere. pick a color and go to town however you want. Kung-fu roll? Sure. Spetznaz backflip tomahawk-to-pistol? Why not? Rolly Poley 50x thru the grass? Go for it. Just make sure you practice it first so you don't blow ur dick off. Just have fun while being safe, the rest will come naturally in time.
>>
>>32905650
I do no competitive shooting of any sort. But I do like to play these kinds of games to keep it interesting. I used to shoot tennis balls and cow melons at the Manteca Sportsman's Club, back when you had to go into the bar to pay your range fee.
>>
>>32905612
thanks for the input anon. 2 days ago I couldn't even get 10" groups so I think I'm improving at standing. I put up skeets and hit 9/10 at 25 yards a few hours ago. Already running about 200 rounds a day but damn walthers are fun to shoot.

I plan to keep going for headshots until I can get 90% hits.
>>
>>32903333
>>32903351
You killed the little girl behind your target
>>
File: 1486343323295.jpg (33KB, 428x627px) Image search: [Google]
1486343323295.jpg
33KB, 428x627px
>>
File: 1486319720398.jpg (163KB, 456x457px) Image search: [Google]
1486319720398.jpg
163KB, 456x457px
It's even more important that you ponder the jq
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.