[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else regret not signing up with the military? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 23

Anyone else regret not signing up with the military? I think I wouldn't feel like such a failure now if I followed a different path ya know?
>>
File: 1485962454649.png (109KB, 1833x626px) Image search: [Google]
1485962454649.png
109KB, 1833x626px
>>32878582
>>
>>32878582
But I did sign...
>>
>>32878582
No. 0311 who joined during the surge. Got me some.

Have fun crying online. Eat a mother fucking dick bitch.
>>
>>32878582
The army now is nothing but faggots abusing opioids and JOTC assholes now that wants to suck the Battalion commander's dick 24/7. That goes without saying that woman in an NCO position still get their way.
So the Airforce is most likely where all the non-fuckups go now, even frontline ground forces are pre-operator tier.
>>
>>32878683
HEll yeah, AF EOD, we are preferred over every other branch because of our funding and training
>>
>>32878585
saved
>>
>>32878582
I do.
Wanted to join airforce and be a loadmaster, but parents talked me out of it.
Now I'm in grad school for a major I hate and wish I was dead most nights.
>>
>>32878615
What do you do now? Im former 0311, get out 2 years ago going to school. But im completely bored with life and find myself looking back to the good ol days.
>>
>>32878582
Nope. A couple of my friends went in and I'm more successful than all of them. They are miserable day to day and make peanuts in terms of money. Not saying you can't be happy for have success whatever that means to you.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>32878813
I'm 12 credits away from my bachelor's degree. I have a 3.4 grade average. Even tho I'm supposed to be dumb because Internet memes say we are.

I have a job doing insurance claims. Nothing fancy at all. But it's a job.

Man's gotta eat.
>>
>>32878891
Understand that, i thinking of going into computers because my dad makes good money. But i still miss doing 03 shit.
>>
I did my army duty year. Afterwords I got a factory job and considered my options. Ended up applying for both college and UN military service. By the time the UN administration called back to me, my college application had already been approved. Sure I got a decent education and sure my personal economy is secure, but I have regretted my choice for almost 30 years. Perhaps my true fate always was meant to be a random bullet at the age of 21. Now I get to spent my last decade in a nursing home watching the tapestry while sitting in diapers instead.
>>
>>32878585
lmao
>>
I do, but then I realize I could be one of the dumbasses that came out with no skills and go future. Then I don't feel so bad about it.
>>
>>32878582
I signed up. Served 14 years and am now a cripple form a gunshot wound received in Afghanistan.
>>
>>32879155
>14 years

Shit I was a marine fag. You'd be a funny aGunny. But you were probably Army, right? Damnit.
>>
>>32879155

Is that you, Doctor Watson?
>>
>>32878582
I'm leaving for the navy in 2 days actually. I was in college doing shit I hated for like 3 years and realized I would hate it even more when I graduated so I decided to something I always wanted to do.
>>
>>32878585
kek. fucking saved
>>
>>32878585
>Tfw no matter how white and tall you are the army of 5'9 darkies can still curb stomp your nation within a day
>>
>>32878754
So join now, pussy
>>
>>32878582
>joined
>got shot and blown up
>permanently disabled at 26
I mean, the $3200 a month in disability is nice, but I sure do miss not being in constant pain or being able to actually walk places more than a few blocks away or go hiking.

>>32878722
Navy EOD says stop trying to impersonate them.
>presidential detail
>runs the EOD school
>relied upon by JSOC, CIA, DIA, NSA
>>
>>32878582
Nope because my grandpa who was conscripted told me how shitty it was being a grunt being led by incompetent leadership
He told me if was going to join, become an officer
I didnt want to make a career out of the military so I went to school
>>
>>32878754
Finish grad school, go to OCS and do officer stuff. Maybe even get your student loans taken care of.
>>
>>32879126
>Now I get to spent my last decade in a nursing home watching the tapestry while sitting in diapers instead.

