[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is a fire extinguisher as a self defense weapon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How viable is a fire extinguisher as a self defense weapon?
>>
Very. That shit's heavy. Plus the actual contents are a real eye irritant.
>>
>>32875353
Replace the anti-fire foam by acid.
>>
It would actually be not that bad. I had to empty an old one once. I don't know what kind of shit they put in these things, but I had to step 30 feet back just to get a single gasp of air.
>>
It depends. If you're a worthless retard, it's great. If you're an adult male with a functioning brain, there is almost certainly something better nearby.
>>
>>32875353
What kind?
ABC powder is very much not fun to get in the eyes and breathe.
CS extinguishers don't really have range and it's easy to power through the cold for a second to clock you in the kisser.
Forget the water ones. Might as well just bonk them on the head with it.
Let's not even talk about the mist ones.
>>
>>32875353
Good enough.
>>
Robust as fuck, number 1 option vs. clowns
>>
>>32875353
I got drunk at the baracks one time. I pulled out the fire extinguisher and sprayed it everywhere for LOLz.

Then the staff duty came out, he was pissed. Mustered us up. Then he told us some prick used the fire extinguisher.

So we went out in groups trying to find them. But we didn't find anything, because once again, I'm the asshole that started it all.

/Devil doggish/
>>
>>32875353
It's heavy and metal. I could see one of the smaller thin ones being especially viable.

>>32878810
Fill them with nitroglycerine and just insta-gib people. I prefer to CC beakers of that CLHF3 stuff mixed with acid, just throw bottles of flaming acid at those damn wizards.
>>
If you can somehow get ahold of the Mk-46 OC Riot Extinguisher, you'll have fun. It's a fire extinguisher that's been modified to dispense OC spray in a mist form, with enough range and spread to share the love with an stadium's worth of Rioters.
>>
Here's the Devil's fire extinguisher
>>
>>32875353
In Poland, every car is obligated to carry a small in the vehicle. ABC powder, naturally, minimal capacity, 1kg.
They work for like, 3 seconds, and their effectiveness is highly disputed, but yes - the force of the blow is pretty strong, and the stuff is pretty nasty & sticky...
So yea, in a desperate self defense it could stop a not-100% motivated attacker.
>>
>>32875391
it's not rated that bad on the fire diamond: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_dihydrogen_phosphate but i've never had it in my face so i wouldn't judge
>>
>>32878838

I was on fire patrol once during a guard duty shit. Fire patrol back then consisted of sending a guy through all the barracks every second hour. With a lot of unmotivated conscripts in the system the reality was that the officer was waking up a guy every second hour, who put on his boots then walked to the nearest empty bed in the nearest barrack and slept until it was time to return. When it was my turn it was the 4am round. Being a little more motivated than some I actually walked my patrol. In one of the last barracks some jolly had emptied a 10 pound fire extinguisher all over the stairs. As I returned in I of course reported this to the officer - and all hell broke lose. Because none of the other guys that night had even been doing any walking, and now everyone in my guard unit had to hurriedly come up with reasons why they had not noticed this little funzie. And since noone knew when it had actually happened....
>>
>>32878963
>no. of short bursts: none
>no net weight

What
>>
Better than a rubber chicken, worse than a sturdy branch.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.