[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project Harp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_HARP

with Trump considering bringing back the battleship wouldn't this be a cheaper alternative to firing cruise missiles and using F/A 18 and F-35 to bomb terrorists??

using a scaled up m982 round it'd probably have a range of 250+KM and the explosive power of a Mk 82

question then becomes how much would it cost.
>>
>>32879400
>250+KM

did you just pull that out of your ass?
Also, km is spelled with small letters.
>>
>>32879400
Fuck off with your false-flag bb-treads.
This board is full enough with shitty treads as it is
>>
File: 1.jpg (139KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
139KB, 1024x576px
>>32879400
>bringing back the battleship

Why not just build a gun in the US big enough to shell anywhere on the planet?
>>
>>32879400
cheaper, ye, more effective, no

until we have railgun, plane with missiles will always have vastly longer range
>>
>>32879418
I kinda pulled it out of my ass, but if you shoot a projectile fast enough and itskip across the atmosphere and glide when it reenters the atmosphere you can get long range artillery.
>>
>>32879400
>with Trump considering bringing back the battleship
Can you not make shit up?
>>
>>32879451

Guns are more difficult for the enemy to to disable if you can move them.
>>
>>32879400
>question then becomes how much would it cost.
Did the math and it comes up to 486 821 705$
>>
>>32879400
The Long Range Land Attack Projectile (LRLAP) before it was canceled reached whoping cost of $4500000, x10 times of JDAM. ""cheaper alternative""
>lang range gun bombardment
>cheap
Pick one.

Now Zumwalt battleships built around LRLAP have none of them. Is this most useless ship ever build or most useless ship ever build?
>>
File: Chandalier.jpg (24KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Chandalier.jpg
24KB, 600x337px
>>32879400
Fucking Canadians had Belkan levels of crazy scientists.
>>
>>32879400
The range is also 279 875 m
>>
File: 1479961717677.jpg (37KB, 540x431px) Image search: [Google]
1479961717677.jpg
37KB, 540x431px
>>32879400
>Bring back the [RETARDED PROJECT FROM THE 1940S]!!!
Fuck off forever.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.