Park your wheelchair on your IV line, it'll cut the wait time in half.
>>
>>32881292
We'll let our refugees rape all the trannies and women in your army and you won't have a chance
>>
I joined the Guard as a 11b. I deployed right out of OSUT. The deployment was gay as fuck... all we did was secfor. Now I go do 4 day weekends of worthlessness and shoot once a year while I hang out with a bunch of redneck correctional officers who base their lives around being an infantryman even though they're just nasty girls.

The state is perpetually out of funding for college too.

overall 3/10 not looking forward to next weekend
>>
>>32878582
It's a path not meant for all. All my buddies would tell you I was an excellent soldier, but poor Infantryman. I agree. Did my 5 before during and after the surge. It's a place where you learn hard lessons the hard way. My 30% is evidence of that. I don't regret it. You're feeling like a failure has nothing to do with not signing up. People can still have balls and never have been in the military, find your own way, just don't be a dick about it when you get there. Nobody likes dicks accept pussies.
>>
>>32878582
Nope. I'm pretty socially awkward, don't do well in large groups, and have an inherent dislike for taking orders without reason. I would have been basically the worst soldier ever, and would have eventually been discharged before completing my contract.
>>
>>32881782
>Park it on the iv line
Honestly if you're an old folk and want to die in a nursing home just cheek your meds and od when you e got enough. That or just throw your fragile head at the toilet. Seems to kill just fine.
>>
>>32878582
I was in AFROTC, then bipolar disorder ended that dream. Now my dream is crushed and despite medication still feel deeply unfulfilled. Fuck my dad's side of the family for having this shit. Thanks for ruining my life before I was even born.
>>
I regret not being able to sign up due to being a total genetic failure borne of modern medical science's perversion of evolution.
>>
>>32885331
Probably best you weren't able to anyway, judging by your post. You sound like a teenager
>>
>>32878585

haha, remind me again which armies are copying multicam and carrying soon to be AR-15 design rifles

oh thats right, we all copy the one country that put a flag on the moon
>>
>>32879178
Army yes. SSG

>>32879322
No. Just a bitter cripple in his early 30's.
>>
>>32878582
me

health problems

so i went into computers & that worked out fairly well
>>
>>32878582
I regret not signing up earlier so I guess kinda. The guard is literally the. Best thing anyone can ever do. I love being able to volunteer for every tsp and still getting paid to go to school full time and do drill with all the same minded people in my shop. Literally could not be happier.
>>
>>32882203
>we'll let
That implies you have any control over the scum that is pillaging and raping your entire continent.
>>
File: 1468966195938.jpg (148KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468966195938.jpg
148KB, 768x1024px
>signed up at 19
>got injured (broke foot) in basic and they chaptered me with a med discharge
>can't re enlist without going through a mountain of waivers that frankly no one would sign
>pretty happy with my life right now and have a well paying and rewarding job, but sometimes I wonder what it would have been like had I not broken my foot

Sometimes I find myself hoping we get into world war 3 or some dumb bullshit like that so I can get the infantry experience that I feel I had robbed myself of. Logically I know it's stupid, but I guess it's just the way of men to want to do hardcore shit
>>
>>32885699
>he thinks his military designed any of that

lol
>>
>>32885699
Nazi Germany?
>>
>>32878582
I did during the summer after I graduated in 2012. All my friends joined and went to boot camp and I got really bored at home doing nothing, but college started I never thought about it again. Fast forward to 2016, most of my friends were getting out after 4 years of not deploying, and I had just graduated. Now they're just starting school at 22-23 years old I already started a good career and have all my debt paid off. If shit was actually happened when I graduated then yeah, I might've regretted it a little but nothing happened that would've made it worth joining for me.
>>
I'm extremely colorblind, even in 2007 I coudn't get a MOS that was even mildly interesting.
>>
>>32878722
You all go to the same school in Florida, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>32878585
Fucking S A V E D
>>
File: My pussy.jpg (7KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
My pussy.jpg
7KB, 250x192px
>>32878582

> mfw, can't join, near-sighted, asthmatic, high-functioning autist.
>>
File: 954725740294.png (1MB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
954725740294.png
1MB, 760x1200px
>>32878582
>I wouldn't feel like such a failure now
If you feel like a failure going in, then you're going to feel like a failure coming out.
Believe me, the military isn't all what it's cracked up to be. Sure they have their merits, but goddamn once you're in and you realize that you just signed away potentially 8 years of your life, reality hits you (everyone else too) like a ton of bricks. Your ass is theirs.
However not everyone is the same and some find immense "joy" in serving, so in the end it's up to chance with yourself.

