[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surrendering to Muslim military forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Screaming Muslim.jpg (64KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
Screaming Muslim.jpg
64KB, 625x400px
Has there ever been a time where Muslim forces (military, paramilitary, militias, etc) have treated their prisoners according to established wartime law?

Any historical examples? Recent examples?

Do any other fighting groups have the same kind of rap sheet? Should they receive special treatment in military laws?
>>
Saladin
>>
>>32879813
>Has there ever been a time where Muslim forces (military, paramilitary, militias, etc) have treated their prisoners according to established wartime law?

yes, whatever you think isis style executions are exception not a norm
>>
>>32879820
Fiction
>>
>>32879813
In Bosnia. There were instances of war crimes on all sides but they are also the only one I know of that stopped a whole operation because the Arabs they let in their ranks were killing too many civilians.
>>
There was the soldier that got captured by the Taliban and held for a few years.

Historically in the distant past a great number of Barbary corsairs were either converted European slaves who then joined the pirates that captured them or renegade Christians who left to join before being captured. Abd el-Krim would encourage foreign legionnaires (particularly Germans given it was concurrent to WW1 and the German legionnaries were quarantined in Africa) to desert and bring their expertise and guns over. There was sometimes piecemeal such desertions in the past but they were tempered by stories of deserters who weren't so lucky. But it did seem to happen during prior Maghrebi French battles.
>>
>>32879831

>Saladin is a fiction...

So...Richard the Lion Heart also a product of imagination eh? He He HA HA HA!!!
>>
Militias aren't exactly going to be the most professional people around
>>
>>32879998
All militias don't immediately behave like chimps when POWs are involved.
>>
>>32879904
Not the guy you're replying to, but what that guy means is that the historical Saladin, who was the kind of ruthless douchebag you would expect a politician/general of the era to be, had virtually nothing in common with the literary Saladin.

It's the same disparity you see with Richard. He was, historically, a King of England who could barely speak English, only spent a few months of his entire life in England, and wasted an incredible amount of his country's money and manpower on a venture that was ultimately a failure in the end. In literature? He's a heroic and righteous King who's a paragon of chivalry.
>>
>>32879813
Would you like to hear about a war crime?
>>
File: officer pepe.jpg (6KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
officer pepe.jpg
6KB, 199x199px
Perhaps Muslims should be exempted from all POW laws.

Maybe they deserve "special treatment" in warfare.
>>
File: Puckle_gun_advertisement.jpg (51KB, 812x596px) Image search: [Google]
Puckle_gun_advertisement.jpg
51KB, 812x596px
>>32880562
Correct.
>>
>>32880547
I would, please.
>>
>>32880610
OK

> Be a marine in Trashcanistan
> IED took out one of our guys
>Naturally, we are all kind of pissed

We find a kid planting IEDs I think 2 days later. I was corporal and his team leader. He said to me, " I'm going to kill this mother fucker". OK do it.

Then I saw him stabbing him in a ditch. Repeatedly. So I yelled at him, "why are fucking stabbing him?" His reply was, "I wanted him to suffer".

So I ordered him to shoot him and end it. So that's how it ended.war huh?
>>
>>32880771
didn't give candy for heart and minds. thats a paddlin.
>>
File: 1441525159393.jpg (25KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1441525159393.jpg
25KB, 236x236px
>>32880802
I have hearts and minds. 0311 can't stop me.
>>
Those soldiers who surrenderd during the Turkish military coup were beaten, behead, and thrown off bridges after being paraded around naked by civilians. So I dont think it has anything to do with Muslim militaries, just muslims in general
>>
Uh, Iran?

Both Americans and British have been taken prisoner by Iran recently, and both times they were treated humanely and released.
>>
>>32880771
This is what I imagine marines doing literally all the time
Also fuck me that was dark
>>
File: 1475021282795.jpg (55KB, 598x701px) Image search: [Google]
1475021282795.jpg
55KB, 598x701px
>>32880802
You need to give out the right kind of candy.
>>
>>32881014
I'm supposed to be the Boogeyman. Or actually the anti Boogeyman. So you sleep soundly.
>>
>>32880771
Wouldn't he have suffered way more if you turned him over to ANA?
>>
>>32882715
he likely would have
>>
>>32881006
This. With all that media talk about how they're part of the "axis of evil" and all that, Iran is surprisingly civilized. They've got dickbags in charge that hang gays from cranes and support Shia militias, but the actual citizens themselves are pretty much Western compared to the savages they have for neighbors. Ask any expert on the region, and they'll tell you that they're our natural ally in the Middle East. The only reason we're buddy-buddy with the bastards on the Arabian peninsula is that we made the mistake of installing a tyrant and provoked a radical Islamic clusterfuck. Also, oil.
>>
>>32882715
>>32882739
Stupid kid would have probably been raped, not even kidding. The ANA is full of that kind of shit. It's kind of sad honestly, because he was probably brainwashed or compelled by his family into planting bombs.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.