[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China taking back lands from Russia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

Can China possibly take certain lands from Russia, like parts of the Russian Far East, Kuril Islands, and Sakhalin by military force if they are unable to negotiate for them?
>>
the last time china tried this the USSR was ready to nuke them
>>
>>32898052
But Russia is weaker now, I thought they were China's gas station. All that lost territory stolen and robbed from the Czarist Russia, Soviets didnt give a fuck, so now Russian Federation may be attacked one day. I'm unless Putin is trying to trump China, by using Trump as his attack dog.
Vatnik's for Trump and Chinks for HiLIARy.
>>
>>32898227
You have to compare the cost of the economic damage a war would do to China with the economic benefit of reclaiming said land.

Potential cost: billions of dollars, probably well over 10,000 lives, deep political mistrust
Potential benefit: uhh, like $3.50
>>
>>32898264
I do wanna see the
PAKFA vs J20 & J31
Black Eagle vs ZTZ99G
T-95 vs ZTZ99G
T90S vs ZTZ 99G
T-14 Armata vs ZTZ 99G and VT4
Ka50, Ka52, Mi28 vs WZ-10 & WZ-19
>>
File: 1364060258099.jpg (190KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1364060258099.jpg
190KB, 720x540px
>>32897998

>Billion man clone army vs Drunken psychopaths

Vietnam would jump right intro the fray quick. The Vietnamese hate the Chinese worse than the Chinese hate the Japanese.

All of Asia would destabilize fast.

One by one it'd transform into warlord Africa.

>China gets into 3 front war while sending fleets to retake Taiwan
>Koreas go at it
>Japanese go full blown imperial once again taking advantage of the situation
>Thailand invades Cambodia
>Pakistan and India go at it
>Burma walks into Bangladesh
>Indonesia and Philippines turn into hostile islands

God, it'd be a contractors dream come true.
>>
>>32898346
>>All of Asia would destabilize fast.

followed by most of the world economy. Unless the Japanese take hold.
>>
>>32898346
Vietnamese dont hate Frenchy frogs and Burgers?

Japan going full imperial?
I thought the nips were pussified.
>>
>>32898527
>>Vietnamese dont hate Frenchy frogs and Burgers?

I didn't say they did. What I said was in a scenario where China and Russia go at it. Asia would destabilize quickly. One instance being Vietnamese hate the Chinese, they'd invade China the minute Russian troops cross through.

And as for Japan, with China falling apart quickly and a damaged U.S economy from the war. They'd don't have a big adversary anymore, so for them to rebuild themselves. They'd take it in a heart beat especially with a weakened China. Plus with the Koreas going at it, they'd need to prepare for war fast.
>>
File: 1459663438804.jpg (458KB, 1200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1459663438804.jpg
458KB, 1200x3000px
The Russians will launch nukes before they let the Chinese take an inch of land. Theoretically, the Chinese could take it if there were no nukes, but it's mostly empty land which the Russians would abandon after scorching until the Chinese military overextends its reach.

It would be the most retarded invasion ever. At least Hitler and Napoleon tried to take the good parts of Russia.
>>
>>32897998
Sans nukes, easily. The Russian far east is like another planet, they have very little ability to keep it in supply from actual Russia in the west.

But nukes, so it'll never happen.
>>
>>32898527
>Vietnamese dont hate Frenchy frogs and Burgers?
Vietnamese quite like the French and Americans.
>>
>>32898744
you mean South Vietnamese and anti communist Vietnamese that like the those two, why the fuck would legit commie loving dinks like Americans and French?
>>
>>32898986
Because they produce a lot of culture and are not the Chinese.
>>
>>32898986
>why the fuck would legit commie loving dinks like Americans and French?
Because the war was a relatively long time ago, and most Vietnamese weren't even alive then.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 460x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 460x373px
>>32898415
>>32898346
>elect trump
>the world goes back into 1980s mode

Oh my stars am I hype
>>
>>32898999
Vietnam does have some close ties to France and Ho Chi Minh was big ameriboo
>>
>>32897998
>China taking back lands from Russia

>Kuril Islands
>Sakhalin

As far as I those have not been being part of china ever in the case of kuril and in the case of Sakhalin it has not been Chinese since the 17th century.
>>
>>32898227
Got to admit, its bretty funny that the Russians are milking the shit out of Siberia when its the Chinese who have known the area for millenia (like holy shit they murder-genocide the Xiongnu with en masse cavalry and crossbows up to lake Baikal 1000 years before Genghis)prior and didn't do anything about it.
But in any case, they can't do anything about it now because the Russians can just nuke the everloving shit out of whatever Chinese Army that crosses the border, and they can't even escalate in retaliation because the Russians can vaporize the entirety of the Chinese civilization from the face of the Earth anyways.
>>
>>32899168
Pan-Asian/yellow nationalism, easier to manipulate the Nip-Japs.
>>
>>32899172
That would be nice, if Russia wiped out China and no American intervention, actually be better for US, no China, no debt to China, but then fucking Vietnam, Mexico, India, Pakistan, and other shit tier turd world nation would fill the void left by Chinka.
>>
File: Napoleon.jpg (67KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon.jpg
67KB, 680x1020px
>>32897998
I hate when /k/ tries to talk about geopolitics or warfare in general.