Just remember that joining doesn't automatically mean that you're going to leave it successful, and readjusting back to civilian life can be tough as shit. Pray that you're lucky enough to get an MOS that gives you transferable skills back into civilian life as well.
>>
>>32878582
Nah. I joined, did my four years, and just got out a few months ago. School is harder than I remembered it to be, but I can say that I'm about 10x happier in the civvie life. I don't even think about killing myself anymore!

No ragrets
>>
File: 1485651679890.jpg (133KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1485651679890.jpg
133KB, 750x732px
>>32878582
>ended up going to college instead of signing because I fell for the rotc meme
>complications along the away and ended up dropping it junior year
>landed a decent job because my boss from the senior internship loved me
>make enough to provide for my parents, fiancee and my doggos
>every morning I get up to go jog and take a shit, and something hits me from the reflection in the mirror
>that tiny bit of regret of not joining (even in peace times) still lingers around
When does this feeling go away?
>>
>>32888741
Just go join the National Guard.
>>
>>32878582
They fucking wreck your body and your brain, pay you less than McDonald's, make you fight and possibly die or be seriously maimed for the Jews, just so you can gain all the experience you need to bean underpaid cop or head security guard at Target.

Yeah sounds like a great gig.
>>
>>32878582
I am going to do it when I turn 25, I am working on my associates degree right now and have about a year of school left. Being in California means I am pretty much poor until I do join the military. And, I am way too old to get into an officers position and make something useful out of it, which kind of sucks because my GPA is like 3.8 and I just made the dean's list at my school. Of course, growing up poor is kind of a barrier to many things including serving my own country since I did not even have the ability to attend high school until I was older. On the other hand, it looks like joining the Navy to become a diver might actually be more beneficial to me in career prospects than being an officer anyways since there is some extremely lucrative jobs and getting a bachelors degree later on in life seems like a great way to make that career path even better. I really should have joined earlier, but I can't really moan about spilled milk since I have made it a hell of a lot further than other people have in life.
>>
File: 1367021915159.jpg (958KB, 1921x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1367021915159.jpg
958KB, 1921x1744px
>>32885699
>the one country that put a flag on the moon
>>
>>32878582
Only when I go shoot.
>range buddies all retired or former military
>shoot better than some of them
>they start telling deployment stories over beer after shooting
>hey guys I shot a boar last week!
>that's cool, let me tell you about the time Australian SAS stole a goat and we cooked it then got drunk off of a gas can full of homebrew
>>
i have had my mind off and on it for a while.

grew up aspiring to be soldier
middle school/high school get into weed, figure i wouldn't want to HAVE to stop
Skip a few years
weeds not as important, but still do it as vice
currently make right under 20$ an hour doing IT Support.
go out hunting a lot, like /gq/ shit and think about the military a lot
fucking people that i support inspire rage
friend that just got out of the army just got a security contract making exponentially more than me

thoughts of what life could possibly be if i switched up professions

thoughts?
>>
>>32888919
Didn't some countries put their flag to moon with unmanned shuttles?
>>
>>32878582
I regret leaving the military t b h.
>>
>>32884644
how is deployment in NG? I'm thinking of it because fuck going out of country and I have bills to pay. Does it cover college?
>>
File: 1402650203104.png (189KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
1402650203104.png
189KB, 382x597px
>>32878582
nah, everytime I think about it, fuck that 10 war bullshit and this administration? I'm not here to /pol/ but fuck helping them
>>
>>32889151
no, there it a lot of trash laying on the moon from all kind of countries, but only the US have flags up there if you don't count the ones pained of the crashed satellites and other stuff
>>
>>32889121
>thoughts?
Do you have your health?
I don't!

