[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons martial arts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Let's say you're without your weapons for whatever reason.

Can you defend yourself /k/?
I know many anons here practice actual martial arts to compliment their self defense.

Which martial arts do you practice /k/?

I do Kickboxing for striking and Judo for grappling. And a little knife fighting when a bunch of kali, escrima, fencing and HEMA guys meet up at the park on Saturdays.
>>
judo is so fucking fun. I broke my femur and heel shortly after starting so I don't know when if ever, I will continue training.
>>
File: 1485226970391.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485226970391.gif
3MB, 320x240px
Martial arts are a joke. Has martial arts training ever helped anyone? Street fights are brawls, not sparing matches.
>>
Kendo, seitei Iaido, Muso Shinden Ryu Enbu Iaido, Katori Shinto Ryu, Goju Ryu, Judo and Aikido.

A jack of all trades but the master of none, is often times better than a master of one.
>>
>>32889047
Ever been in a fight where you were outnumbered, outclassed or outgunned. I HAVE. Not that i used many techniques, but my situational awareness (developed from heavy sparring) helped a great deal.
>>
File: 1437710860289.jpg (133KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1437710860289.jpg
133KB, 640x960px
>implying shooting isn't a martial art
>>
>>32888020
I did some training with an MMA instructor for six months. It's not great but he taught me how to use being kind of fat to my advantage and how to use legs, since I have stupid strong legs and glutes but above average upper body.
I also got my ass kicked a few times sparring and a humbling experience is of great value but hardly sought after.
>>
>>32889062
>Ever been in a fight where you were outnumbered, outclassed or outgunned.
>I HAVE

Sure you have. I bet you actually just beat up one guy and his friends didn't do anything. I'd sooner run than let 3 guys gank-squad me.
>>
>>32888020
>Without your weapons

Nope. I can't karate chop enemy fire and I can't reasonably be expected to attempt disarming a knife or heavy-object wielding enemy.
Fighting is a sport. Very few people intend to kill someone in a fist fight.
If I'm actually threatened with death, I'm picking up a brick or I'll start kicking at the groin because I'd rather live than try to feel cool.

>>32889062
You're autistic and a liar. Delete your post.
>>
>>32889047

I saw a video of a BJJ guy literally grapple for life and death the gun out of am assassin. Happened in Brazil.

The one skinny lightweight shitty mma fighter in Texas with a losing record killed 2 out of 4 intruders in a home break in with a knife. Sending the other two to the hospital

Guy Mezger an mma fighter who's not even known for his grappling wrestled the knife out of an attacker

Then another case where two college kids with mma training wrestler the guns out of two muggers and beat them up

And in Vietnam hand to hand training saved many life's.

And law enforcement officers are required to learn basic grappling techniques
>>
>>32889169

I saw a video in China where two machete wielding attackers where held off by some guy who clearly knew his Kung Fu.

He dodged those swings like a Jackie Chan movie.

Well, you also can't reasonably be expected to stop a mass shooter with an AK wearing armor, or three armed niggers trying to mug you at night with your conceal carry 9mm.

It won't stop you from trying right?

I've been to prison where I don't have guns, and had I not known some basic boxing and grappling I probably would have been killed or someone's bitch.
>>
Is BJJ (nohomo) enough for all my grappling needs? I've had stints doing boxing and muay thai, but I have little experience with the grappling arts.
>>
File: 1485918999772.jpg (85KB, 960x829px) Image search: [Google]
1485918999772.jpg
85KB, 960x829px
>>32889169

>start kicking the groin

This always makes me laugh. This comes by way of many implications.

What if you can't kick him in the groin? Due to your inability to aim your kick well under pressure? What if it lands but doesn't incapacitate him like a dad getting bending over after being kicked in the nuts by his wife like in today's cuck sitcoms? What if he hits YOU in the nuts instead? What if he catches your kick?

And most likely of all. What if he BLOCKS your kick?

Also, no big violent ape is going to let you run around looking for a brick. And even if you found one, you'll probably swing it like a haymaker, hoping it lands. You'll probably end up on a clinch and grappling over the brick.
>>
>>32889246

Yes and no. It depends how your BJJ school is or how you style your form.

I do BJJ as well but I always start from the feet when rolling to work on my takedowns and takedown defense. And most importantly. I never play the guard game, I do everything to work on my sweeps, reversals, and to gain a favorable TOP position.
>>
>>32888020
Even if I have my guns I'd run before engaging. Then again I live in a country where random violence is almost non-existent outside cities. I'm happy hiding in woods if that means everyone gets to regret what they did another day. Discretion is the better part of valor after all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.