[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never fired a gun before, and am planning on going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: PistolRange.jpg (483KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
PistolRange.jpg
483KB, 849x565px
I have never fired a gun before, and am planning on going to a gun range with my girlfriend.
Any tips for a first timer?
>>
>>32875450
If you don't know what you are doing, ask someone who does.
>>
no shame in telling the range guys, they will walk you through it
>>
>>32875450
Do not, do not shoot a defensive caliber hand gun unsupervised for the first time. Rifle sure, but handgun? You're asking to a manslaughter charge.
>>
>>32875465
That's what he's doing.

>>32875450
Be sure to avoid limp wristing the gun, be sure to let her shoot plenty (maybe rent two guns), and be careful not to sweep anyone/keep finger off trigger when not shooting.

Other than that, you're pretty set.
>>
also just watch a youtube video on basic firearm safety (and a video on how to operate X firearm, whichever you will be shooting)
>>
>>32875485
lol whaaa

I was no guns for my first 27 years of my life, one day I was like let me apply for a ccw, came in mail, same day buy lcp, shoot at the store range alone, no training other than bfbc2 and some /k/. yea rite buddy.
>>
be safe, know the four rules and read over the posted rules and follow them. thats it.
>>
>>32875505
You are everything that's wrong with the modern gun owner.

You are pigshit
>>
Don't let her see you cry when the PTSD kicks in. A pro always wears mirrored sunglasses for this reason.
>>
>>32875549

Screw you, troll scum.
>>
>>32875592
Thanks, I'll remember this piece of advice the most.
>>
>>32875450
You should honestly go by yourself first so you understand how the range operates as well as just getting a feel for guns
>>
>>32875488
>That's what he's doing.
Recognized, and I meant no disrespect, but I mean while at the range don't be afraid to ask for help. If you have a malfunction for instance and are not 100% sure how to deal with it set the gun down and find an RO. Ask them to teach you instead of just fixing it and watch their face light up while you are at it.

Also I suggest loading one round only for the first shot or two to get a feel for the recoil with no chance of doubling up.
>>
>>32875450
Diet learn the 4 rules of safety, search them up and take that shit seriously.

Take a fighting stance. Grip that shit good. Don't teacup it. Hold it comfortably with your dominant hand and fill in the gap with the meat of your offhand thumb. Thumbs point forward, you can even push them down on the lip of the frame if it's a polymer gun.

Align your sights, equal height, equal light. Focus on the front sight. Be careful of Glock "ball in the cup" sights, you need to push the ball down further so it's cut in half. Don't know why they do that but hey.

Grip the gun tight. I don't care what anyone says about gripping it comfortably, grip the shit out of that thing. Hold on your target, steady the sights, then fire. Don't try to do that thing where your sight picture/gun is moving up and down and you try to fire the second it lines up. You'll miss every time. Take your time, the ability to rapid fire accurately takes experience.

Finally, trigger control. Pull back to the break, and smoothly press the rest of the shot. Don't pull, don't squeeze, press. If you're shots are going too far left, right, up, or down when you're sights are on target it's an issue with your grip or trigger control. You're either gripping too much with one hand or jerking the trigger too quickly or not consistently enough.

There now you can make that dumb bitch look bad when you show her up and maybe be able to teach her something like a man should be able to.
>>
>>32875847
*First learn the 4 rules

Why the fuck would it correct to diet.. anyway I'm going to emphasize that again, learn the rules of gun safety. That's the most important thing to focus on for a beginner, then worry about the fundamentals of handgun marksmanship I posted above (I assume you're shooting a handgun?)
>>
>>32875847
>gripping too much with one hand
This could also be happening during the shot, you could be squeezing one hand more in anticipation of recoil.

Your grip should be consistent. At no point during the shot should it change in pressure for either hand. Also, don't readjust with each shot. A lot of people will shoot one, re-grip, and shoot again. There's no point in doing that if you grip tightly enough and consistently.

Btw, guns don't have recoil. It's a meme. When you pull the trigger and a shot goes out, nothing happens. The guns stays exactly the same every single time.

>This is obviously not true, but it's what you need to convince yourself of. Recoil really isn't that bad, don't be afraid of it or you'll throw shots. It's not going to hurt you and the gun won't fly out of your hands.
>>
>>32875908
>It's not going to hurt you and the gun won't fly out of your hands.

Cuck caliber detected.
>>
Put your hearing protection on before entering the lane. Don't be surprised when a case ricochets off the divider and hits you. Keep the gun pointed down range at all times. If it jams and you don't know why, drop the magazine and ask for help/rack the slide. Don't hand off a loaded gun to somebody else, either leave it unloaded until you're shooting or put it down. You can pick up on the rest pretty quickly.
>>
>>32875450
DON"T BRING WOMEN TO THE RANGE
Nothing makes me more mad than seeing a fucking chick on the range
This is the absolute LAST HOBBY we men have that women haven't infected
Keep it that way.
We keep our ranges women free with sexist comments and by not fucking helping those whiny complaint machines
Get out of my hobby
>>
Bait thread is bait
>>
>>32875450
>Go into range
>load up gun
>point it down range
> take deep breath
>yell at the top of your voice "ALLAH ACKBAR ALLAHUACKAR!" Again and again
>mag dump like a mad man
>rinse and repeat until satisfied
>>
>>32875450

OP most of your replies will be troll shit, but >>32875465 this guy is the most correct

Also if you're the slightest bit concerned about how your gf thinks of you, unless you're both going into this thing on the same page of "it will be fun but important" Go a few times by yourself first, that way you don't end up looking dumb/weak in front of her. Without knowing how y'alls relationship is that's weird advice to give, just saying.