Not saying I regret joining up, but there's two sides to everything and its honestly not for everyone. Literally the worst thing outside of being blown up for soldiers is having someone on their team who can't pull their weight, has personal issues with the job or doesn't fit in. Plus there's the extreme levels of violence and bloodshed that most people can't handle either, you played the safe game of being a civilian (and I'm not criticising you for it) which you might not feel rewards you enough on an emotional or financial level- but the risk was low to yourself.
>>
File: 1396603721897.jpg (107KB, 724x844px) Image search: [Google]
1396603721897.jpg
107KB, 724x844px
>>32878582
Yea, I guess. Shoulda joined the Corps with my buddy a year after I graduated. He's about to get out. I've gotten an AA in that time, but it took me a year longer than it should have. It didn't cost me much either, but I'd have free college and a good deal of savings if I went in instead. Plus, I wouldn't be as out of shape; though I'm not sure it's worth trading in the 10 extra pounds for fucked up knees and such. Biggest thing is the people though. I get along so well with those guys. I shoulda gone in, man. I'd fit right in. Bunch of vulgar, easy-going bastards those guys. I could've spent the last few years dicking around with my best friends instead of shitposting.
>>
>>32878582

The only reason i tolerate living at this point is because i lack the constitution to put my glock in my mouth and blow my shit through the sunroof and let the lights fade out.

The sense of obligation to do something for the greater good and for others always lingers after your discharge. For some guys they are tainted with an eternal craving for adrenaline and spend their lives trying to shake the feeling. Most of us have bittersweet memories, some alot god awful than others. Some of us feel used or victims of absurd politics.

People are easily discarded, life is vain, simple, eventually you realize we are just the sum of primal instinct and urges no matter what delegation of authority we hold over one another in any organization. It's a big game of roulette, shit just happens.
>>
>>32889199
It depends on your state. My deployment was gay and everyone in my unit thought they were heroes for sitting in a guard tower.

Different states have different policies with tuition. I signed up with the understanding that my tuition would be paid by the state. They've been out of money since I've been in.

From my deployment I get a portion of post 9/11.... I guess you could use Federal TA.

It can be a hassle with school... I have a four day drill "weekend" coming up. Very little will be accomplished and it's a huge waste of tax payers money.

Again, most of the people in my unit are correction officers and other b.s.... they depend on the NG and are always talking about how much debt they're in....... all of them blew their deployment money on brand new trucks..
>>
>>32889422
>People are easily discarded, life is vain, simple, eventually you realize we are just the sum of primal instinct and urges no matter what delegation of authority we hold over one another in any organization. It's a big game of roulette, shit just happens.

This is true, so isn't it reassuring that you've done something you wanted to do and which left you with indelible memories and provided experiences you wouldn't have gotten otherwise?

I mean vets generally get preference for law enforcement jobs, and I doubt you're all that old
>>
File: 1469874501756.jpg (153KB, 480x635px) Image search: [Google]
1469874501756.jpg
153KB, 480x635px
>>32878582

Signed up in 2005 in middle of my PhD. Now Navy officer medfag. Navy paid for all of my grad school. Lulz in OIF & OEF with Army civil affairs. Played soft power and bullshit hearts/minds games in 23 countries. I despise almost all DoD civilians and feel sorry for new mil who think Kuwait is a deployment. Only regret so far is that my 3 kids haven't been able to setup roots or go to same school with long term friends. Transfered my gi bill to kids and looking forward to finishing in 8 years and settling down in Idaho or something.
>>
>>32884644
Sounds a lot like fort Pickett
>>
>>32878582
i'm 41, wish i'd joined the navy when i was 18 but lsd & loads of pussy got in the way. now i can't even mind most of the names, bad choices.
>>
File: fukinlol.png (350KB, 497x401px) Image search: [Google]
fukinlol.png
350KB, 497x401px
>>32878585
>>
joining the military is the only way i could feel like an even bigger failure
>>
File: Lindy-action.png (1MB, 1370x706px) Image search: [Google]
Lindy-action.png
1MB, 1370x706px
>>32878585
Kek
>>
Currently a 15E in the army. It's pretty fuckin sweet.
>>
Marine artyfag.

