[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arrest After Cops Classify Weapon as Assault Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

http://www.westportnow.com/index.php?/v3/comments/arrest_after_cops_classify_weapon_as_assault_rifle/

A Westport man who had turned in his firearms into the Police Department for safe keeping was arrested after officers discovered one of the weapons qualified as an assault rifle and that it had not been registered, police said today.

William Stenson, 68, of Saugatuck Avenue was charged with possession of an assault weapon upon his arrest via a warrant Tuesday after an examination of the firearm determined that the forward pistol grip and collapsible stock made it an assault weapon, said Lt. David Farrell.

Following the Sandy Hook shootings, legislation was passed that banned all assault rifles and required all of those who legally owned them to have the weapons registered. The new law also limited the number of rounds magazines would hold to 10, and Stenson reportedly had 13 high capacity magazines.

Stenson was released after posting a $5,000 bond and arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court Wednesday.
>>
>>32881040
>Assault Rifle
>>
>>32881040
God I am so glad to be away from the Northeast.
>>
He turned them in for safe keeping. To the cops. What an idiot.
>>
How terrible must it be, to have lived in an age when you could actually trust the police.

And then to have this be your wakeup call.
>>
Pretty sure that's an assault weapon. Not an assault rifle. Their shit trying to confuse people with confusing terms is working.
>>
>>32881040
Remember cops think like us and are our friends. If door to door confiscation ever gets passed, these fine upstanding citizens (paramilitary) will do the right thing and ignore the order.
>>
I thought this dude let the cops watch his lightning link'd AR while he was gone and now i'm disappointed.
>>
>>32881040
>turned in his firearms into the Police Department for safe keeping

Am I supposed to feel bad for this idiot?
>>
Take them to court for violation of the second amendment and maybe this time we can get it up to the SC and get it overturned.
>>
While I fucking hate registration and high capacity mag bans, you have to be a special kind of idiot to give the cops your stuff in a state where it's banned. Previously he might loose it if your house was raised. Now he just fukcing gave it away
>>
>>32881040
NRA should ass rape the cops for him.
>>
>>32881828
No, he should have moved out of that state once they banned the scary salt rifles.
>>
>>32881040
Everyone here will blame the politicians but not the cops.
>>
>>32881971
Do you really want police picking and choosing what laws they enforce? I mean it's nice when they don't enforce things we like but what happens when they do things like say, refuse to arrest violent criminals and hold illegals for deportation? We can't have it both ways
>>
File: 1480521611355.jpg (27KB, 314x246px) Image search: [Google]
1480521611355.jpg
27KB, 314x246px
>>32881656

They won't refuse the order our of the goodness of their hearts, you mong.

They'll refuse it because even if 1% of gun owners met their efforts with violence it would be a bloodbath of historical proportions.
>>
File: nypdparade1.jpg (106KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
nypdparade1.jpg
106KB, 640x440px
"Jus doin muh job." -t. statism enforcement agent
>>
>>32882001
We shoot them.
>>
File: Ameriga.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ameriga.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>Arrest pensioner for turning in "illegal gun"
Well done officers! I'm certain after the news gets out, more criminals will come forward!
>>
>>32882066
Too bad youre too much of a cuck to shoot politicians
>>
>>32882113
I wasn't referring to politicians m8...
>>
>>32882126
Exactly
M80
>>
>>32881062
North east is fine its Massachusetts New York Connecticut and maybe road island that are fucked
>>
>trusting the police
>Year of our lord and savior John Moses Browning A1911 106

Not even paranoid but you've got absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.
>>
File: 1451267897563.png (946KB, 1600x1517px) Image search: [Google]
1451267897563.png
946KB, 1600x1517px
>>32881040
>forward pistol grip and collapsible stock made it an assault weapon

I'm so mad right now you have no idea how mad I am.
>>
>>32882160
>and maybe road island
RI actually has surprisingly lenient gun laws considering where it is.
>>
>>32881040
well someone needed to be arrested so it can go to trial and be ruled unconstitutional. they'll probably just let him go without too much trouble like that guy in ny who was caught with 10 rounds in his mag.
>>
Kalifornia on the same path. Fuck me.
>>
>>32882005
That's while we'll claim to refuse, and it would be a valid concern if we ever planned on doing it.

But mostly it'll be because going door to door looking for guns is a pain in the ass and cops, like everyone else, tend towards laziness.
>>
File: 1481597744501.png (43KB, 657x560px) Image search: [Google]
1481597744501.png
43KB, 657x560px
>>32881040

>tfw Texan

thank god I will never, ever have to deal with this bullshit
>>
>>32881040
On the one hand, he's a fucking idiot for giving them evidence of a crime.

On the other hand, both of those features are easily removable and the entire thing could have been dealt with by making him remove them and promise not to put them back on before handing the AR back to him.
>>
>>32881040
Gunfags BTFO
>muh amendment
>muh come and get it
>>
>>32882448
>California refuges
>>
>>32882448
Travis county is trying their best to prove you wrong fellow Texan.
>>
>dont talk to the police
>this motherfucker turned his guns in to police for safekeeping
>trusting police
>ever
>>
File: IMG_3001.png (728KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3001.png
728KB, 750x1334px
>>32881040
Nice bait faggot

His friend turned them in
>>
File: T-Patrick.jpg (214KB, 698x768px) Image search: [Google]
T-Patrick.jpg
214KB, 698x768px
>>32881040
>falling this hard for the law abiding citizen meme

Some people are just so fucking stupid its unbelievable. They honestly think they have enough goodboi points that the cops will never see them as the enemy. Its really pathetic.

