[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LGS employee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: model 42.jpg (594KB, 2956x1958px) Image search: [Google]
model 42.jpg
594KB, 2956x1958px
how can i become a gun store clerk?

i want this job very badly but have no idea where to start.

how much does an LGS employee usually get paid?
>>
>>32874586
>i want this job very badly
No, you don't.
>>
>>32874586
Can't be too hard, I know several college guys that work as gun counter clerks. Tell us about all the wacky shit if you do get into it. I've seen some real strange and hokey gun store shoppers "oh you should get a hi-point real reliable"
>>
>>32874586
>i want this job very badly
No... No you don't. I haven't even worked for a gun shop and I know this.
>>
Don't be fooled OP. Take guns out of the equation and all you are left with is a retail gig that pays slightly more than minimum wage AT BEST.

This thread is shit so.... gun shop stories thread?...

Anyone?....
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 480x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 480x448px
>>32874586
No, you really don't.
Pay depends. If you work at some big box like gander or bass pro you usually get paid decent but have to do lots of extra work like stocking shelves and unloading 18 wheelers.
If you work at a real LGS you get paid low wages but usually get commission.
The worst part is the customers, 99% are stupid fucks who shouldn't be in the same room as a gun.
Everything and more you hear in the Range/gun store stories thread are absolutely true.
>>
>>32874586
>i like cars
>i want a job at the dmv
same idea. its great you want to work and be enthusiastic about your job but its going to suck the fun out of guns for you.
>>
>>32874596
>>32874639
You really do not want a job at a gunstore. The ONLY benefit is that you get discounts on some shit.
>>
File: 1482083387559.jpg (252KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482083387559.jpg
252KB, 1280x720px
>i like videogames
>ill work at a videogame store!
>>
>>32874674
Again, I don't work at one, but one of my best friends did, and he had a few stories

>ATF audit time!
>Fat black woman comes in demanding to see all their paperwork
>Everything she checks is in order
>BUT WAIT! WHAT IS THAT HANGING ON THE WALL?
>IS THAT A FUCKING RPG?!?!
>Ma'am, that's demilled... It's for decoration
>BULLSHIT, PULL THAT THING DOWN HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT
>Checks everything over, YALL NIGGAS LUCKY THIS TIME, GET RID OF THIS THING

>Few years later ATF AUDIT TIME AGAIN MOTHERFUCKERS
>Older white man this time
>Checks the entire stack of 4473s not in storage
>Luckily buddy had just gone through them to be sure it was in order, because a few things weren't
>Everything is good
>Hey guys, what the hell is this thing in your case?
>Sir, that's a mare's leg. It's a pistol and completely legal
>Hmm... I'm gonna have to call my superior on this
>Few minutes pass
>Ok, it checks out I think, get rid of that thing
>You guys are lucky this time. I'm the guy that's sent to revoke FFLs
>>
>>32874820
>Having to tell the ATF what is legal according to the ATF
Abolish the ATF
>>
>>32874586
First, get a lobotomy.

Secondly, learn to memorize and regurgitate gun memes no matter how asinine, with zero practical experience.

Third, when someone comes in knowing exactly what they want, try to educate them out of it so much that they leave and buy it at a chain store.

Fourth, know that many combat vets say things like clip, silencer and bullet, and they love being corrected by a douchebag who never served a day because of his bedwetting or weak ankles.

Fifth, make sure you tell every policeman who comes into your shop and handles a gun that they are doing it wrong. Then show them the 5 step tactical turtle followed by turning your head left and right a few times.
>>
>>32874820
>>110939888
We had an AFT audit a couple weeks ago, they spent 3 days reviewing our paperwork and procedures.
>>
File: 160.jpg (561KB, 1858x1045px) Image search: [Google]
160.jpg
561KB, 1858x1045px
>>32874820
Also, I have an interesting story about my Model 41 that revolves around that same gun shop

>Be back in the 70s
>Oil man buys himself a Model 41
>After tinkering around with it for a couple years, takes it up to the gun shop
>"Hey guys, is there anything you can do to help out with this barrel?"
>Barrel has been cut down and he had apparently tried to thread it, being completely mangled in the process
>"Sir, what the hell did you do to this thing?"
>"Uh, I was trying to thread the barrel... For some uh, experimenting at ho-"
>"Please stop talking right fucking now"
>"Well, it's fucked, best we can do is have a replacement fitted"
>Pistol is sent to Clark Custom to have a weaver railed barrel fitted

...Continued
>>
File: 162.jpg (1022KB, 1971x1305px) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
1022KB, 1971x1305px
>>32875017
Fast forward to a couple years ago

>Man dies of some complications due to old age
>Has an estate sale to sell off most of his various collections
>Shop owner decides to check it out, the guy was a regular at the shop
>Sees a number of guns he sold the guy, but curiously, the 41 is absent
>They must have kept that one I guess, thinks nothing of it
>Week later, some wetback comes in the shop wanting "ammo for a Clark .22".
>What...
>Instantly suspicious, anybody owning a Clark Custom gun would more than likely know enough about it to buy ammo on their own
>Ask wetback to bring it by to check out
>Next day beaner shows up with pistol
>Owner takes it in the back, searches through some old paperwork from the previous work done to it
>Sure enough, the serials match
>Confronts said spic, "Look, I know you didn't buy this thing yourself, I know the guy that owned this gun and it was missing from his estate."
>Beaner confesses, he was hired to get estate in order, pocketed the pistol
>"Look, if you leave it here with me, we won't get the police involved, but I better not see you here again."
>Spic leaves the gun
>Later that day I'm texting my buddy, asking about anything cool
>He mentions they got a 41, I instantly tell him to put it back for me before hearing the story or seeing pictures.
>I pick it up shortly after
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.