[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: buddy.jpg (127KB, 674x800px) Image search: [Google]
buddy.jpg
127KB, 674x800px
I come to you /K/ in a time of uncertainty. Been a gun enthusiast my entire life. Currently in Uni for medical stuff. Recently been looking into building parts kits for assorted guns. Start to like it so much I get the idea of doing something related to it for a career. Should I stop going to Uni for medical stuff and switch to doing something with guns or keep my current path and keep it as a hobby. I come to this board instead of /adv/ since it was gun related.

>Tl;Dr should I go into guns smithing for a career or stay medical. main concern is finding work.

Pic unrelated
>>
Stay med, use money to support funs?
>>
>be doctor
>buy all the guns
>be gunsmith
>touch all the guns you are too poor to own
>be gun engineer
>autistically attempt to improve the AR15 and Glock
>be ballistician
>do math all day, range time becomes work
Fuck the industry.
>>
>>32873972
>this

The money you can make in medical is more than enough to take it up as a hobby.
>>
>>32873972
>>32873990
this is retarded.
What fucking medical professionals have you you guys ever seen that had enough spare time to enjoy hobbies?
The only ones I've ever seen are in their late 50's and retired.
>>
>>32874008
Well yeah. That's sort of implied by a medical career. You spend a gorillian years in school then a gorillian years paying off your debt and making a fortune and then you fuck off to the mountains and assuming the title of Hickock90.
>>
>More info

Looking to be nurse, everyone else I've asked tells me to be nurse part time and gun smithing part time
>>
all i can say as a continuation of my post here: >>32874008
is that gunsmithing is a really fucking hard field to get in to, and would most likely require you to move to some shithole state that was really pro-2a.
>>
>>32874023
>nurse
>have to go through med school
>have to get experience the only way (the hard way)
>basically takes as long as it does to become a doctor
>make way less
Brilliant.
>part time nurse part time gunsmith
Absolutely brilliant. Truly a hero of our times.
>>
Thanks for the input anons. Just trying to make the most of my one go around and not be miserable

>>32874033
From Ky btw.
>>
>>32873962
Join the army and go 91F after collge
>>
Stay medical you fool! There is no barrier to entry with funs and every redneck thinks he's a gunsmith.

Make money then enjoy the high end of the firearms hobby. Don't try to make that hobby your job unless poverty looks pleasant.

Doctors tend to stay in business a long time because they enjoy the challenge and enjoy the fuck out of the money.
>>
>>32874062
Honestly though my friend, if you're already doubting medical school for whatever reason, i'd probably just bail now before you get too deep. Most people that are successful in medical fields had no fucking doubt that it was what they wanted to do.
>>
a plethora of diverse answers, makes me look at points I hadn't realized. Thanks anons.

>>32874080
Not really doubting it, I like medical stuff as equally as Funz but I'm afraid to make a life altering mistake.

>>32874069
Was thinking of going Navy before I thought about my current plan as a Corpsman.
>>
>>32874023
that's retarded
>>
>>32874394
Better Idea?
>>
>>32873962
>going to Uni
Not a merican speaking there.
>>
>>32874409
Local community college, just what I assumed you would call it. Though technically it isn't a uni
>>
>>32874008
i know doctors, they have time if they want it but they make too fucking much money. it's the opportunity cost of doing anything else, sure you can spend time with your family but it's costing you hundreds of dollars an hour to watch your children play video games.
>>
>>32874518
Not a merican. Community college. Med school. Pick one
>>
>>32874404
do medical shit full time
but keep the hours below 50 a week
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.