Why can't /k/ stick to guns, as opposed to talking about things the majority knows nothing about, save for a version passed through a filter of pop culture and memes?
>>
>>32899212
>as he whines on /k/

Pottery
>>
>>32899172
you realize the Chinese can also wipe Russian civilization off the face of the planet too, right? That's what happens when 2 Big 5 powers are in close proximity to each other. There are only 12 cities in Russia with population over 1 million.
>>
>>32899253
Russia's got way more nukes than China.
>>
>>32899269
does it matter at that point? Russian inventory during the cold war was greater than the US', but do you think the Russian state would have survived a nuclear exchange with the US?
>>
>>32899253
>you realize the Chinese can also wipe Russian civilization off the face of the planet too, right? That's what happens when 2 Big 5 powers are in close proximity to each other. There are only 12 cities in Russia with population over 1 million.
The Russians have way more strategic weapons and not just nukes they can use for counterforce, plus late model S-300s and S-300Vs and S-400s have terminal anti-IRBM capability and guess which makes the majority of the Chinese nuke arsenal?
>>
>>32897998
1)Chinese haven't successfully invaded anyone for centuries except Tibet. The idea that they can successfully pull off the invasion of a country that is historically one of the hardest to invade is not very plausible.

2)Nukes make it a moot point anyway, not to mention lesser deterrents.

3)Chinese are rational people, and the rationality of invading a gigantic empty mosquito-filled taiga is rather questionable.

4)It is orders of magnitude cheaper for them to buy resources from Russia than to invade, rebuild the infrastructure and develop them themselves.
>>
>>32899054
I did hear he had a nice hotel
>>
>>32899405
Didn't they liberate Best Korea and Vietnam from the Burgers.
>>
>>32899480
Korea arguably yes, but they did not really invade it, as I understand it they joined as ally to support the losing North Koreans and succeeded in quickly rolling back the US advance.

Vietnam, I wouldn't say so at all. In fact they tried to invade Vietnam soon after the Vietnam War, with unimpressive results.
>>
>>32897998
They could take it for a short time.

Russia keeps most of its military power in the West, near NATO, Ukraine, Georgia, the ME and all the other constant hotspots. The Far East Military District, while it has been getting some new equipment, does not have new equipment, one unit retiring T-55 as late as 2008. Reinforcement would slow, as moving heavy equipment across Asia over a single rail line is slow even in peacetime.

China has far easier logistics and all of its forces available for the attack. With qualitative, numerical and logistical superiority Chinese victory is all but assured in a conventional conflict.

The chances of such a conflict staying conventional are rather slim. Lost wars bring down governments and the current Russian administration rather likes their place in power. With the introduction of Russian tactical nuclear systems the balance starts to swing in their favor. China does not possess any tactical nuclear systems to use to respond in kind and thus would be forced to either back down, escalate to deescalate with strategic weapons or use part of small (~300 warhead) arsenal and MRBM force to hit military targets in the Far East district and hope they are not needed later. Whatever the choice the costs far outweigh any potential gains.
>>
>>32899288
There's a huge gap in nuclear capabilities. Russia and the USA are both around 7000 nuclear warheads. Next comes France and China with about 300 each. The UK has around 200. India and Pakistan are both around 120. Israel is most likely under 100. North Korea has around 10.

Russia has much more capabilities, higher yields and better missiles technology than China.
>>
>>32898986
China is next door and has invaded more times than France and the us combined.

Plus they think they won so they feel good about the war.
>>
>>32898527
Vietnam doesn't like other countries much, but it does business with them. But, there is one country Vietnam hates with a burning passion: China.
>>
File: US strike on Chinese nukes.png (44KB, 669x458px) Image search: [Google]
US strike on Chinese nukes.png
44KB, 669x458px
>>32899288
A counter-force strike leaves China with very few weapons left, low enough that even the little ABM the US and Russia have could actually starts to be a factor.

