[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to various sources, the number of intentional "blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

According to various sources, the number of intentional "blue on blue" deaths (ie, murders of servicemen by other servicemen) during the Vietnam war was at least 800 among US forces, with another few hundred classified as "potential" blue-on-blue.

This is a MUCH higher rate than the intentional blue-on-blue rates for Iraq/Afghanistan.

Why are modern troops so much more professional and capable of maintaining unit cohesion than Vietnam-era guys were?

Not to pick on the 'Nam guys, but 800 to 1,200 is an atrocious number of intentional slayings for a death toll of 58,000. It indicates some serious breakdown in the ranks. Totally unprofessional.
>>
>>32888636
Self-Destruction, the Disintegration and Decay of the United States Army During the Vietnam Era

here you go
>>
>>32888636
Because modern war is comparatively comfortable.

I wonder what the rate in ww1 was
>>
>>32888636
Proliferation of wireless communications.
>>
>>32888636
>conscript army
>volunteer army
>why is one less prone to infighting

gee I dunno
>>
>>32888636

soldiers in vietnam actually had a sense of morality
>>
>>32888636

Most of them didn't want to be there, OP. They were drafted.
>>
>>32888636
*drops grenade on OP while on shitter*

/thread
>>
>>32888636

computers are a hell of a drug.

also comparing Vietnam to Iraq/Afghanistan is retarded.
>>
>>32888636
>What is "fragging"?
>>
how many of it was negros killing whites?
There was basically almost constant mutinies of blacks aboard ships during the Vietnam era

And they still shoved Civil rights through everyones throats
>>
>>32888694
>believing revisionism
66% of the men who served in vietnam were volunteers
http://www.uswings.com/about-us-wings/vietnam-war-facts/
>>
>>32888825
when you toss a grenade in the white officers tent because whitey making you do your job is the same thing as slavery
>>
>>32888964

Go back to /pol/
>>
>>32888636
>It indicates some serious breakdown in the ranks.
No shit
>Totally unprofessional
NO SHIT

that's what happens when you draft people into an unpopular war in a country that they have no ancestry in and have officers who can order them to their deaths without repercussion
>>
Last war where air support had the most powerful unguided munitions. Dropping napalm, going brrrrt, and categorizing everything on the ground as VC or well disciplined VC has consequences.
>>
>>32888646
the french deliberately shelled their own troops.
>>32889061
there were race riots on US ships & a black mutiny so he does have a point & it is military related.
>>
>>32889127
Paths of Glory was a movie, not a history lesson.

Even the French are not stupid enough to shell their own trenches.
>>
>>32888636
It ain't me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.