[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Can you guys recommend me an airgun for squirrels? I live in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Can you guys recommend me an airgun for squirrels? I live in the 'burbs with a major squirrel infestation. I need something reasonably accurate and powerful enough to take down squirrels at around 20 yds max. "Quiet" and under $200 would be preferred.

Leaning towards the gamo silent cat but I've read reports of it being inaccurate.

inb4 use a firearm, I have a fuckton but live in the burbs dawgs
>>
>>32884994
Get a bow.
>>
>>32884998
I'm more of a gun guy, haven't shot a bow since highschool. I just want to slay these little fuckers.
>>
>>32884998

Get a brain.
>>
>>32884994
I got an oder gamo big cat from like 10 yrs ago. Its good enough out to the distance you mentioned. Shoot it from inside and don't stick the barrel out the window like a dumbass and no one will hear. I've shot squirrels and they never gone more than 2 ft max.
>>
>>32885014
That's why you get a bow. A good .22 pellet gun still makes noise. A bow will stop them dead in one shot. Or let them go and you'll end up with hawks that move in to feed on them.
>>
>>32885024
Forgot to say I paid about a hundo for it new.
>>
>>32885024
Yeah that's exactly what I'm planning on doing, thanks for the advice, buddy.
>>
>>32884994
Honestly, a BB gun will likely be enough to take down the fuckers.

You'd need good shot placement, but it'd be damn near silent.
>>
>>32884994
Gamo Big Cat works wonders.

Be aware: some states require a hunting license for squirrel, and it may be illegal to loose an arrow in a "compact area."
>>
>>32884998
Idiot.
>>
>>32884994
I bought one of those winchester c02 m14 bb guns for funsies and raccoon harrasment but it turns out it kills the shit out squirrels too.
>>
File: 20170204_212231.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_212231.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
I've got this Ruger Talon in .177 because I have a giant Oak tree next to my house and those cock sucking squirrels roll up in a bus and are all over the place...

It's a breakdown style with a pretty effective "silencer". Great trigger, it's about 8lbs and Very accurate with it's stock fiber optic iron sights.

It's nearly as powerful as a .22 and the only sound is the spring slamming forward... assuming you use a Wadcutter or other style pellet that'll travel below the sound barrier... otherwise it'll be about 1100-1200FPS.
>>
I can kill squirrels with a .117 gamo pellet gun and it doesn't make enough noise to cause issues. I live in a yuppie neighborhood in the city too
>>
Spring guns require some practice to shoot accurately. Most pump guns are practically toys, but the Benjamin 392 and 397 are pretty nice.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.