[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ Someone I know on Facebook is posting a bunch of flat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 3206793856.jpg (25KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
3206793856.jpg
25KB, 600x343px
Hey /k/

Someone I know on Facebook is posting a bunch of flat out false information about firearms and how many people they kill. I need some factual sourced infographs to counter their bullshit.

They are one of the most liberal anti-gun people I have ever met. None of this will change their mind but I hope it will inform the blind masses agreeing with her on banning guns.
pic not related
>>
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-facts/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBrxjLcuygRlG9Tgdw2CiHtV9g1kgUwZGRnieYBpwSo/edit
>>
>>32895259
Very nice, thanks anon
>>
>>32895288
Post aftermath salt screencaps
>>
>>32895406
This is the most recent thing they posted. What should I link/post in response?
>>
>>32895472
its 100x easier to import a babby killing assault muslim than it is to import a babby killing salt rifle
>>
>>32895490
I need factual sourced information. I'm trying to remain peaceful because I'm related to them
>>
>>32895509
Don't bother arguing over the internet is pointless especially against people posting this.
It's much easier to talk about it in person.
>>
>>32895525
The live multiple states away from me. I see them maybe once a year and when I try to counter their bullshit I am outnumbered 8 to 1 because of all the retarded libs in my family
>>
>>32895472
Maybe use the Obama quote about if we prevent just one death it is worth it bullshit. Ask them why that should only apply to guns and not the people actually using them?
>>
>>32895472
The stuff on that isnt false, but just call him on his bullshit for mudding the issue by bringing in an unrelated XO.
>>
File: 1483474355309.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483474355309.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>32895472
>CNN
>Huffington Post
>mfw reading these sources
>>
>>32895525
>Don't bother arguing over the internet
agrred. you can beat them over the head with facts and logic but that only makes them mad. they play the "muh childrens" card and then proceed to flip over the table so the game is over.
>>
>>32895472
Link to CDC data on alcohol and tobacco deaths in the US each year. Last time I checked, tobacco was getting real close to a half million per year and alcohol was at something like 88K. Then ask why she's not wetting her pants about those numbers. Close with something like "This isn't about saving lives, is it?"

You can also mention that the Pulse nightclub shooting and the San Bernardino shooting were both done by Islamic extremists, and ask why she's including those in her non-Islamic shooting numbers. Bring up the Boston Marathon bombing just to put another data point out there.

You can get a fair amount of mileage from the Pulse shooting. Put the right spin on it, you can accuse her of being a homophobe.

Tell her that you fail to see how a travel ban leads to mass shootings. She'll reply to the effect that they don't, at which point you ask her why she's implying that with her pic.
>>
>>32895249

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-U6nhiF3vXeNkB3XThjBhV8uXVHPef9n
>>
>>32898842
The second number is still 0.
>>
>>32895472
Point out that nothing in Trump's travel ban singles out individuals on the basis of race ir religion and follow up with any statistic about the number of people murdered by plain old fashioned violence in the sane time (with sources)

You'll be ignored though, because fuck logic
>>
>>32898871
The second point is purposefully misrepresentative anyways. The number of Muslim Terrorists from those countries may in fact be zero - but the Trump administration is taking steps to make sure that number stays zero by implementing more rigorous vetting processes on these 7 countries that have ALREADY BEEN IDENTIFIED as potential threats, mainly because of their refugee immigration numbers.
>then why aren't the same processes being implemented for other countries?
Because liberals would shit their pants, as they are doing now. If Trump had his way the country would be locked up tighter than Fort Knox's warden's daughter's virginity; the fact these 7 countries have been targeted by a previous, Democratic administration just gives him an easier jumping-off point.
Besides, the point of legislation like this is to be proactive, not reactive.
>>
>>32895249
so to counter a bunch of libtards, you come to 4chan k/ and ask a separate bunch of retards.

Why don't you do your own fucking research?
>>
>>32895249
It's been said,
But just don't engage man,
Let it go.
Your life will be infinitely better if you just ignore whatever people post on facebook.
If you guys are in person by all means, strike up a conversation using knowledge you've gained from the websites and don't be an arrogant jerk about it, you could engage and have a much better conversation about it. Maybe find out where their facts are coming from and encourage them to investigate and come to their own conclusion.

But just to point score for internet points isn't worth it man.
Not to mention the digital copy of the whole conversation being up there possibly to bite you in the ass years from now when facebook adds some kind of background check feature for employers so they can check on potential employees.
>>
File: read a book.jpg (77KB, 906x768px) Image search: [Google]
read a book.jpg
77KB, 906x768px
>>32895249
Oh no! Some normie on normiebook is posting fictitious information and I'm too stupid to do a simple google search! /k/ help me because I'm too retarded to help myself!

Fuck off.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.