[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Time at Range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: range.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
range.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
Going to an actual gun range for the first time here shortly.
I grew up on a farm, so our range was always just our back yard.
Is there anything I should know going in?

I've read a little about the rules, and know not to have anything loaded, and to bring my own targets, ammo, ear/eye protection, etc.

Anything I'm missing?
>>
>>32889567
>grew up on a farm
>backyard range
That was my life, friend. I can assure you your first range trip will be disappointing and much less fulfilling than any other shooting you've done before.
>>
File: 20160710_132114.jpg (486KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
20160710_132114.jpg
486KB, 640x960px
>>32889567
Is it indoors or not? For indoor range just avoid flagging people and you will be fine

Outdoor ranges with many people can get annoying waiting for ceasefire to put your targets up and dealing with tards
>>
Follow these steps and you'll make so many friends at the range
>install a gigantic muzzle brake on your gun to make sure you're firing off an audio equivalent of an AMRAAM missile with every shot
>Shoot other people's targets and say you're just adjusting your zero, even if you're just using iron sights.
>Collect other people's brass
>Scream "YEAAAAAH" if you see someone else rapidfire their $11,000 rifle.
>Repeatedly shout "HEY, EYES AND EARS" before you start shooting.
>Ask everyone what their favorite clip size is for their pistols
>Shoot smokey black powder from your fancy revolver your grandpa gave you, make sure you're near other people too.
>Fire your pistol in the rhythm of "Shave and a haircut" and get visually mad when no one shoots the "Two bits"
>Approach the muscular guy and keep making "gun" puns with his muscles, repeatedly.
>Show off your $20 red dot sight and try to be subtle by constantly touching the turrets of the optic.
>Wear a military helmet with LGBT stickers slapped on it, the ladies will love you.

Anyone else feel like adding to the list? I'm sure OP would appreciate all the advice.
>>
File: 1270361891451.jpg (193KB, 489x540px) Image search: [Google]
1270361891451.jpg
193KB, 489x540px
>>32889567
watch out for the no singles police, they will call the cops if you show up alone
>>
>>32889567
Still taking a girl? It's fine. Remember the sunglasses bro, PTSD.
>>
>>32889708
seriously just call ahead, saves you a trip and the embarrassment
>>
File: 5583331676_b997ea6ba6_m.jpg (16KB, 159x240px) Image search: [Google]
5583331676_b997ea6ba6_m.jpg
16KB, 159x240px
>>32889614
>go to local outdoor range
>mostly empty
>range officer tells me i can go downrange whenever i want
>no waiting
>>
>>32889701
>muzzle sweeping everybody you see
>look for a guy with a revolver and take it and dry fire it while running away and screaming the battle hymn of the republic
>leave a .22 in your ass crack and walk up to a family with little children get the .22 out of your asscrack and gift it to a kid while saying that you like things between your cheeks
>go to a guy wearing a sombrero and ask if his hat is made of 'taco' and if you can eat it
>go down range and scream for a cease fire in the moment somebody is pulling the trigger do this multiple times
>ask a black guy about africa because you're interested in other cultures and when he says that his ancestors were slaves tell him that you thought that he is a free man
>>
>>32889708
Ranges that don't rent do this? I've only ever heard of rules like that if you want to go rent at a range, not if you want to go and shoot your own guns.
>>
>>32889567
I was in the same boat until I moved to Atlanta. The one nice thing is the target retrievers.
For shotgun you can only shoot slugs (and 00 buckshot at some ranges).
>>
>>32893357
I meant to say that about shotguns if it is an indoor gun range.
>>
>>32892401
>spot the underage fag
>>
>>32893010
Yeah, as far as I know it's a suicide prevention measure. Guy with no friends and no guns of his own shows up just to kill himself.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30109090/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/mom-kills-son-then-self-shooting-range/#.WJfMYxq7phE

Doesn't always work, though.
>>
What the fuck, this is a thing now?
>>
>>32889708

Does it still count as being alone even if I bring my falcon?
>>
>>32896733
>>
If its an outdoor range, by all means do not be afraid to be an absolute cunt about safety rules. If you call another faggit out on a violation and they give you *any* lip, let them know you'll ask the range officer to review the rules with them.

Nothing like being in the zone, you got the range to yourself, slowly working your way through a brick of .22 lr, or maybe some new hand loads, groups are getting nice and tight, approaching zen...and then some moron shows up, sweeping you with the muzzle, fucking with stuff on the bench while you're downrange, etc etc.

Good luck practicing anything then while you're worrying about getting shot.
>>
>>32895523
>The gun used was rented at the range.
>>
>>32896868
>Two together at the range
Usually not considered a risk like a loner only renting.
>>
>>32896799
What is this hot garbage?
>>
>>32889708
Wtf are you talking about
>>
File: tumblr_muechikWWv1s71q1zo1_1280.png (793KB, 550x920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muechikWWv1s71q1zo1_1280.png
793KB, 550x920px
>>32897650
Random shit from liartownusa.
>>
>>32889701
>bumpfire
>use steel cased ammo
>use incorrect gun terms, people love correcting others
>buy your ammo one box at a time, leaving your gun unattended while you run into the front area
>accuse people of muzzle sweeping you even if they haven't moved their gun at all, they love being reminded of safety
>if you see anyone with their ear pro off shoot a round out quickly as a gentle reminder to always have it on at the range
>ask people if you can try their gun and test how much abuse it can take like flicking a revolver cylinder so it spins real fast then slapping it back in, it's a good way to see if you'd like to buy one yourself
>>
>>32889567
The RO is always a faggot
>>
>>32889567
DO NOT SWEEP THE LINE

DON'T

FUCKING

DO IT
>>
File: 870 police magnum 00.jpg (1MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
870 police magnum 00.jpg
1MB, 2500x1406px
>>32899333
those digits, amen
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.