Basically go in completely open and willing to learning. Tell everyone who works at the range, from the moment you get there, that you've never fired a gun before. If the range is worth a fuck they'll guide you through every step and be helpful. You might do well to do a fair bit of googling about first trips to the range too, since you'll likely find better advice there than here on /k/.

Set up the whole night before and the morning of to be calming and relaxing, because anxiety will make you more stupid than anything else. And here's the most important part. If, AT ANY POINT, you become nervous, or unsure of what you're doing, lay the pistol down on the table and calm down/think for a bit. If during this time you realize you're still unsure of what you're doing, just grab an RO.

I've taken a few first time shooters to the range with me and been lucky that they did well, but the number one worst thing you can do, is to act as if you know what you're doing when you know that you don't. The potential results are way worse than just admitting you don't know what you're doing

That said, good luck OP, hope you and your womern have fun, and if it goes well and nobody does anything stupid, and provided it's also her first time, there will likely be some lingering adrenaline when y'all get home that will likely lead to some fun sexytimes, especially if you seem confident from having read up beforehand and not looking like as much of a noob as her
>>
>>32876257
It's like you don't want your wife to be able to defend herself from rapists something. Perhaps you enjoy being seeing her get fucked by strange men?
>>
>>32876468
Yeah, maybe I do? It's called an open relationship, and she deserves to enjoy herself when I alone can't satisfy her.

Do you have something wrong with that, you bigoted asshole?
>>
>>32876257

>REEEEEEEEEE

The post

When I was 18 my brother took me and his wife to the range. She'd never shot a gun. To quote him, she was "scary good"

I brought my last GF to the range, with my Model 10. She felt way better afterwards about needing to defend herself when I'm not around

I visited my Aunt, who saw the same Model 10 in my backpack. Wanted to go to the range since her recently divorced husband had been acting weird and coming around the house. Later that day she bought a Glock 43 to defend herself

Both shot very well, and I'm still surprised at how well women (at least the women in my life) seem to shoot for not being experienced. Maybe it's a motherly instinct thing.

You have to understand the woman, and whether or not they're worth of going to the range. Just like men, or people in general. I can think of a dozen derp-shits I wouldn't trust with a gun in their hands, much less with me being responsible for them at a range

Also, isn't your whole post kinda contradictory, because like all /k/ommandos, don't you fantasize about a qt who can oper8 your AK/Mosin/Borchardt/whatever the fuck you own?
>>
>>32875450
when checking in to the range, let them know you've never fired a gun
ask what the range rules are
ask who the range officer is
let the range officer know you've never fired a gun

don't remove gun from holster, bag, or case until at the line
do not point the gun anywhere other than down range, even if you are certain it is empty
do not put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire
watch a gun safety video
>>
>>32875450
Observe the Four Rules.

Also don't fucking play around, pointing the gun at your head or someone else as a joke or shit, people die from this, because they're idiots with no trigger discipline and assume the gun isn't loaded because you take out the magazine.

>>32875485
Ignore this asshole.

>>32876257
Fuck off Ibrahim, in America we respect women as people. A lady wants to carry shoot a muslim rapist? All the merrier.
>>
>>32876577
Too obvious.
>>
>>32875450
If you want your girl to see how much of a cuck you are, go for it

Otherwise, buy your own gun, shoot at minimum once a week until you are proficient, then take her with you. I seriously lol every time I go to the range and see some hipster dude with his lip ring slut gf a few lanes down and neither one of them can even fucking hit the target. If your girl has any self respect she would dump your ass as soon as she realizes you can't shoot for shit.
>>
>>32876638
Easy now.
>>
>>32876638

Hold on now, not every girl is the slut you imagine them to be, just because they fuck their boyfriend regularly

There's such a thing as calm, timid people. Sometimes they're dudes, sometimes they're girls. Sometimes one of each meets each other and becomes a thing, Perhaps that couple, after some time of happiness together, decides they need to explore guns, whatever the reason.Neither of them having experience with guns, decides to do the reasonable thing and go rent a gun at a range and educate themselves, in the interest of either a hobby or self defense, and they do so openly and honestly.

But I guess you wouldn't even have thought of that, what with your ripped body, huge dick, and loaded bank account and everything. Are you the kind of dude who bangs new chicks constantly or the kind who has a wife who's your total submissive slave to your godlike masculinity? Surely it's only one or the other, so which is it?

t. a normal person
>>
>>32876811
>Trying to explain normal relationship dynamics to an autistic redpill virgin

You're wasting your time, I'm afraid.
>>
>>32876890

Yeah, I know, I just feel the need to try. I don't know why, maybe it's not as much for the foggler I replied to as it might be for anyone else who reads it. Maybe I can save someone from becoming full on REEEEEE
>>
>>32875450

Have Muzzle Discipline

Have Trigger Discipline

Use Hearing Pro

Use Eye Pro

Wear buttoned up shirts

Shoot .22lr first, then move up to .38spl out of a .357 mag revolver, then do what ever you want.

Last thing you want is to become scared of guns because you shot something too powerfull and besides blinding and defeaning you it flips up and smacks you in the head or sends the stock slamming into your jaw or scope to penetrate your skull.
>>
>>32875626
This.

Worst thing for anything is being the blind leading the blind.

Example: go eat ar resturant or go drinking and scout out clubs and bars by yourself to vet if the place is good and safe...also you can then impress your date with your knowledge of the place and act as tour guide.
>>
>>32875450
If its your first time, don't go with your gf. You'll look like an idiot not knowing what he's doing. Can you imagine a man taking his girlfriend golfing even though hes never played a hole before? He's look like a total moron, and the girl would be embarrassed to be seen with him.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.