I regret not being able to serve in an actial conflict, or a campaign.

OIF ended before I joined, OEF ended not long after, and when we had a warning order to go support OIR it was swiped by another unit at the last minute.

Because luck, something will pop off right as I EAS. There's no way I'm going to stay in just in case something does, either. Active duty life is pants-on-head retarded for a laundry list of reasons. The only thing I'm going to miss are my buddies.
>>
"I go to my fathers... in whose mighty company... I shall not now feel ashamed.".. Theoden

Dad was career Army... 82nd Airborne. First action was D-Day 1944. Also was Airborne Grunt in Korea for the duration. Went to Vietnam with 1st ID, as SgtMaj. Two Puple Hearts, Bronze Star with "V", other fruit salad.

Be me, 18 years old in 1968. Vietnam war raging. Join Marine Corps. Want to be war hero like Dad. Every swinging dick in my bootcamp platoon assigned 0300 MOS, except me. Back then Marines were not allowed to chose MOS. So I was stuck being a poge 2831 radio tech (oh the shame)...

Be in Vietnam. MOS puts me (and my radios) on numerous defoliated hills... No real combat, just a bunch of incomming and sniper fire. Watch Grunts deal with it ... Get Honorable Discharge at 22... Go on with life. Forget about Vietnam.

Vietnam buddies start dieing of cancer. Government says nothing, does nothing. Finally admits it's due to Agent Orange. Time goes by. More friends die. One day AO knocks on my door. Lose infected body parts, endure radiation and chemo... Still alive
>>
File: dirt.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
dirt.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>32882203
>>32885814
it's like two retards fighting over glue
>>
ME

>26
>overweight(but I can lose it)
>Keratoconus in one eye
>paralyses larynx so I cant be heard more than three feet

feels fucking bad, and now that trumps the president
just...
>>
File: 1482469488544.png (180KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1482469488544.png
180KB, 500x650px
Mulled it over, but realized i'm

A) not good with micromanagers

B) I have sticky fingers

C) I found a loving wife in highschool

D) I am snarky

If I enlisted i wouldn't just be a detriment to my unit by mouthing off, i'd be detrimental to the war effort by stealing supplies and selling it back to the locals. At best i'd be a civilian Guerilla, but if i ever went into the military i'd want to be Quartermaster. Either 92M, 92Y, or 92A

Do not regret not going into the military, though i'm only 21 so i could join if i wanted to but still feels like i'm over in the hill in that regard.
>>
File: CNDNativeSpeacialForces.png (79KB, 399x470px) Image search: [Google]
CNDNativeSpeacialForces.png
79KB, 399x470px
>>32878582
I used to regret not joining the army ,but then the rapeugee crisis started and I realized my country as it stands isint worth fighting for.Why fight in die in foreign shit holes for my government to turn around and invite these people in to rape my family and future children and abuse our welfare system and make my country a shit hole like they come from? Honestly I feel bad for any pore bastard who joined the military thinking it was for their families and country.
>>
File: 1458523973886.jpg (699KB, 2700x1683px) Image search: [Google]
1458523973886.jpg
699KB, 2700x1683px
>be me
>weeaboo loser failing school and hating it
>always thought military service was cool and honorable through my formative years but being a weak picked-on kid convinced me that I wouldn't last in it
>somehow scrape by in college for a few years
>find that I hate it just as much as an adult
>no future in sight by continuing schooling
>enlist in USAF, get my ass kicked in Basic because I was a skinnyfat weeb
>am amazed when I graduate, shed manly tears
>fast forward a few years later to today, have tons of experiences, met great people, love my life, have enough money to buy all the weebshit I could want

I don't think there's much to regret here. I went from a beta weakling to a confident go-getter. Nowadays I think about going back into the civilian world for monies and freedom, and in retrospect the civilian world was easy, I just had an awful mentality. Part of me wishes why I had to join the military to realize I wasn't a loser, but I think I'll be happy not having to spend the rest of my life life wondering "what if" in regards to joining.

