[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade shotgun shells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 195383_ts.jpg (58KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
195383_ts.jpg
58KB, 1155x1155px
How do I make safe shotgun shells? I mean materials, size, structure, amount of powder. I know the basics, but I'd rather not have my shit fucked
Buying ammo is not an option
>>
>>32882953
give up and make a black powder gun your not going to make the primer or a rim from scratch in any consistent manner.
preload the black powder in paper cartridges or something if you want fast reloads.
if you had access to spent shells it would be different but with no access to ammo at all go with black powder
>>
Look up Cody's lab on youtube, he has videos going through every process of making homemade shotgun shell
>>
File: shell.png (7KB, 437x406px) Image search: [Google]
shell.png
7KB, 437x406px
>>32883013
It would use black powder anyway. I can make powders and primers.
Here's what I came up with, no idea if it would work though
>>
>>32883013
The primers can be reload with matches powder

See :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_7LWCFH5Gc&t

The cartridge can be made with paper and wax. You can make a rim replacer too.
>>
>>32883096
And I reload and fire a bullet with matches powder as primer btw
>>
>>32883096
Made some of that powder today. It worked really well, but not inside a .22 casing which i wanted to use as a percussion cap, I think the metal was too thick. I will make some percussion caps from a can and try that
>>
>>32882953
Got a box load of waxers.

You can tell Jesus I'm not gay. But if he threatens me. All bets are off.
>>
You could turn brass shotgun shells on a lathe by machining the base then (support tubing with a mandrel so it doesn't crush) pressing tubing over the base with an interference fit. You could even roll crimp the tube to the base.
>>
>>32883079
How do you make the rim ?
>>
>>32883168
Not sure yet, but I'll come up with something. First I need to know what metal would work
>>
>>32883205
Brass and like aluminum? Those are the usual
>>
>>32882953
Found this

>http://thehomegunsmith.com/pdf/EHF_Handgun_Ammo_Book.pdf

>http://thehomegunsmith.com/pdf/EHF_Shotgun_Ammo_Book.pdf
>>
>>32882953
pipe stiffeners, cardboard, hot glue

Homemade primers are a hobby of mine, but just buy some damned 209 primers.
>>
>>32883398
You can only buy them with a license, which costs a fuckload of money, may take months to get and barely gives you any rights. Plus your request will 90% of the time get rejected cause the cop felt like it. Such is life as an euro
>>
>>32883458
Were are from ? France ? Germany ? England ?
>>
>>32883490
Poland. Black powder guns and their replicas are legal without the license, but black powder isn't. That's not really a problem cause I can make the powder, but those guns cost a fucking lot so I'm making my own instead
>>
>>32882953

well, apparently you already know english, so just come on over to the states my friend. Easiest way would be on a student or work visa. Get your company to sponsor you for HB1 status. Citizenship isn't too hard to get from there. Take you a few years total, but you and your future children will be living the land of the free.
>>
>>32883526
>>32883490
Even though the country is pretty much completely disarmed, I got experience in shooting and guns. Still, ammo and how it should be made is new to me
>>32883547
Actually I wanted to study something chemistry related in Denmark, but I will try to apply in US. I'd love to live there. I hate when governments act like they know what's best for you - yeah just disarm me and arrest me if I dare protect myself from an attacker
>>
>>32883526
>Poland, no fun.
Is your gun politic some sort of communist legacy
or has Poland be castrated by the EU ?

Why don't you get a licence even if it's complicated ? You can still make your homemade guns and ammo together.

However. For you ammos do this :
- Powder = black powder
- Primer = matches powder
- Cartridge / rim with pipe stiffeners, card board and wax and see >>32883360

You can even make your own shotgun / gun. And with time and concentration you can make an acceptable and nice one.
>>
>>32883654
For the primer with matches powder
>>32883096
>>
>>32883618

well, come on over. just be aware that there are most certainly some areas that aren't going to be friendly to foreigners, and other areas that are FAR from "free". Somewhere like Cincinnati is pretty damn good on gun laws but also friendly for foreigners. I'm in nothern Kentucky myself (just south of Cincy) and there are tons of jobs for someone in the field of chemical engineering in the southern Ohio, northern Kentucky area. G.E is here, as well as many companies that make flavoring, cleaning products, etc. etc.

best of luck dude
>>
>>32883654
Pretty sure it's communist legacy. Disarming the country is a wise choice if you're a corrupt, violent oppressor.
I don't wanna waste money on something that's pretty much useless. The gun has to stay in a safe 24/7, you can't carry it, shoot it for entertainment or defend yourself with it. Plus there's a limit to amount of ammo you can buy.
I'm already making one, a double barrel shotgun. I'm still collecting parts though.
>>32883686
Thanks a lot mate, how is education there though? I've been thinking about Denmark cause it's focused on your own work and projects, not listening to some old dude and filling out tests like in Poland. Also my bro studies there so that would be helpful
Is it easy to move to US and become a citizen after you've graduated?
>>
File: 1461624895470-1-k.jpg (39KB, 479x852px) Image search: [Google]
1461624895470-1-k.jpg
39KB, 479x852px
Get th pdf from murdercube
Expediant home shotgun ammo by bill luty, he uses circlips for rims on tubing sections.
>>
>>32883458
Surely you can buy blank firing guns or something?
>>
>>32883740
You can buy primers, cases, bullets and reloading equipment in Germany unregulated. That should be better than anything you can whip up.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.