[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

want to buy my first gun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Unknown.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
Hi, I want to purchase my first gun, I want to get into hunting maybe at some point but right now just want something that I can use to get out of the house and go shoot in the desert (I'm in AZ) I hear gunfire all the time so I know where to go in the desert.

problem is I have moderate Tourettes, I have vocal and motor tics, My vocal tics are basically things I shouldn't say at some point in time, so imagine sitting in an airport waiting to board and I get the urge to yell "I HAVE A BOMB" thats basically me but the words vary depending on situation/enviroment.

I dont think anyone would sell me a gun if I start yelling bad stuff out in the middle of a store loaded with other customers.

Is there a disability firearms group or something where I can get more info?
>>
With those motor tics, I don't want you to own a firearm.
>>
>>32898910
Just talk to the dealer for awhile. Having a tic shouldn't preclude you from life's endeavors
>>
Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

You do that shit in a store and nobodies gonna sell you shit.
>>
>>32898945
mentally defective in this case would have to be certifiable by a competent medical authority as defective and not just "his head ain't work right"

Still though OP there are some things that people really shouldn't do when they have the problem you describe and owning a gun is kinda up there.

If you do go buy one i'd suggest a local dealer you can talk to about your issue before you buy or see if you can get something to balance you out

you ever acted on any of the things you shout? IE prone to violence and what not?
>>
>>32898945

I've never been put in a insane asylum.
>>
>>32899003

No, I have a full time job, my own house and car, I have a perfectly clean criminal record,ect

No link to violence, which is the usual with motor tics.
>>
>>32899003
It wouldn't have to be certified by shit.

>having reasonable cause to believe

Pretty sure spazzing out and spouting he has a bomb, or want's to shoot kids or some sick shit would give a motherfucker reasonable cause to believe.
>>
There is a /kommando here who has tourettes OP, maybe he will see this and give you advice.

one of his tics was to accelerate rapidly with his car or something.
>>
>>32899033
meh if you could prove it didn't effect your hands i'd sell you a gun

i'd probably hunt with you for laughs as you shout at the animals
>>
>>32899035
maybe if they are retarded and think tourettes doesn't really exist or doesn't know

consequently most people who run a business aren't that retarded but kids like you exist so maybe if he just avoids people like you
>>
>>32899082
Yeah because it would be completely retarded to not want to risk said business for a stranger that they don't know and have never met that has tics like OP described. How ridiculous.
>>
>>32898910
>Is there a disability firearms group or something where I can get more info?
You're already on /k/
>>
>>32899120
how would it be a risk to the business?

unless selling to someone with tourettes is specifically written as illegal then how would they be held responsible?
>>
>>32898945

America has a history of creating mentally ill people and using mental institutions as political prisons and tools of oppression.

Our parents were born in an age where lobotomized people were common.

To this day weed, opium, magic mushrooms, etc are illegal as all fuck. The police will willingly turn you into a second class citizen for having them.

However, the pharmaceutical industry can sell you drugs that make you insane or outright kill you. And its legal. Antidepressants are used to sterilize people and destroy sexual urges, too. Depopulation.

There's a YouTube video that's a compilation of the end part of pharmaceutical advertisements on TV where it lists the side effects. This country is stupid as hell.

Its legal for you to cut off your penis and create an open wound to simulate a vagina, AND its legal for these people to have guns...

It's not legal for you to have gun rights if the government drives you insane or you like to use narcotics.... The CIA has actually turned people into vegetables without their consent, dude.

There are some laws that just need to be ignored and removed.

Everyones mind is different and we understand next to nothing about the human mind.

Destroying citizens lives over things we can't understand isn't just.
>>
>>32898945
Do you understand what "adjudicated mental defective" means? Cause I think you don't
>>
File: happy_roker.jpg (31KB, 442x468px) Image search: [Google]
happy_roker.jpg
31KB, 442x468px
>>32899136
>>
>>32899181
he's going off the "reasonable suspicion" portion of the verbiage as opposed to the "Adjudicated" portion.

how the government is supposed to know that the seller himself was suspicious is just a check safe to everyone but the guy who thinks the govt can read minds
>>
>>32899157
Let's go through reeeaaaaal easy and slow for you.
Imagine you own a gun store. One day a new customer walks in. You have never seen this individual before. You do not know this person. Said customer loudly proclaims out of nowhere "I want to kill the president!" (or some other such thing shoot up a kindergarten whatever), and carries on like normal, informs you "oh that was just my tourettes acting up", "I'd like to purchase this AR". Would you, as the proprietor of this imaginary store, feel comfortable selling this stranger a gun?
>>
>>32899199
>sure do you have any proof of your medical issue for my sake?
>>
>>32898945
>was in a partial hospitalization program at 17 for help with self harm
Am I fucked?
>>
>>32899221

yep.
>>
>>32899215
Perhaps, I'll concede that could be a possible outcome. However I believe it would be a long shot at best and most shop owners would just see this situation as headache not worth any potential problems and simply refuse the sale.
>>
>>32899258
https://www.tourettes-action.org.uk/12-ta-id-cards.html

yeah but a long shot is better than a legal sure stop. People have sold guns to the blind.

Either way if OP hasn't abandoned his thread then its worth the attempt as the only thing they can do is tell you yes or no.
>>
>>32899226
>>32899221
He wont be able to buy from an FFL, but private sale is still game iirc
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.