[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best takedown rifle to take into the backcountry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: girlwithcougar.jpg (104KB, 634x597px) Image search: [Google]
girlwithcougar.jpg
104KB, 634x597px
What is the best takedown rifle to take into the backcountry of the wild wild west?
>>
>>32894232
>takedown rifle
get a real one.
>>
I'd fuck the shit out of that pussy.
>>
>>32894232
8.8cm rifle.
>>
>>32894232
Takedown rifle?

You'll definitely want this. It'll stop all game on any continent.
>>
>>32894255
I'm looking for a rifle that will stow into a backpack easily.
>>
>>32894334
Anon takedown rifle means it separates into two pieces. Not Take down power..
>>
>>32894232
Type 2 Paratrooper Arisaka
>>
>>32894306

Me too. I'd fuck the shit out of that black hole for sure.

>>32894232
I just bring a shotgun usually. Nice to be able to shoot wide range of creatures (I usually hunt for smaller game when I go /out/ )

A few yrs back when my dad and I were out camping. He goes off to take a shit or fap, I dunno what he was doing. Hear his shotgun go off very shortly after, followed by him screaming for me.

Find out he scared a big ass grizzly, thing started to charge him. He shot it in the face with a brenneke slug, that was enough to take it out. Believe he also put down the family dog with that shotgun too.
>>
>>32894306
fucking furries
>>
I have a henry's AR-7 and it's pretty sweet but has a hard time cycling subsonic rounds. eats everything else though.
>>
>>32894544
>>32894574
Nice, most the gun would be for small game, and protection against predators while /out by myself.

and I don't want to rely on a .22 if I have a grizzly/cougar encounter.
>>
>>32894621
If the AR-7 isn't what you're after then take a look at the chiappa takedown series. I've seen a few in bigger calibers
>>
File: 1400905593004.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1400905593004.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>32894232
>killing cougars

People like you are why God doesn't talk to us anymore.
>>
>>32894693
This. Fuck you OP
>>
>>32894693
Cougars are scum.
>>
>>32894693
If im threatened by a cougar why wouldnt I fucking shoot it?
>>
If you're going into the wild wild west then I would suggest AP rounds for giant mechanical spiders.
>>
>>32894501
This
>>
all rifles are takedown rifles in the hands of a competent user
>>
>>32894693
There's no shortage of mountain lions.
>>
>>32894721
Because she will likely buy you a drink, take you back to her place, and fuck the ever-living shit out of you. Duh.
>>
>>32894670
thanks a lot, I really like the chiappa alaskan takedown. If I can save enough money, that looks like one of the best options for what I need
>>
>>32894824
But she's clearly not interested in a long term relationship and the makes me feel bad about myself.
>>
>>32894232
AR15
>>
Get yourself an AR-10. Learn to take it down, it's two pins to separate the receivers and you will not lose any zero. If you come up against a griz you will want the power, if you come up against a cat you will want the speed and if you just so happen to come up against skin walkers, well it wouldn't hurt to have more firepower would it?

If you really want to be good with this, don't fuck around with any electric optics, your batteries will be died when you need it, at most you want a 2 power old fashioned scope with no electric parts and it wouldn't hurt to just use old fashioned iron sights.

>This coming from someone in Montana who has had to put up with all of these threats before.
>>
>>32894544
>Me too. I'd fuck the shit out of that black hole for sure.
I'd go down into that dark place if you catch my drift
>>
>>32897108
>skin walkers
>Montana
Tell me more anon, I'm planing a hunting trip.
>>
>>32894232
if short range woodsy stuff, Wild West Guns Co-Pilot

if long range or general all around, Browning BLR takedown in 7mm Mag
>>
>>32897108
>2 power old fashioned scope
because those work so well in the low light conditions when you are most likely to encounter such a thing. i mean, who needs crosshairs, amirite?
>>
>>32894232
SU16 can take down pretty well. Only chambered in .223 though.
>>
>>32894693
That happened out in Yelm WA i think last year or the year before. the cougar was emaciated and was stalking her brother when she shot it... like it was about to kill her little brother. that girl is fucking rad and gets shit done.
>>
>>32894693
>>32898632
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/girl-11-shoots-cougar-stalked-brother-article-1.1703614
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.