Let me break this down for you idiots. The cops are not your friend. They are not there to help you. They are there to arrest you if you break the law.

It doesn't matter how much of a bootlicker you are. It doesn't matter how white you are. It doesn't matter how clean your record is. It doesn't matter if you donate to their charity drive. It doesn't matter what their personal feelings on the matter are. It doesn't even matter if your intentions are good. It doesn't matter.

If you break the law, they will fucking arrest you. They will put you through the exact same system as all the crackheads, murderers, and thieves of the world. End of story. Don't expect any mercy. Don't expect any special treatment. You won't get any. Consider this your final warning.
>>
>>32882160
Northeast sucks, period. First for the politics, secondly for the weather. Moving away literally cured my depression.
>>
Never trust the pigs unless you are one. They are like bikers. If you aren't a patch, you aren't people, end of story.

I've never had a negative interaction with cops but I'm smart, have social skills, and know how to look and sound like them. Part of getting sympathy is looking like the ruling gang. Keep a military haircut and don't dress tacticqueer, but do project a conventionally wholesome image. It fucking works. Expressing your identity is only important to teenagers. Camo is for grownups.
>>
>>32882893
if that was his friend what kind of enemies does he have?
>>
>>32881040
Old RCMP trick. Advertise a gun amnesty and fuck peoples lives up when they innocently hand in firearms that have been kicking around in the basement unused for 30 years & turned prohib during that time.

We just had an amnesty recently, and although the local press didn't report it because they're in bed with the RCMP & it threatens the Mounties propaganda, heavy advertising by an individual and another company promised cash for guns was WAY more successful than the what the RCMP trumpeted about.
>>
>>32882936
>secondly for the weather
You have no taste and can keep your perpetual summer swamp ass. NE has the best weather in the US.
>>
baka BLM is right

PIGS IN A BLANKET, FRY EM LIKE BACON
>>
PA is going to be this bad in 10-15 years thanks to Philly bullying the entire state. People say i'm crazy for moving out west but man you guys can keep this anti gun bullshit
>>
>>32882931
I had more special treatments from police than not. I was young and dumb at one point, maybe still am one of those, but I got let off the hook more times than not during my police encounters.
>>
>>32883081
So never trust cops?
>>
>>32882893
Wouldn't that constitute as theft? And how would they even proof that it's his?
>>
>>32883341
Thought the same thing but he may have let his "friend" borrow it.
>>
>>32883313
Thats because arresting a troubled kid doesnt bring in as much prestige as taking down someone who owns an "assualt rifle".
Same with cops putting in a mere quick glance on a buglary and writting it all off as a waste of their time, compared to some more glitz/glamour of homicide or big drug bust.
>>
>>32882931
Amen, Terminator.
>>
The forward grip even a forward Pg could be argued on some guns not illegal by the law where it is not conspicuously protruding underneath the firearm's action.

>That telescopic stock was pinned in a permanent but unconventional way that you apparently defeated. You didn't say anything when you accepted the transfer from me when it was ok. My gun you say is in your custody, prove it was me that made it illegal or that it was illegal in my possesion.
>>
>>32883252
Ok, enjoy that 6 months of freezing bullshit and rusted out shitbox cars.
>>
File: jestin.png (312KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
jestin.png
312KB, 640x592px
http://patch.com/connecticut/westport/westport-man-68-had-illegal-assault-weapon-police

>A friend of William Stenson brought multiple firearms and ammunition, which belonged to Stenson, to the Westport Police Department on Jan. 20 "to turn in for safe keeping," according to officials.

>"""""""friend"""""""
>>
>>32883341

You cannot be tried on evidence that was acquired against you illegally. If his friend up and stole it from him, he couldnt be tried for it. If he loaned him it, there could be a case, but if I were him, I would claim that it was stolen by the friend. If someone wants to fuck me, you best believe I'm going to dish it back on them.
>>
We should push this case as far as it'll go. If we can get it to the SC it's all ogre.
>>
>>32883320
>So never trust cops?

Duh. It doesn't mean you need to be anti cop, but you shouldn't trust cops at face value.

They can and will lie because their primary goal is to close out calls/cases, get arrests, and write citations. They will tell you that your dead mother dimed you out if it will get you to confess to something, and it's not outside of the realm of possibility that you could get beaten and forced to confess. Or they'll shoot and kill you, and then they and their friends will work the report to make it seem like you were a super powered murderous psychopath.

So police serve a legitimate purpose within the framework of the state, but you're better off being suspicious of what they say to you.
>>
>>32883787
Yeah his "friend" is a piece of shit.
>>
>68
>don't know the knew laws
>think you're being responsible for giving guns to the police so they don't fall into the wrong hands
>get arrested for your troubles
>>
>>32881040
Never trust cops. It isn't that they are all inherently bad people or anything. They are people just like everyone else. Except the little detail that they hold it in their power to completely destroy your life for no reason and without any consequence to themselves. They could put you on your knees and put a bullet through your neck NKVD style and they'd probably avoid any real charges. Make friends with them and keep them closer than any enemy. They are just as corrupt as the rest of us and perfectly willing to help a friend out. Just don't piss them off. Revenge is far sweeter when it's personal.
>>
let's ask the blm to give us out gun rights back
>>
>>32882174
i wasnt expecting that picture to be that fucking big holy shit
>>
>>32882620
>Travis County
If they all move to one county, they can't get the votes to pass legislation. That's why Texas remains red.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.