8/10, would do it all over again.
>>
>>32891429
this is the type of shit that makes me question it all

i would do well with that change in confidence
>>
>>32891457
Thing is man, you hear it often while you're in, but military life is what you make of it. Not everyone gets a good experience out of it because their mentality is horrible from the get-go, or they fail to adapt as time goes by. For example, in basic the mentality of "I'm getting paid to learn and behave, this is easy shit" worked well while in training, but on the operational side it'd be incredibly stifling and likely would have made me mediocre.

We all have different reasons to sign up, but ultimately it comes down to what you want out of it, and if you're willing to sacrifice something for whatever that is. I can only advise you to ask if the "what if" would gnaw at you for the rest of your life if you choose not to serve.
>>
>>32891543
thanks anon, how old is too old in your opinion?
I would be going for army if i did

i'm 23, and lift 5 times a week if that means anything
>>
>>32878582
Don't make the mistake of looking outwards to answer your own questions about how well you're doing in life. If you have to ask, there's something wrong.

It isn't the military, it isn't a degree, it isn't any particular certification or standard that you don't have that's holding you back anon. It's you. Look in the mirror and say "I don't want to be this anymore" and change it.
>>
>>32891543
>sacrifice
Your being used as a political pawn. Dont be so delusional. America is a superpower. And we use the military as muscle to get what we want.
The rest is just your feelings. Remove that and you can correctly percieve reality.
You, your commander, and neither your general made any decisions. They all came from washington and the pentagon. Its a political move for power and resources.
Your just a fucking pawn. However its your choice to get the most out of the situation. Like money for schooling, and so forth.
>>
>>32891571
Bruh that's the exact age I joined too. Can't say I would recommend Army, but again, I wanted something from the military, and the Army didn't have what I wanted, which was working around aircraft. Make sure to consider your options first before being sure about the Army, as you can be infantry in both Army and Marines, to give an example.

As a side note, whatever you join, don't let the moto hooah hooyah brainwashing get to you.
>>
>>32878754
lmao load master
>>
>>32886793
Pretty sure you being asthmatic is what's preventing you from joining. Heard plenty stories of guys with near-sight and being autistic could join. Most would get laser eye surgery.
>>
>>32891598
I was speaking of giving up at least 4 years of your life, time away from friends/family, and having to deal with the UCMJ. Not muh sacrifice for the nation or any sort of koolaid that promotes grandiose ideas like that.
>>
>>32891658
i will consider that..
I think I'm already vulnerable to the brainwashing. Been into "muh honor" etc since childhood
>>
>>32878754
Finish your school and OCS then, anon.
>>
>>32891742
Bong here. Every year in college, when I was concerned I might have screwed my exams, I went and had a chat with the army recruitment stand in the middle of the college town. Then I passed - rinse and repeat. By finals year I was on first-name terms with he guys in the office, but I graduated.

Was in the cadets in school and reached the rank of staff sergeant. I often wonder what I would have turned out like if I'd gone into the army - not that I haven't been successful without it, but............
>fixed for typos and execrable grammar
>>
>>32878582
Can't, even if I want to. Meme disabilities are a bitch.
Would intelligence branches take me without putting me through PT?
>>
File: 1483920099253.jpg (89KB, 700x932px) Image search: [Google]
1483920099253.jpg
89KB, 700x932px
>>32891400

Same thoughts make me wonder if the blokes who fought in WW2 could see what direction the West ended up in...would they have continued to fight for the same side.

You should read the Forever War if you haven't already.
>>
>>32891598
There's some merit to your post, but your wording is so fedora that it's pretty hard to take seriously. You might as well just say that the US fights for Jews to inject more tinfoiling into it.
>>
>>32878582
I regret not enlisting in the Navy or Air Force out of high school. It would've eliminated a lot of bullshit from my life and I'd be much better off monetarily, probably even socially too. Maybe I'd have a girlfriend or a car or some shit.

But I'm reconciling that by becoming an officer after college. Don't live with regrets or think you've missed the chance to do something, most can be addressed if you're willing to be a little flexible.