A Chinese response could kill a lot of people but it would be far fewer then WWII or even WWI losses. It would even be less then what the UK considers the minimum retaliatory capability and they have less nukes then the Chinese, just far better delivery and survivability.
>>
Not to mention that any Chinese aggression would throw Russia right into US arms, which is about the last thing anyone in China wants.
>>
>>32899588
Is it a historical beef, or just butthirt from the last time they knocked heads in the 1970's?
>>
>>32899521
You probably shouldn't comment on historical matters again
>>
>>32899557
And only 12 cities that matter, you get the point, right? I'm not saying the PRC has a near peer nuclear arm vis a vis the russians. I'm saying the russians cannot use the nuclear card with impunity.
>>
>>32899589
Look. 12 targets in russia for the 2nd arty to do counter value against. That math isn't hard. Go to fucking bed, oppenheimer.
>>
>>32899597
It's a nobody fucking want your retarded ass here so you need to gtfo.
>>
>>32899624
Brits say you need an absolute minimum of 30 warheads plus penetration aids for four city targets.

Modern Russian cities are not 1940s Japanese paper cities.
>>
>>32898527

Frogs and Burgers were a problem for Vietnamese only for a short time.... China has been a scourge for them for hundreds of years... if not for a full millenium.
>>
>>32899675
You realize there are things called IRBMs, right. The chart you posted was for ICBMs, since the target was the US.
>>
>>32899684
And targets in Eroupean Russia are very far away from China as well. Only Chinese system that can range St Petersburg and not the US is the DF-4, which they have all of 20 of and area all in silo and thus would be lost to counterforce anyways.
>>
>>32899597
>Is it a historical beef, or just butthirt from the last time they knocked heads in the 1970's?
They've been knocking heads for a long, long time.

Vietnamese streets aren't named after generals who fought USA (except for Uncle Ho of course), they're named after generals who fought China, win or lose, since as far back as about 0CE.

A Chinese king conquered what became North Vietnam in about 200BCE and he was then conquered by the Chinese emperor in 100BCE. It rebelled against the empire every 100 years or so (sometimes successfully for a little while) until finally it kicked the Chinese out for good in 938CE.

The way that other countries have King Author stories or Fairy tales...Vietnamese have stories about rebel generals leading their countrymen to glorious defeat at the hands of the cruel Chinese oppressors. Except for Ngô Quyền who was the one who took advantage of internal conflict and numerous outer province rebellions to finally break away in glorious victory. Even then, a few centuries later China got around to reconquering them but that only lasted about five minutes and another general called Lê Lợi wore them down with VietCong style tactics.

After Lê Lợi became king, China tried one last time but ended very, very badly when they were slaughtered them in a succession of battles with guerilla trickery, false betrayals and deception all over the place.

And basically China still tries to move the border a little from time to time, last was in the 90s I think but their armies probably still skirmish to this day though the borders are open to regular traffic (I've crossed one as a backpacker one, a lot of scrutiny but that's because almost no westerners go through those crossings).
>>
>>32899683
>China has been a scourge for them for hundreds of years... if not for a full millenium
One millennium as an actual scourge.
One millennium as an aggressive neighbour who needs to be resisted constantly.
>>
>>32899701
You're retarded.

Leave the number game to people with triple digit IQ, ok?
>>
>>32899405
>implying the eastern provinces aren't chock full of metals such as titanium which the chinese desperately need
>implying russian's eastern distrct isn't weak as fuck in terms of military defense
>>
>>32899716
How about you try raising some objections which weren't already addressed in the post you are replying to in the first place?
>>
>>32899714
>Proven wrong with numbers
But...but your retarded!

Real smooth kid.
>>
>>32899730
What numbers? The shit you pulled out of your ass?

Fuck, talking to you is painful, so I will just make this short and sweet. 2nd arty will target eastern cities with IRBMs, and get the western ones with the surviving DF 31 and 41. Assuming all jl2 platforms are dead. This will be starting from a high readiness status. Look at the top 12 cities in Russia, put them on a fucking map, then go fuck yourself, you dumb shit.
>>
>>32897998
I'd dearly fucking hope that the US would offer financial and military support if China ever tried to annex parts of Russia.

That said, in the early days of any sort of conflict, open or proxy, Russia would be able to stay highly competitive. China would more then likely succeed if it was dragged out over several years without other countries stepping in.
>>
>>32899778
US saving and or helping Russia's ass?
I like that a lot.
>>
>>32899778
>>32899793
the bear and the dragon time. One of the worst books I've read.
>>
>>32899726
are you le retarded xdddd no one mentioned the shitty state of the eastern meme district and the rich minerals which putin would sell to china for many shekels and rubles to the person who I was replying to
unfuck yourself nigga shieeet
>>
>>32899707
Cracking tale Chap. Thankyou.
>>
>>32899588

