[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switching branches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I've gone to meps,and have taken the asvab yadda yadda. I was going to enlist in the Marine Corps until I realized they are a bunch of liars, and you can't choose your mos. Currently, I'm talking to a Coast Gaurd recruiter and hopefully, I'm going to swear in this upcoming spring break. My main question here is can you switch branches after serving your 4 active years, or do I have to finish my term in the reserves first? I've built my body up to a pretty good physical shape and I was looking more forward to enlisting in branch that is more combat oriented. I don't think it would be wise of me to enlist to the army, or navy and try to be a ranger, or seal just because my brain is not fully developed yet. I'm 18 and I still need to finish high school up.
>>
>>32894060
>Can't pick most in the Marines

So is the entire thread bait, or you're literally retarded?
>>
>>32894083
Op got an asvab of 33
>>
>>32894103
I actually got a 120 on my GT, but thx. Can guys just answer my question about switching branches?
>>
>>32894083
Or are you literally retarded?*
>>
Yeah, the 4chan military thread is just a bunch of guys who go rejected from meps because they had childhood asthma. You guys talk so much shit but have nothing to stand on. Go play COD, that's the closest you fuckers will ever get to enlisting in the military.
>>
>>32894128
If you havent signed an enlistment package you can just walk away and go to another recruiter.
>>
>>32894725
That wanted me to swear in right away. I did not sign shit. I had also talked to some of the poolees who were getting shipped off and they were telling me you can not choose your job, and they ultimately choose your mos.
>>
>>32895913
>listening to other equally retarded poolees

You pick your field based on what is available. It's true you can't pick your exact mos from the start, but depending on what field you're in and assuming you're not a retard you decide what mos you end up in.

However I would still advise against enlisting in the Marines unless you hate yourself and want to end up with multiple incurable medical conditions and illnesses a few years from now because you've been experiencing authentic third world living conditions right here in the US of A.
>>
All I want to know is if you can switch branches after you serve 4 years, or do you have to finish your time in the reserves afterward.
>>
>>32896979
>reserves
Nah, they just give you another pack of crayons to chew on.
>>
File: breakfast.jpg (212KB, 1500x1266px) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
212KB, 1500x1266px
>>32897001
They stopped issuing crayons about halfway through my enlistment and I had to go out and buy pic related. How fucking ridiculous is that?
>>
Fuck you guys. You are the worst kind of people honestly.
>>
>>32897322
I want to say you can switch branches, but I'm only about 70% sure. Also why wouldn't you just go into the branch you would transfer to from the start?
>>
You are not commited until you sign an enlistment contract and swear in. IIRC the army's the only branch you can get your MOS guaranteed prior to basic training.
>>
>>32897860
Air Force has guaranteed AFSCs

I was guaranteed my job months before I went to basic
>>
>>32897860
As for swapping them once you've already begun your enlistment see here
https://www.thebalance.com/transferring-between-military-branches-3357016
>>
>>32897927
I thought Air Force just got to pick a list of preferred ones and got whichever one opened first
>>
>>32897948
You basically have a wishlist and usually your top 3 is what you get, and you can always tell your recruiter you're willing to wait for your no. 1, and depending on them they might help you out
>>
File: 1483418476360.jpg (78KB, 750x701px) Image search: [Google]
1483418476360.jpg
78KB, 750x701px
>>32897927
Just piss your recruiter off and wait for the job you want. Lead him onto believing you might take an open general/mechanical spot. Once they do the initial MEPS round with you and you enlist into DEP you dropping out hurts him and he won't let you go. So you just wait in his DEP doing his stupid ass monthly meetings and him trying to force open slots on you until you finally get what you want.

Then again you gotta be smart to join the Air Force. If you can't figure this out on your own then you should probably go Marines.

t. Air Force
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.