Or just join the military if you're not too old.
>>
>>32891857
Sorry man. That was a female bitchy type fedora post wasnt it.
Love my country bro. Dont carr for the people running it.
But I am right though. We supply the same people we fight in wars. Shits been this way since the start of the cold war.
>>
>>32878582
Daddy was an army aviator in Desert Storm. His daddy was a sky soldier, killed at Dak To. His daddy was infantry in WWII. An ancestor of mine was a mercenary for Napoleon. Another one fought alongside his brother in the French and Indian war.

Sinus tachycardia, permanently disqualified.
>>
File: 1485846687427.webm (2MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485846687427.webm
2MB, 720x1280px
Military set me straight for my life.

-Expert pistol, expert rifle medals.
-Two combat tours in Iraq.
-Served on the honor guard laying soldiers to rest.
-Learned how to be self sufficient and get the job done no matter what.
-Learned management and leadership skills form being a NCO.
-Came out without any dumb fuck forearm tattoos.

I now have a comfy cozy easy job that I seem to be the only one capable of doing so they think of me like a god managing groids making 48K/year, single no kids, bought a car with cash, live in a 95% white safe wooded town (have to commute to work through groid city though).

The military is not for everyone. But if you have a high I.Q. and can do good on the ASVAB you will do great in the military.

Just don't use drugs, don't drink and drive and don't rape any drunk sluts and you should be fine.

When you are not deployed you get paid to iron your uniform, shine your boots, keep a good haircut, shave, workout, look pretty, salute, say yes sir/ma'am, and practice formations. And they give you free welfare gibs for doing this.

And if you don't get into the military, sign up for one of the PMC private security agencies and make 100K / year to do the same thing with 95% less bullshit and 95% higher risk of having your burned corpse hung from a bridge.
>>
>>32878582
I regret not doing it sooner. I just turned 25 and signed up couple weeks ago. I grew up a lazy fat fuck and took the easy route: got a degree and went into a dull shit office job. Spent the last 10 months working on my fitness and lost 60~ lbs.
>>
>>32891955
>And if you don't get into the military, sign up for one of the PMC private security agencies

Good luck getting into a PMC doing anything other than domestic security unless you have prior service, especially a SOF background.
>>
Maybe when Obama was president.

I'm glad I am not today, because fuck getting sent to Iran or Israel some shit.
>>
>>32888919
Now using ruskie crewed rockets just to access space.
>>
>>32891955
I worked for decades in the private security industry from the 1970s onward and "just go work for a PMC" is terrible advice. It's not a particularly stable career, even if you have a wealth of experience.

>>32892014
PMCs employ thousands of different types of people. Most have absorbed or opened their own intelligence services, which obviously don't require an SOF background. Many provide things like medical care, specialist assessment, signals and information security, maritime procedures, training of police and military and so on. The type of thing you're thinking of is miniscule.

I never served in special forces as a regular soldier and I sat on the board of two notable companies. Out of all the men I know over the years who have done this kind of work, only about 25 percent of them have a notable SF background.
>>
>>32882203
If you can get them to stop raping your women long enough to do that I'll be shocked
>>
>>32891843
I'll check it out,honestly I feel our ancestors would weep if they saw what we're doing now.
>>
>>32878582
>Son you will be a marine when you grow up.
So I spent 15 years expecting to blow out my knees kicking in doors and die in some shitty country because 'Merica. Then my dad fucked off and someone said something life changing.
>Anon you realize you don't have to join the marines right?
For 5 years I got shitfaced, smoked weed, and lost all ambition as I watched my country and my life go to shit. I tried AFROTC but frankly without the fear of getting chewed out and ran until I dropped I had no motivation. I'm considering the reserves until I graduate and can apply for OCS, but I'm less intelligent and athletic then I've ever been. I honestly just miss the sense of purpose I had knowing my death was inevitable and that I might as well experience and learn all I could before it happened.
>>
>>32878582
No, doing so would mean me going back on my political views and thus principals.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (28KB, 493x495px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
28KB, 493x495px
>>32892080
America loving Elon has got a solution in the works.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.