>MFW if Vietnam and the Japanese allied they'd be a cry for war before you could say great wall.
>>
>>32899624
Thats not Oppenheimer.
>>
When was the last time the Chinese won a war?
>>
>>32902729
Korea?
>>
>>32899764
1. Its not SAC anymore. Its PLARF
2. You are assuming that Chinese command and control is able to control surviving nuclear forces.
3. You are not accounting for Russian non-strategic nuclear weapons which would be delivered with good precision and quick response time to hit TOO.
>>
>>32897998
"Back"? They didn't hold them. Fucking chinks need to fuck off.
>>
>>32902791
If china took Sakhalin and Kuril that would piss off the Japs.
>>
>>32902743
>lose several hundred thousand KIA in an invasion
>status quo ante bellum

Apparently Mao was a lot more concerned about the US after that whole experience.
>>
>>32902685
I figured that out as soon as he said "then" instead of "than". Bitch can't even fucking into grammar.
>>
china lacks a chain of command to safeguard against coups
they may have the numbers and equipment, but they will not go anywhere without command
>>
>>32904110
The entire goal was status quo antebellum, they just wanted a buffer. Didn't really give a shit about Korea or Koreans.
>>
>>32902743
actually vietnam 1979.

>>32904110
>status quo ante bellum
Which was exactly the terms offered to the UN before the PVA crossed over. If you can't recognize that Korea was a resounding strategic victory for the PLA, you should probably go fucking kill yourself, because no one this dumb deserves to live.
>>
>>32904396
>china lacks a chain of command to safeguard against coups
dumbest fucking post in this thread...well, maybe not really, but still dumb as FUCK.

What is the CMC? Which organization are the GAs subordinate to?
>>
>>32898346
>vietnam
>invading anybody

The minute they leave the cover of the jungle I am quite sure they'll be blasted 3 ways to sunday.

Not to disregard their fighting spirit but conventionally Vietnam doesn't even have near amount of arms and armor to even attempt an invasion
>>
File: type 99.png (1MB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
type 99.png
1MB, 1000x598px
>>32898346

Reminder that the the Vietnamese are tough as fuck.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=62511&start=30

>Even without their commanders the VN troops did not give out their position. Even their wounded did not scream. They quickly move the wounded out of the area after the flare went down. Their discipline was unbelievable.
>>
>>32904403
can you call Vietnam a victory for the Chinks?
>>
>>32904582
1979? absolutely. Did the Soviets intervene? And look at what happened to Vietnam as a country after that. 2 lost decades of economic growth to fortify the northern border.
>>
>>32899707
That's Vietnamese side of story.

Chinese side of story.

Chinese settlers bought civilization to half naked savages living on what's now Vietnam. Vietnam was integrated part of China for a thousand year as Chinese settlers civilized those savages. Vietnam become "Independent" in 938 CE when a warlord setup up independent regime along with hundreds other warlords at same time because central government collapsed in a civil war.

After China was reunited in the north, it never bother to conquer Vietnam because there were heavy military pressure in the North fight steppe empire.

Not much happens for few hundred years until Mongol invaded and Vietnamese eventually submitted.

After Mongol got kicked out of China, China invaded Vietnam and made it integral part of Ming China for ~25 years. Then Vietnamese got uppity and rebelled again during New Year(Tet Offensive of 1440s).

China never bother to invade Vietnam again because there were heavy pressure along northern borders.
>>
>>32904744
t. Xi Jinping
>>
>>32897998
Only Chinese/Russia intelligence knows about it.
Even military analysts's estimation is vague.
(They mainly talk about past)
>>
>>32898337
If they were equipped equally, Russia would wipe out China's military.
And the equipment advantage os Russia's.
>>
>>32899253
No they can't. China doesn't have enough nukes for that and Russia's Nuclear Forces are far more modern than anything the Chinese have. If China launches a preemptive nuclear attack, Russian has still the means to nuke out of existence more than 40% of China's population essentially sending them back to the 13th century, but with now with 800% more radiation and cancer. China knows that, which is why they're so keen is making Russia one their main trading partners, so that they become so dependent on one another that they perspective of war becomes utter insanity.
>>
>>32904501
>At this point we knew our forward position has been by over ran by enemy. 0530, with the support of a howitzer Bnt, we launched our counterattack. Within half an hour, we took our position back.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>32904501
>July 14, we gave signal to let the VN to recover their dead. We ask them to carry a red cross flag, under 50 people and no weapons. 60 to 70 VN troops showed up and without any flag. Once we notice they were breaking the agreement by carrying an AA gun, we open fired. We did not care. None of the 60 survived. No more recovery detail was conducted afterward.
>>
File: DW Brutal.png (182KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DW Brutal.png
182KB, 400x400px
>>32906349
>>
>>32904744
>Not much happens for few hundred years until Mongol invaded and Vietnamese eventually submitted.
Vietnamese kicked mongols out of their country too.
>>
File: Wangchung skull regiment 1933.jpg (122KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Wangchung skull regiment 1933.jpg
122KB, 500x371px
>>32897998
Russia and China fighting?

Where's the Kwangtung Army when you really need them?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.